Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 11-21-2011, 10:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Laguna Bozo
Have you watched the AMod yet? Do. Can you believe those mid-race passes? The stop "just to be fair" because Fred thought he was going too fast? Dave Jun is not only technically fantastic, he is a perfect gentleman on and, I know, off the track.
Tamiya is lucky to have him... I hope they pay him enough!

Fred, too!!

Now, go hold your line!! ...And if you hit me from the rear, it wasn't really YOUR line, was it?
DJ always has been and always will be an A+++ class act. He borrows a few things during race day, Tanya brings us sandwiches back for lunch, and Dave still says "sorry I bugged you for so much today". Dave, you can bug me any day, just remember to help me with my set-up. Driving, I am afraid I have to keep working on that part.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
Cuda, it was fun racing and bench racing with you at TQ as always. Have a good turkey day and look forward to racing with you for round 2 of UF1 on 3-Dec.

So, you really think you have something for me in LeMans class ?
Did you think I was talkin about the LeMans cars when I said my bench racer would beat your bench racer?
I was referring to our views on P2 vs. P3 as being our bench racers.
Now as far as LeMans racers go, we'll just have to sort that one out. Both of us had stupid fast cars and both of us had our hi and low points last time out. It's gonna be fun none the less.

Happy Thanksgiving to you too and all the rest of youz guyz out there.
Old 11-22-2011, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
DJ always has been and always will be an A+++ class act. He borrows a few things during race day, Tanya brings us sandwiches back for lunch, and Dave still says "sorry I bugged you for so much today". Dave, you can bug me any day, just remember to help me with my set-up. Driving, I am afraid I have to keep working on that part.
+1 on DJ, Fred too, really if you think about it, without the passion and dedication that the whole Tamiya crew puts out there, would there be a TCS in this country.
Thanks guys, if you keep having it, I will keep racing it
Old 11-24-2011, 07:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation Tamiya track open for Holiday !

FYI
Sorry for last minute planning but I was going to open the track tomorrow so it anybody is interested, it will be open. I'm sure lots of people are off for the Thanksgiving holiday so this is why I will open the track Friday and Saturday. I'll try and text Kevin so he can contact everybody.
If you read this pass the word around.
See you tomorrow around 9:00am.
Max
Old 11-25-2011, 08:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

The suspense is killing me! How about some rules for 2012!
Old 11-25-2011, 01:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default It's like a Twilight Zone!!!

Originally Posted by SRBMOJO
The suspense is killing me! How about some rules for 2012!
Me 2. I am in such suspense that I can't even sleep at night. Okay, that might be due to other issues, but if Santa is going to be able to hook me up for Christmas, I need to give him a list. 2012 rules help to dictact that list

EB R
Old 11-27-2011, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EB Racer
Me 2. I am in such suspense that I can't even sleep at night. Okay, that might be due to other issues, but if Santa is going to be able to hook me up for Christmas, I need to give him a list. 2012 rules help to dictact that list

EB R
Yea...... Come on Fred
Old 11-28-2011, 09:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Sure would be nice if the rules were posted so I could use those killer coupon codes posted on facebook!
Old 11-28-2011, 11:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 129 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SRBMOJO
Sure would be nice if the rules were posted so I could use those killer coupon codes posted on facebook!
Please share more on these "killer coupon codes". Anything more than free shipping?

I also would love to see the 2012 rules and tentative schedule. Look forward to see it once available.

Erik
Old 11-28-2011, 01:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

my guess would be:

mini: silver can rpm limit
mini GT: mini but 17.5 blinky or this may be the new 1/12 or new 4wd mini
novice: TT01 silver can rpm limit
GT3: Tub car silver can rpm limit
GT2: Tub 17.5 blinky
GT1: tub or decked 13.5 blinky
FF03: 21.5 blinky
F1: 21.5 blinky
don't know or race the ones I'm missing.

same current esc list. same current motor brand list
added new list of 21.5 allowed motors. Novack, Lrp, etc.

That would be my Tamiya guess
Old 11-28-2011, 07:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ewippler
Please share more on these "killer coupon codes". Anything more than free shipping?

I also would love to see the 2012 rules and tentative schedule. Look forward to see it once available.

Erik
CM2011RC Good 11/28/11 Only 30% R/C Kits and RTR Orders over $50 excludes already discounted items

CM2011RCP Good 11/28/11 Only 20% R/C Parts Orders over $50 excludes already discounted items

CM2011PM Good 11/28/11 Only 15% Plastic Models Orders over $50 excludes already discounted items
Old 11-28-2011, 09:49 PM
Tech Master

.....The suspense is killing me....... RULES!
Old 11-28-2011, 11:13 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Re-re-edited.

Just read the Canadian TCS rules. Fred, they're floundering. Help 'em out. They've banned the M-03 and say you can run the maximum size pinion in your M-06, as long as it has either 19 or 21 teeth. They've made the FF-03 the top dog, GT1 class. Please, my fellow (although eastern) Canuckians need your guidance!

