Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 09-01-2011, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Marshals were at no fault whatsoever.. the name of the game is racing, not lid skids

dirty driving is to blame.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Woulda been cool to get em both at the same time but woulda had to hold on to one of em.

Rule #1. "Marshall as if it was your car"

Odude, really feel your pain, been runner up for the trip my own bad self but no circumstances causing feelings of "dirty south" were involved, I was just out driven by that much. Losing a tie is a bitch.

Actually won a tie this year for 4th in F1 tho.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I tend to look at it this way Orlando. YOU made the mistake by leaving the door open on the inside. If you were protecting your line he would not have got the run inside. Anytime you allow a person to pass you inside usually it is a bad thing or done deal, unless you are letting them go being they are faster.

I did not watch the race but had my share of "not protecting the inside line" consequences.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by A-Ko
.... Anytime you allow a person to pass you inside usually it is a bad thing or done deal, unless you are letting them go being they are faster.

im sure there is a post here where i stated my plan was to come in a close second for points cause he clearly had more motor.. but i wasnt going to pull over and stop for him..

my whole point is that he didnt pass cleanly even when given room and had ample motor to do so..
Old 09-01-2011, 01:46 PM
Tech Champion

He already said he was willing to accept the #2 spot after the pass and take the points.
Had he tried to close the door there it would have been ugly and on his shoulders. Instead he surrendered the position then it got ugly elsewhere.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:17 PM
Tech Addict

Sounds like we need a class for Stadium trucks.

Good old Mickey Thompson Off Road Racing style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3FhG...eature=related

Imagine jumping the dog leg with this truck fun-fun-fun

Old 09-01-2011, 04:32 PM
Tech Champion

Already got em Gdude but they're called Short Course trucks now and it's the funnest class on the planet.

Where's Tamiya's Short Course truck?

They do work on asphalt too, kinda like a Supermoto class. Ask Charlie B.

Here's mine at the 2 minute mark, green and purple dicin it out with your very own Jimmy Wright in the yellow truck last year.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Rob2thec#p/u/16/IFYDIbOrsO8
Old 09-01-2011, 10:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OSherman
im sure there is a post here where i stated my plan was to come in a close second for points cause he clearly had more motor.. but i wasnt going to pull over and stop for him..

my whole point is that he didnt pass cleanly even when given room and had ample motor to do so..
Unfortunately 360 days seems like a long time for another shot at it, which you seem to be poised to do well/win.

Not a fan of IFMAR starts. Racing against the clock is different compared to racing against people. Have noticed at previous Nats the heads-up mains seems to rattle people after being lulled to sleep with IFMAR and it does effect racing in the mains.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:07 AM
Tech Rookie

Big thanks to Tamiya America for hosting an excellent event! Not to mention keeping the series going as many of the countries around the world have dropped it.

I have been bringing down the Canadian TCS Winners since 1998 and this year like in years past was run so well. It was great to see Robert from KO out, SpeedTech, and the Iracing was super cool! I know its a lot of work and time, thank you for all you efforts!

Congrates to Brandon, Austin, John, and Rod in FF03!

I notice a lot of talk about the GT2 A2 on here, but little about the F1 and Mini. Thats to bad cause Brandon made some slick passes all day and Austin's pink F1 was on rails!!! Not to mention there were 3 MAINS in each class! Thats why there are triple A's and not singles! You can come back from a bad round!

Again thanks for an enjoyable weekend!

Tom
Old 09-02-2011, 08:23 AM
Tech Adept

'Cuda, I'm sure glad I wasn't standing in your shoes, because I'd probably have picked door 3 and really looked like a bozo...
Old 09-02-2011, 08:39 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by OSherman
my whole point is that he didnt pass cleanly
2001 F1 A3 anyone? This stuff happens man, especially with a prize like the Trip to Japan on the line. At least he didn't cut the track after the contact. Just sayin'. Trust me I don't think anyone can understand how you feel like I do. It sucks and if you let it this will eat you up. Again, voice of experience here...

Not to be a jag here but it looks like this all happened in A2. There was still A3 to get things done. Yes, I know you were right there and close to sealing the deal in 2 but you did get the 3rd main to try to wrap things up too.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation Turn marshall'in is not for faint of heart!

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
Hey, I'm right here ok.

I turned the car over that was literally on my feet, it hadn't even stopped yet. Yeh, I'm that good.
If I had my choice though I would've preferred to have done Orlando a solid but as it turned out he was further away and they both looked the same while tits up anyway.
Cuda,
hind sight is 20/20 and so is arm chair racing. I was right next to Fred when all this happened. It just killed me to see you pick up the other car first and everything happened so fast I might have done the same thing!
As a marshall you have to make split decision on what and how your going to rescue a car in need and I don't envy you one bit to have to make that choice.
I too have had my share of mishapes, some good and some not so good! All I can say is you did the best you could under the circumstances and nobody including me will and should say otherwise.
Dude, you can flip my car anytime. I trust your judgement and the fact that you were right there to act quickly is a cudo's to you Cuda!
I can't tell you how many times I flipped my car and the turn marshall is talking or not paying attention to what's going on and my car just sits there!
We can look back and come up with all kinds of scinarios but "if it was me", I would have pick up both cars and layed them down at the same time!
Just my 2$
Old 09-02-2011, 09:30 AM
Tech Elite

its not about 'Finishing it up in A3' yadda yadda...

its about a clear foul that went without infraction... even with the existing result in A3 (my 3rd finish), had the infraction been enforced the results (points) may have been different.

like some have said, thats part of why we have three rounds...
Old 09-02-2011, 10:34 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maxepower
Cuda,

We can look back and come up with all kinds of scinarios but "if it was me", I would have pick up both cars and layed them down at the same time!
Just my 2$
I guess there should be some sort of a "marshalling" rule in the future that when 2 leading cars crash, because of intense competition for no. 1 spot, pick up both cars and put them back on at the same time. Currently whether it is foul or not, the car nearest the marshall, by instinct will be flipped over first and have the advantage. We can call it the "maxepower marshalling manuever" or triple-m .

Is the track going to be open on Monday? I would like to practice for next year's TCS.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:03 AM
Tech Champion

I did have the urge to grab both but O was out of my reach, also, the guy in the red shirt, Red Dot Doc?, got his grips on him at that time anyway.

Not sure why O's car didn't move after being righted tho. Notice my arms up in the air after noticing it stalled.

Lots to be seen in the video, can't wait for the slo mo version.

All at the same time, the cars slid up to my feet, I jump them both, O's car goes to mid track and the "other" guy's is at my feet. I reach down and grab said car while looking towards O's car being picked up by red shirt dude. "Other" car drives across the line and O's car sits dead in the water and my arms go up in confusion.
Again, all at the same time, O leans forward to watch the crash, see's result then turns away and is clearly pissed.

Now, showed this video to a friend who has no involvement in RC.

Watched it several times for a ruling from a non biased point of view.

He said that "The car on the left turned into the car on the right twice, right?"
He can be reached at 555) 333-8888

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.