Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree828Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 09-02-2011, 11:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F N CUDA

Not sure why O's car didn't move after being righted tho. Notice my arms up in the air after noticing it stalled.

All at the same time, the cars slid up to my feet, I jump them both, O's car goes to mid track and the "other" guy's is at my feet. I reach down and grab said car while looking towards O's car being picked up by red shirt dude. "Other" car drives across the line and O's car sits dead in the water and my arms go up in confusion.
Again, all at the same time, O leans forward to watch the crash, see's result then turns away and is clearly pissed.

yup.. that about sums it up...
Old 09-02-2011, 11:16 AM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JasonC
Indeed.

Fred: when can we expect to see the rules for 2012
Soon Jason.

Keep in mind that there will not be any huge changes to the 2012 rules. The only things to expect are:
1. Clarifications to the existing rules. Meaning: addressing issues that came up during 2011.
2. New classes or adjustments to the class structure to accomodate new and exciting product releases that are coming in November

FM
Old 09-02-2011, 11:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TAMIYACDN
Big thanks to Tamiya America for hosting an excellent event! Not to mention keeping the series going as many of the countries around the world have dropped it.

I have been bringing down the Canadian TCS Winners since 1998 and this year like in years past was run so well. It was great to see Robert from KO out, SpeedTech, and the Iracing was super cool! I know its a lot of work and time, thank you for all you efforts!

Congrates to Brandon, Austin, John, and Rod in FF03!

I notice a lot of talk about the GT2 A2 on here, but little about the F1 and Mini. Thats to bad cause Brandon made some slick passes all day and Austin's pink F1 was on rails!!! Not to mention there were 3 MAINS in each class! Thats why there are triple A's and not singles! You can come back from a bad round!

Again thanks for an enjoyable weekend!

Tom
I totally forgot to mention Robert from KO, he got me going for the last round of qualifying after my radio unpaired itself, and then did a firmware update for me before the main. Thanks again Robert, that kind of support is why I continue to run KO products
Old 09-02-2011, 12:16 PM
CL
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Fred: How about having more fun races at the Tamiya USA track? We don't care about the prizes. We just like racing at the Tamiya track of course with the relax tires rules.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

Originally Posted by OSherman
its not about 'Finishing it up in A3' yadda yadda...

its about a clear foul that went without infraction... even with the existing result in A3 (my 3rd finish), had the infraction been enforced the results (points) may have been different.

like some have said, thats part of why we have three rounds...
I feel for you Orlando....

I know...I was t boned in A1 while in 3rd on the first 180 degree turn and no foul was called. The meeting with Fred and Dave, clearly stated he would protect the top 3 for the first turn and 180 and nothing was done...I was furious at the time. I talked to Dave and he said he was not watching the top 3....WOW !!!

I know the frustration you feel as I was next to you on the stand rooting you on and I feel bad....you should of won.

There is next year...another dollar .....hopefully the rules stay the same, I like the motor impound and tech.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

New angle, nice.

Hey Max, don't think you coulda got em both at the same time.

I even thought they were a bit closer, guess not.

Orlando almost got the slide for the win, so close.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flbVE...eature=related
Old 09-02-2011, 01:05 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
A big thank you to Tamiya America and Fred Medel for another great TCS Nationals. Great battles in a lot of classes with two of the three trip classes going to A3 to determine the winner.

Thanks to my brother Mr. Postman for all your help in the pits and on the track so I could enjoy running FF03 class along with Gt-2.

Congrats Henry for your GT-1 win. An awesome battle against Andrew, along with all the other class champions. Good luck and have fun for those three going to Japan this year.
Well, with running back-to-back 8 minute Triple-A mains, I figured that you could use a little breather. Just trying to help a brother out (with the countless hours that YOU have spent on working on my r/c cars).

I know the focus was on the front-runners (understandable so), but congrats on your 4th place finish in GT-2 and 2nd in FWD!
Old 09-02-2011, 01:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Just saw the video, Orlando was robbed!
Old 09-02-2011, 01:29 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Watched it frame by frame from both angles: There were errors on both their parts and the marshal did the best he could. Move on, people. You can debate it until the end of time, but it's not going to change anything.