Jim

Last edited by monkeyracing; 11-29-2011 at 07:24 PM.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default tcs

Originally Posted by monkeyracing
Re-re-edited.

Just read the Canadian TCS rules. Fred, they're floundering. Help 'em out. They've banned the M-03 and say you can run the maximum size pinion in your M-06, as long as it has either 19 or 21 teeth. They've made the FF-03 the top dog, GT1 class. Please, my fellow (although eastern) Canuckians need your guidance!

Jim
here are the current canadian tcs rules

TCS Rules (Tentative) 2012

All radio control car-racing hobbyists are welcome to join the series. Whether you’re new to the sport or a seasoned racing hobbyist we invite you to partake in the Tamiya Championship Series where fun and good competitive racing is our top priority.

“Factory Team” drivers (drivers who are, or have ever been, employed or supported by a factory, manufacturer or distributor as part of a factory racing team) are not allowed to compete for prizes or awards. This includes drivers that received sponsorship that entailed a monthly salary from a factory and received paid airfare/accommodations to racing events.

There will always be racers who will try and get a deal of some kind. This cannot be avoided and therefore we ask for a balance as much as possible. The hardcore factory sponsored driver may not participate. An example of racers that Tamiya Canada would not allow to compete would be Marc Rheinard or Keven Herbert. These types of drivers are clearly supported by a factory and would not be eligible.

General Rules:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 - Tamiya parts only. No parts from other manufactures unless specified here

2 - Any manufacturer's electronic speed control, radio equipment, servo saver, antenna, antenna mount, pinion and spur gears, ball bearing, tire inserts, motor fan, motor heat sink are allowed in all classes

3 - A 27 MHz, 75 MHz or 2.4 GHz radio systems. A minimum of 2 frequencies is required

4 - Lipo TECH rule: In the interest of safety and fairness, all LIPO batteries will be volt metered at TECH prior to a "race or qualifying" heat. Lipo batteries exceeding 8.44 volts will not be allowed to race on the track until after they have been discharged

5 - Any Tamiya Hop-Op Option and spare part is allowed as long as it is used in the way it was designed, and on the vehicle it was designed for

6 - It is strictly forbidden to cut, mill or lighten the chassis in any class. It is strictly forbidden to re-engineer or modify the car in any way other than with Tamiya Hop-Ups. (This applies to all classes)

7 - All bodies must be painted and must be cut along the trim lines. No extra vents or holes may be added to the body

8 - Any motor connector or direct hard wiring to the motor is allowed.

9 - Any battery connector or direct hard wiring to the battery is allowed

10 - Tire conditioners are allowed on rubber/foam tires in all classes, but may be restricted at certain venues. (Some TCS host sites do not allow additives due to the track being indoors and the lack of ventilation)

11 - In order to keep tech moving quickly and smoothly, tire warmers are no longer allowed in the tech area

12 - Motor Heat Sink Tech Rule: The use of any manufacturer's heat sink is legal; HOWEVER, it is illegal to form ice on your heat sink for use during your race or qualifying heat

13 - Motor Fan Rule: The use of any manufacturer's cooling fan is legal. However, the fan must be no larger than 1" x 1" and must run off of the receiver. It is now ILLEGAL to have a secondary battery to power the fan. No more than 2 fans in a vehicle. (If you have a fan on your ESC in counts as 1 fan)

14 - All bodies must use the wings that are supplied in the kit. Mixing and matching ABS plastic wings between different bodies is not allowed. Part number 53470 (Lightweight Wing) and 53604 (Racing Wing Set) or any future OPTIONAL wing set is allowed to be used for any sedan or sports car body. Optional wings are not allowed in the FD Touring class

15 - Lightweight screws that are made of aluminium, steel or Titanium that are made by other manufacturers are allowed. (i.e. any screw is legal)

16 - The use of thin shims (available at most hobby stores and now made available by Tamiya) to space out the slop or play in suspension arms, steering bell-cranks and wheel axles is permitted in all vehicles except in the spec class. Shimming the aforementioned components of the car in a way that alters the geometry of the car or its basic geometry design is not legal

17 - The use of O-Rings on shock ball ends and camber/steering links is allowed

18 - Enlarging or creating extra vent holes in wheels is not permitted

19 - If a driver finds a loophole within the rules, the exploitation will be deemed illegal at the discretion of the race director

Any modification not called out specifically in these rules is not legal

Battery Rules:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- The GT2, Mini Sports, FDT, and Formula One classes will only be allowed to use the following spec batteries

- REEDY SPEC WOLFPACK LIPO (part#730)

- REEDY SPEC 2400 LIPO (part#713)

- REEDY 2400 Wolf Pack, Peak/ Orion 2400 Sport packs either Ni-cad or NIMH

- The GT1 class is allowed to use any ROAR approved Lipo,Lifi Ni-cad, or NIMH battery. No Soft case batteries or home made hard cases! Please check the ROAR rules/ website for approved Lipo batteries roarracing.com

GT1 Super Touring:

