Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 11-02-2011, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maxepower
Way to go Orlando and Kevin! You're in first and second so you missed all the carnage or did you? That split second when you thought you were free and clear the one car that got airborne flew over all the cars and hit yours and now you've both gone from first to last!
this happens with wings in the GT classes all the time... the fastest, most planted car with the biggest wing know to man can go from first to worst if taken out as well.. adding a wing doesnt prevent this, in a way it promotes it.

we can 'rub doors' in ff03 without wings and have done so.. taking eachother out is another story entirely..

the appeal to FWD class for me is the scale appearance of the cars and the challenge to set them up to perform well (mechanical grip, not aero grip)
Old 11-02-2011, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Granpa

Out of curiosity, how many different motors and esc's is the average TCS racer purchased????? How many motors and esc's have they "fried" or turned into junk?????
honestly, i have two GTB2's. Fried my SpeedPassion Citrix one day at WestCoast RC trying to chase down the fast guys, hence the second GTB2. In all fairness to the SpeedPassion, if you push anything hard enough it will pop.. i chose another GTB2 because you caan dial the brakes in and out and a few other minor adjustments (i.e. throttle band, deadband, brakeband).. Citrix is a 'what you have is what you get' speedo.. all you can do is set the speedo to the radio...

about to convert my old 17.5 Ballistic to 21.5 for FF03 duties..
Old 11-02-2011, 08:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OSherman
Citrix is a 'what you have is what you get' speedo.. all you can do is set the speedo to the radio...
You need the box to adjust brakes , drag brakes, etc.

http://www.speedpassion.net/us/produ...PESCPB01&c=OPT
Old 11-02-2011, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by robk
You need the box to adjust brakes , drag brakes, etc.

http://www.speedpassion.net/us/produ...PESCPB01&c=OPT

yes, i am aware... couldnt find one locally at the time..
Old 11-02-2011, 09:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation GO BRUSHLESS GRANDPA!

Originally Posted by Granpa
That's right and you could avoid all the BL complexities. Just trying to find a 17.5 system to install in a Mini has been difficult. Unlike some people, I operate on a fairly limited budget and don't want to buy several different systems.

Out of curiosity, how many different motors and esc's is the average TCS racer purchased????? How many motors and esc's have they "fried" or turned into junk?????
Grandpa,
You can get an "Edge" ESC from Novak for $75 with an Novak product trade in . Very good esc easy to set-up and fits in a mini nicely.
Heck, if you buy that I'll give you a 17.5.
How is that!
I've fried more brushed escs and brushed motors than brushless. FYI
Old 11-02-2011, 09:45 AM
Tech Master

Exclamation wings, wings, and more wings, any sauce to go with that?

this happens with wings in the GT classes all the time... the fastest, most planted car with the biggest wing know to man can go from first to worst if taken out as well.. adding a wing doesnt prevent this, in a way it promotes it.

we can 'rub doors' in ff03 without wings and have done so.. taking eachother out is another story entirely..

the appeal to FWD class for me is the scale appearance of the cars and the challenge to set them up to perform well (mechanical grip, not aero grip)
Close racing or door to door racing is fun and challenging it goes on every week at the track that is what it's all about , no one (except dirty driving) purposely intends to take someone out but when your that close there will be banging fenders and doors, WINGS just allows this to go on with the more downforce in the back wing, more stable. If all you have is no or very little wing a slight tap sends you spinning and all the cars around you! Wings does not promote dirty driving the poor character behind the wheel does!!

We all would like to be as good a driver as you but you have the skills to be right next to somebody without taking them out. I know there a fine line between racing and overly aggressive driving which is a whole other issue but most of us at Tamiya are good people and we watch out for each other on and off the track, so lets say hipotheticly speaking if I get taken out by OHHHHHH! Grandpa, I know it's not intentional. He does race a little aggresively, if I have a wing and Grandpa bumps me I stand a better chance of keeping the car under control! That's the whole point and this is my opinion, my Montra, my continued lobbying for wings and I'm going to keep on preaching to the choir even if nobody listens I will be the first on the soap box professing OPTION WINGS!
Nuff said!
Just my 2$
Old 11-02-2011, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by maxepower

... I know there a fine line between racing and overly aggressive driving which is a whole other issue but most of us at Tamiya are good people and we watch out for each other on and off the track, so lets say hipotheticly speaking if I get taken out by OHHHHHH! Grandpa, I know it's not intentional. He does race a little aggresively, if I have a wing and Grandpa bumps me I stand a better chance of keeping the car under control! That's the whole point and this is my opinion, my Montra, my continued lobbying for wings and I'm going to keep on preaching to the choir even if nobody listens I will be the first on the soap box professing OPTION WINGS!
Nuff said!
Just my 2$
Fair argument, it does allow for a 'cushion'.. stil not a fan.. adding more weight (ballast) to the rear of your car does the same thing..
Old 11-02-2011, 04:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default a few mini spots opened up

Sorry to interrupt the discussion, but just wanted to throw out there for this weekend's race. A few spots for mini have opened up. PM me IMMEDIATELY if you would like a spot. First come, first served!
Old 11-02-2011, 04:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by stitchy
Sorry to interrupt the discussion, but just wanted to throw out there for this weekend's race. A few spots for mini have opened up. PM me IMMEDIATELY if you would like a spot. First come, first served!

You have PM!!!
Old 11-02-2011, 04:43 PM
Tech Elite

got it.

ONE spot left...
Old 11-02-2011, 05:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Still in line waitin for an F1 spot.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:08 PM
Tech Adept

Default Mod

Kevin,
GT1 should be Mod! Tamiya makes several competitive models that can handle the power, and us "club racers" love to watch the really good guys show their magic! Absolutely!!
Just watch this Saturday...
Old 11-02-2011, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

Default Upcoming TCS rules

some of you guys are gonna be very happy
Old 11-02-2011, 08:30 PM
Tech Master

Exclamation Optionwing weight handicap!

Fair argument, it does allow for a 'cushion'.. stil not a fan.. adding more weight (ballast) to the rear of your car does the same thing..
Orlando,
hey you just gave me a great idea! How about running both. Let me explain, if you run the stock or no wing then your good but if you want to run the option wing you have to add, lets say 40-50 grams of weight to make it more equal. That is a lot of weight and if you really want to run a wing you will have a handicap of running more weight then the rest of the FF03 not using the option wing. We just have to figure out what is a reasonable amount of weight. What do you think?
Just my 2$
Old 11-02-2011, 08:36 PM
Tech Master

Orlando ,
You got PM

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.