Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree833Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 09-06-2011, 04:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Indeed... Brandon and Brumbly, show them what you two can do.. Cause you do it oh-so-well..

Old 09-07-2011, 08:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default re

Regarding the grumblings about the GT-2 A2 finish, I feel like I must put my 2 cents in because I too was NOT there..

First off, the "other" guys name is J.B(short for John Ben), at least have some respect and call him by his name.

Secondly, I know for a fact that if roles were reveresed and Orlando was up on the chopping block, so to speak, this entire thread would be shorter by 2-3 pages. It would not have even been mentioned unless one of us who were NOT there made others aware there was even an questionable "incident" to begin with. But funny enough, here we are, 4 pages later discussing something that happened a week ago.

Anyone who truly understands racing, whether it be 1:10 or 1:1 scale, know this was strictly a racing deal. Take a break form the keyboard and move on.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

WOW!!..
with my bad luck i probably woulda got 'called for it'.. good thing i now know whats 'allowed'

it was fun racing against you in 2004..

Last edited by OSherman; 09-07-2011 at 09:37 AM.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:59 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TRFwhitey
Regarding the grumblings about the GT-2 A2 finish, I feel like I must put my 2 cents in because I too was NOT there..

First off, the "other" guys name is J.B(short for John Ben), at least have some respect and call him by his name.

Secondly, I know for a fact that if roles were reveresed and Orlando was up on the chopping block, so to speak, this entire thread would be shorter by 2-3 pages. It would not have even been mentioned unless one of us who were NOT there made others aware there was even an questionable "incident" to begin with. But funny enough, here we are, 4 pages later discussing something that happened a week ago.

Anyone who truly understands racing, whether it be 1:10 or 1:1 scale, know this was strictly a racing deal. Take a break form the keyboard and move on.
First off I don't know either driver. Second off I was speaking my opinion and not being openly critical. Lastly if it was a clean passing attempt then why didn't he put it on three laps earlier? It is my opinion that when he rounded that final turn he went for it but didn't make it. If he had it would have been an incredible pass. It's my opinion again that he couldn't carry the speed to pull it off unless he drove the other car out to the wall. Finally I stated that I would hope that in the heat of the moment I would have the adrenal control to stay off the throttle until we were both marshaled. It was strictly a racing deal and like most racers will tell you a rough finish will cause controversy and discussion. That's part of the game too.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Sweet, you just got us another page by voicing yet another unsolicited opinion.
At least I was there. Right on top of it actually.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Doc, grandpa, and other nice comments. Thank you ! I indeed hope to do well in japan and feel that with the help of all past champs, motor guys, carpet dudes, & etc. I stand a good chance to place well. GT2 race .......... Its history so lets discuss more important matters at hand. Japan strip clubs? I need addresses, cover charge, rules, costs, etc. Doc look forward to an email soon to talk motor tips. Thanks again to Tamiya for another great season and all there support.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Cool

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
MONEY! CUDA!

Last edited by maxepower; 09-07-2011 at 06:48 PM.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:46 PM
Tech Master

Cool IIC track = Japan track ?

Originally Posted by SirSwiftAlot
Doc, grandpa, and other nice comments. Thank you ! I indeed hope to do well in japan and feel that with the help of all past champs, motor guys, carpet dudes, & etc. I stand a good chance to place well. GT2 race .......... Its history so lets discuss more important matters at hand. Japan strip clubs? I need addresses, cover charge, rules, costs, etc. Doc look forward to an email soon to talk motor tips. Thanks again to Tamiya for another great season and all there support.
Brandon,
I was thinking what would be the best place to practice for Japan, the only track that would be close would be the IIC in Vegas. Reason being the carpet they use is brand new, like Japan, traction goes up and your set-up will change too, like Japan, but alas no mini class in Vegas!
Oh well, maybe you can ask Scottie if you can go there to just practice your mini, I wonder what he would say?
Just my 2$
Old 09-07-2011, 06:49 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Not to stir the pot or anything, but we didn't realize we needed your permission.

There are down sides to the first amendment (or Canadian CRF). You've got to take the bad with the good. Just my unsolicited opinion.

Jim
Old 09-07-2011, 07:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by monkeyracing
Not to stir the pot or anything, but we didn't realize we needed your permission.

There are down sides to the first amendment (or Canadian CRF). You've got to take the bad with the good. Just my unsolicited opinion.

Jim
I think you just did.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:08 PM
Tech Champion

Wow.
The Great White North getting no love in here

Old 09-07-2011, 08:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default re

Im glad you caught the sarcasm...

Goodluck to all the winners headed to Japan.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:11 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
Good info from a Past Chump !

When are you bringing your 12th scale back to TQ Gordo ?
After i become 1/8th world champion(so about a year) LoL
Old 09-07-2011, 10:48 PM
Tech Champion

Im glad you caught the sarcasm...

Goodluck to all the winners headed to Japan.
Sarcasm, that's exactly what I was thinking, all of our opinions have been unsolicited and then there was just one more while at the same time attempting to put it to bed. (more sarcasm by the way).
It was a racing deal, some say bad deal, some say not.
Didn't have to be there.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:59 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

There is a desperate need for a punctuation mark denoting sarcasm. It would likely make internet forums more pleasant.

My bad.

jim

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.