1 - All Tamiya TA, TB, TT, TL, EVO, 414, 415, and 416 series sedan chassis' (TA01, TA02, TA03, TA04, TA-05, TA-06, TL01, TT-01, TT-01R, TT-01E, TB01, TB-02, TB-02R, TB-03, TB Evo 1,2,3,4,5 MS, FF01, FF02, FF03, 414M, 414MII & 415, 415MS, 415MSX, 415MSX MRE, 415MSXX, 416, 416X, 417, 417X)
2 - Tamiya Hop-Ups only
3 - Any ROAR LEGAL Brush-less or brushed motor. Motors must be a 540-size can. Example 5.5, 6.5,8.5,10.5,13.5 motors are all legal
4 - Batteries may be taped in or clamped in by the supplied Tamiya holder. Leaving out the Tamiya plastic battery holder is legal
5 - Tamiya rubber tires, inserts, and wheels only
6 - No extra vent holes are allowed to be drilled on the wheels
7 - Changing the camber-link positions on the car other than the way it was intended is not allowed
8 - Tamiya Subaru Legacy bodies are NOT allowed

GT2 Touring: TRIP WINNING

1 - All Tamiya TA, TB and TL series sedan chassis' (TA01, TA02, TA03, TA04, TAO5, TA-06, TL01, TB01, FF01, FF02, FF03 TTO1,TT01E, TBO2, TB03). R versions are allowed
2 - Tamiya 540J "Silver Can" motors (Item#53689).
3 - Tamiya 24mm tires, inserts, and wheels only
4 - Tub chassis only, no double deck chassis' allowed
5 - Spec Battery rules apply
6 - No extra vent holes in the wheels
7 - Changing the camber-link positions on the car other than the way it was intended is not allowed
8 - All Tamiya Touring and Sports car bodies are allowed
9 - Batteries may be taped in or clamped in by the supplied Tamiya holder. Leaving out the Tamiya plastic battery holder is legal
10 - Tamiya Hop-Ups allowed, no chassis lightening allowed
11 - Tamiya Subaru Legacy bodies are NOT allowed

FD Touring (FF03):

1 - Any version of the FF03 chassis only (FFO3, FF03 Pro)
2 - Tamiya Silver can 540J motor. (Item 53689)
3 - Tamiya 24mm tires, inserts, and wheels only
4 - Spec Battery rules apply
5 - No extra vent holes in the wheels
6 - No dish wheels allowed
7 - Tamiya Hop-Ups allowed, no chassis lightening allowed
8 - Maximum final drive ratio is 3.8 (80t spur & a 48-52t pinion is a great range)
9 - Only Front wheel drive Tamiya Bodies may be used. (Example Honda Civic, VW Golf, Volvo 850, etc..) No Tamiya optional racing wing sets (53470, 53604) Wing can only be the plastic scale type included with the bodies

MiniSports: TRIP WINNING

1 - Any Tamiya M05 & MO6 chassis car.
2 - Tamiya Hop-Ups allowed, no chassis lightening allowed
3 - Tamiya Silver can 540J motor. (Item 53689).
4 - Spec Battery rules apply
5 - Tamiya rubber tires, inserts, and wheels only
6 - Stuffing tires with inserts to create a "ballooned" tire, and producing overdrive is not legal. Tire diameter limit will be limited to 60mm
7 - It is legal to use the maximum pinion gear size on all front-drive and rear drive Mini cars. I.E. 20-tooth on the M05 and 21-tooth on the M06. M06 is a 19T pinion.
8 - Any Tamiya plastic or aluminium hop-up damper may be used
9 - Batteries may be taped in, in lieu of using the supplied battery holder
10 - Any Tamiya M-Chassis bodies may be used, no matter what drive there real life counter parts are. Bodies must be the 60D tires size though

Formula One: TRIP WINNING

1 - Tamiya F104 chassis only
2 - Tamiya Silver can 540J motor. (Item 53689)
3 - Tamiya Rubber Tires only
4 - Driver Helmut must be installed
5 - No extra aero aids, this includes adding or enlarging wings/winglets
6 - Air intakes can be cut out to bring airflow. (Example the air intake above driver’s head)
7 - Spec Battery rules apply
8 - Modifying or lightening chassis and or suspension parts is not allowed. (i.e. geometry)
9 - Tamiya Hop-ups only

MINIMUM RACE REQUIREMENTS

Borgfeldt (Canada) Ltd. reserves the right to withhold any prizes (including all expense trip to North American Finals) if minimum entry is not met at the Canadian National Championship.

Formula 1 Minimum: 12 cars competing at Canadian National Championship on race-day
Mini Sports Minimum: 20 cars competing Canadian National Championship on race-day
GT2 Touring Minimum: 16 cars competing Canadian National Championship on race-day
Old 11-30-2011, 10:59 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Alright, I was off on the FF-03 thing, (My bad. Pulling all nighters.) but they need to fix that M-06 19/21t pinion thing. Eep!

Looking forward to seeing what's what with the US mini class, especially the GT.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.