Now, does any decent video of the Mini A mains exist? The stuff on ustream is weak. I want to see Brandon working his magic in HD.

Jim
Old 09-02-2011, 01:46 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by lbckevin
I feel for you Orlando....

I know...I was t boned in A1 while in 3rd on the first 180 degree turn and no foul was called. The meeting with Fred and Dave, clearly stated he would protect the top 3 for the first turn and 180 and nothing was done...I was furious at the time. I talked to Dave and he said he was not watching the top 3....WOW !!!

I know the frustration you feel as I was next to you on the stand rooting you on and I feel bad....you should of won.

There is next year...another dollar .....hopefully the rules stay the same, I like the motor impound and tech.
Kevin, I think you have a few things mixed up. Fred and I did say we would do our best to protect the front runners to the best of our ability, especially during the start going in the first turn. Your incident happened on the third lap. At this time, I was watching the battle for the lead which was taking place a turn or so ahead of you. I did hear the contact between you and another driver but did not see it. I cannot make a call on something I didnít see.

Contrary to your expectation, I can only watch one battle at a time (two cars, maybe three if they're all close enough). I did ask Fred if he saw it but unfortunately, he didnít either. Iím quite positive that there were quite a few altercations that I missed because of this lack of ability on my part. This is what I explained to you Sunday. I appreciate your feedback and I will try harder next time.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

I understand Dave...Thanks for talking with me at the race.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:13 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello everyone,

Thank you once again for supporting Tamiya and the Tamiya R/C Championship Racing Series. Itís been 17 years and Iím grateful to be its care taker during my tenure at Tamiya. Tamiya America truly appreciates your business and your devotion to the brand.

I would also like to thank all the local volunteers that keep the track well groomed for the Saturday open practice days and events. Without their support the track would not be the same. Thanks to the Tamiya TRF (Brian, Bill and Jimmy) team for volunteering their time to make the event run smoothly. David B. A.K.A Redbullfix. Thanks for all the input. Also, the guys at TrackStarRC (Jeff, Chris, Pres and Jimmy) made this yearsí tech a much needed comic relief event. I owe those guys some Tamiya shirts if they want to help out next year =)

Lastly, congratulations to all the winners in all the classes. Calling the races was fun as usual. There was truly some exiting racing witnessed this year. Next year we hope to add some more attractions and fanfare for you to enjoy.

Thank you everyone. =)

Old 09-02-2011, 02:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCGaryK
2001 F1 A3 anyone?
I think I just won $5....
Old 09-02-2011, 02:30 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by lbckevin
I understand Dave...Thanks for talking with me at the race.
No problem Kevin, it was good having you out there.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

A big thanks to you Fred for providing us with a place to run our cars. Without you the track would have closed when Tamiya decided to move out of its Aliso Viejo home. I am so grateful to have Tamiya USA only a few miles from my house, I just wish I knew about it sooner.

Steve Brooks

Originally Posted by FMW
Hello everyone,

Thank you once again for supporting Tamiya and the Tamiya R/C Championship Racing Series. Itís been 17 years and Iím grateful to be its care taker during my tenure at Tamiya. Tamiya America truly appreciates your business and your devotion to the brand.

I would also like to thank all the local volunteers that keep the track well groomed for the Saturday open practice days and events. Without their support the track would not be the same. Thanks to the Tamiya TRF (Brian, Bill and Jimmy) team for volunteering their time to make the event run smoothly. David B. A.K.A Redbullfix. Thanks for all the input. Also, the guys at TrackStarRC (Jeff, Chris, Pres and Jimmy) made this yearsí tech a much needed comic relief event. I owe those guys some Tamiya shirts if they want to help out next year =)

Lastly, congratulations to all the winners in all the classes. Calling the races was fun as usual. There was truly some exiting racing witnessed this year. Next year we hope to add some more attractions and fanfare for you to enjoy.

Thank you everyone. =)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.