Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 11-09-2011, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hi All,
I finally got those videos loaded for anyone who's interested. Youtube didn't want to play nice with my AVCHD files, so I had to do some lengthy transcoding. Anyway, here you go:

17.5 Blinky Round 1, Heat 3:
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

17.5 Blinky Round 2, Heat 3:
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

17.5 Blinky A-Main:
+ YouTube Video

Enjoy,
Jose
Old 11-10-2011, 08:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tron
It was great to see all the action at the Tamiya track. I loved it when Barry Baker got on the mic and announced that 13.5 heat!!!

I hope this happens more often, it was such an awesome day I am happy to have taken part in it.

Max: great job in 17.5, it was cool to see a Tamiya junkie kick some a$$ and TQ the class. By the way Tamiya was 2nd, 3rd and 4th in the 17.5 A main!
The 417 also tq'd in the Bmain qualifier Lol
Old 11-10-2011, 09:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey, Jose...did you record any of the 13.5 heats?

BTW - good job on Saturday. Your car was pretty dialed. You guys had a great race
Old 11-10-2011, 03:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DOTMAN
Hey, Jose...did you record any of the 13.5 heats?

BTW - good job on Saturday. Your car was pretty dialed. You guys had a great race

Sorry Oliver, but my camera man (Daniel) had to sleep between the heats due to partying too hard the night before!!!
Old 11-11-2011, 11:47 AM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello everyone,

The TCS 2012 rules are complete
Take note that not much has changed as I had said we would keep things as stable as possible, but I have made some tweaks based on feedback from the host sites, racer feedback, market trends, new releases and some shop owners who have good insight.
With that said we have a new TCS information page. However, I'm not going to launch it until I can get some much needed images from some of the TCS regional races.
If anyone has some decent images from the following locations I would be very appreciative. I need images from the "Coliseum" "RC Madness" "Harbor Hobbies" and "Hobbytown USA Memphis"
I need track, pit and store front images please. Just post them on this thread and I'll grab them from here. We are making a special section of the host sites to better inform out of town racers of the host hobby shops and tracks. The more images I have the better. Once I get these images I can launch the new site.
Tweaks to look for:
1. GT-1 is going to be a little more elite/faster...
2. All F-1 racers are going to be thrilled at the new motor rules tweak...
3. GT-3 is back, but it's meant for "true" intermediate skill levels...
4. Mini GT....
5. 1/12 scale....
6. GT-2 is for "sportsman" racers....

As soon as everyone can help me out with images the sooner I can launch the site.

Thanks to everyone and I can't wait till 2012

FM
Old 11-11-2011, 02:09 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks For The Update. Now back to building my M06.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:40 PM
Tech Adept

Default Rules and Rulers

Well, I never felt like much of an elitist, but that GT1 teaser sounds pretty good. Anyone selling the 417x for the "good guy" discount?

EB R
Old 11-11-2011, 10:30 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

This is pretty cool news. I've been hearing rumblings about a Mini GT class for a few years now and I'm very interested too see what it looks like. At one point, Tamiya Canada had a blank spot in the TCS rules for it and I think Tamiya USA may have had one as well.

If this is the long awaited birth of "official" BL mini, it will be interesting to watch!

Jim
Old 11-12-2011, 01:57 PM
Tech Adept

Default Speedtech race

Did anyone get video of the start of the FF03 A main? Would be very interesting, to me at least...
Old 11-12-2011, 10:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by FMW
Hello everyone,

The TCS 2012 rules are complete
Tweaks to look for:
1. GT-1 is going to be a little more elite/faster...
2. All F-1 racers are going to be thrilled at the new motor rules tweak...
3. GT-3 is back, but it's meant for "true" intermediate skill levels...
4. Mini GT....
5. 1/12 scale....
6. GT-2 is for "sportsman" racers....

FM
Interesting, surprised nobody is talking about these rules unless they are a smokescreen for rulesV2.

#1 sounds like they are going mod, like Canada has.
#2 probably BL, guessing 21.5
#3 don't understand, 99% can claim intermediate skill level, will the host tracks really want to bother regulating this let alone can they? just keep the RPM rules, weight, battery checks and let the racing take care of itself. how do you test for intermediate skill level anyways?
#4 mini GT could this be BL?
#5 no idea, new car?
#6 isn't this an oxymoron or paradox? I thought all TCS racers were supposed to be "sportsman" racers? it almost sounds a level below GT3 which is listed as intermediate.

What happened to the FF class? in thinking seemed this is just a list of potential changes.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Different areas use different nomenclature, but in this case:

Rookie<Intermediate<Sportsman<Expert

=

Spec<GT3<GT2<GT1
Old 11-13-2011, 11:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FMW
If anyone has some decent images from the following locations I would be very appreciative..... "Harbor Hobbies"......

I need track, pit and store front images please. Just post them on this thread and I'll grab them from here.

FM

Old 11-13-2011, 11:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Harbor Hobbies looks like a cool track. make me want to think road trip in 2012.

Alan, Kelvin ? Bueller ?
Old 11-13-2011, 11:39 AM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

It's a very good track and Eric knows how to run a race. I've always enjoyed racing there.
Old 11-13-2011, 11:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gcooper
Interesting, surprised nobody is talking about these rules unless they are a smokescreen for rulesV2.

#1 sounds like they are going mod, like Canada has.
#2 probably BL, guessing 21.5
#3 don't understand, 99% can claim intermediate skill level, will the host tracks really want to bother regulating this let alone can they? just keep the RPM rules, weight, battery checks and let the racing take care of itself. how do you test for intermediate skill level anyways?
#4 mini GT could this be BL?
#5 no idea, new car?
#6 isn't this an oxymoron or paradox? I thought all TCS racers were supposed to be "sportsman" racers? it almost sounds a level below GT3 which is listed as intermediate.

What happened to the FF class? in thinking seemed this is just a list of potential changes.
FF class is still in for 2012, probably no changes.

1/12 is the "re-released" but with changes Tamiya 1/12 pan car. The 1980's version was the "RM" for Racing Master, this will be the RM-01. Already listed on the Japan website and shown at the Japan Hobby show. Will be a blast on any carpet track and still lots of fun on asphalt.

GT-1: faster than 17.5 GT-2 class but not open mod.

True, 99% can claim intermediate status of which 75% + of those could also claim sand bagger status. GT-3 is supposed to be a stepping stone class for newer drivers out of rookie, new people who want to start racing but with a TA05, TA06 or TB-03 and not buy a TT01 and sell within 6 months to upgrade or those people within their first year honing their skills. A place they can run without getting lapped five times in a five minute race. Someone racing for 5+ years who wants to keep racing the same 'ol thing year after year, does not have the skills to win in an A at their local track because they do not want to invest the time and money in practice and testing but still want to win that car kit and trophy, that is called sand bagging. I think everyone running at the local track pretty much knows who the lower skill drivers are, who runs sportsman and who runs the local expert class. I have been in the A for the sedan trip class at Nationals the last 4 years. I know I am not an "intermediate" driver and I applaud Fred for making GT-3 that stepping stone class to better develop racers for the faster sedan classes. The only issue will be those people that have no pride and put winning a car kit or trophy higher than trying to improve to be better in a class they should run. Will obvious sportsman drivers try to show up with the "I only have a silver can, you mean you won't let me race" sob story. Probably. Hopefully, the rest of us racers will be enough peer pressure on these type of people who will try to cherry pick to satisfy their ego's of winning.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.