Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 08-31-2011, 06:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

How about that mini a mains? Great time this weekend. Thanks to devon for the rent a ride and robert w/ ko propo for letting me use his personal controller. As mine was stolen. Congrats to austin and canada dude. See ya guys in november.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:07 PM
Tech Adept

Default TCS congrats

Once again it's time for a big pat on the back to Fred and the whole Tamiya crew for a great weekend. Catered no less! It was hot, exhausting, frustrating, and throughly enjoyable. Can't wait for next year...the show just keeps getting better.
Never have I enjoyed being out-paced more than by my looong-time friend Chuck Leslie, and I almost missed a race rooting Andrew on to his 2nd in GT1.
The winners were all superb, especially those top 3 in GT2. What incredible racing... inevitable there would be some contact when racing so close. O is a strong guy, he will recover and hopefully return for some more abuse.
Mandy and I return to Austria on Monday for a couple of months. The "Cleaning Crew", Passels, and all you other idiots will be sorely missed. You are the bestest buddies a guy could have!
Old 08-31-2011, 03:52 PM
Tech Adept

gotta love those minis!... especially when you tear them apart.....
Old 08-31-2011, 04:13 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SirSwiftAlot
How about that mini a mains? Great time this weekend. Thanks to devon for the rent a ride and robert w/ ko propo for letting me use his personal controller. As mine was stolen. Congrats to austin and canada dude. See ya guys in november.
Just out of curiosity, was it stolen at the track, or elsewhere? One way or the other, it just plain sucks. Very sorry to hear it.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation Incidental incident!?

Originally Posted by OSherman
Another way to look at it..

With me swinging wide and giving room knowing he had 'motor' on his side, added to that the 'good tight run' out of the corner he had, there shouldnt have been any contact..

The veer to the left was not in fact a veer. It was an avoidance initiated by myself as not to be pushed into the curbing (initial reason for contact) that i was being pushed toward.

The left-veer looked as such cause the entire incident was actually two pushes to the right..

..just saying..
Orlando,
I don't mean to beat a dead horse but, after both of you were upside down on your collective lids inches from the finish line didn't the turn marshal deteremined the trip to Japan by picking up the other guys car first before yours, and that's what decided who won or lost the race? Or am I loosing my mind?
Old 08-31-2011, 07:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by maxepower
Orlando,
I don't mean to beat a dead horse but, after both of you were upside down on your collective lids inches from the finish line didn't the turn marshal deteremined the trip to Japan by picking up the other guys car first before yours, and that's what decided who won or lost the race? Or am I loosing my mind?
dont blame the turn marshall.....
Both cars lost control and needed a marshall When two cars are going for position thats racing.....one racer loses.....shrug it off and try to do better next time.
I was a spectator at this race and whether its because the stakes were so high (trip to Japan) I did nt see much courtesy out there by any of the back markers(all the races)....All the winners worked for there wins....
Old 08-31-2011, 07:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Bermbuster
dont blame the turn marshall.....
Both cars lost control and needed a marshall When two cars are going for position thats racing.....one racer loses.....shrug it off and try to do better next time.
I was a spectator at this race and whether its because the stakes were so high (trip to Japan) I did nt see much courtesy out there by any of the back markers(all the races)....All the winners worked for there wins....
"Lost Control"
Old 08-31-2011, 07:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default corner marshal etiquette

hypothetical question:

If two cars were to be approaching the start finish line at the end of a race and were to experience some mishap that resulted in the two cars both landing upside down at the stretch of track that you were marshaling, you should
  1. turn over the one closest to the start/finish line first
  2. turn over the one closest to you first
  3. look towards the race director with a perplexed expression
  4. continue texting and let them both lay as they are
Old 08-31-2011, 07:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Hey, I'm right here ok.

I turned the car over that was literally on my feet, it hadn't even stopped yet. Yeh, I'm that good.
If I had my choice though I would've preferred to have done Orlando a solid but as it turned out he was further away and they both looked the same while tits up anyway.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 240Z
hypothetical question:

If two cars were to be approaching the start finish line at the end of a race and were to experience some mishap that resulted in the two cars both landing upside down at the stretch of track that you were marshaling, you should
  1. turn over the one closest to the start/finish line first
  2. turn over the one closest to you first
  3. look towards the race director with a perplexed expression
  4. continue texting and let them both lay as they are
look towards the race director with a perplexed expression
continue texting and let them both lay as they are
Old 08-31-2011, 09:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

for the record... i had full control of my car ALL weekend.. to the point where i could weave between 3 cars coming onto the straight with NO contact.. i wonder if that bit is on film..

i didnt lose control, i got nudged twice... thats my story and im sticking to it, cause thats what happened.. period.

judge made his call and thats what it is.

but this whole thing about slightly ahead and rubbing, if this car does that n this is good in theory.. there is a lot of physics going on there.. the slightest mistep can turn physics on its ear from the norm.

i always thought the basic rule was the car making the pass is supposed to do so without causing contact... not, getting slighty ahead and nudging the guy out.

..just saying..

Last edited by OSherman; 08-31-2011 at 09:56 PM.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by OSherman
for the record... i had full control of my car ALL weekend.. to the point where i could weave between 3 cars coming onto the straight with NO contact.. i wonder if that bit is on film..

i didnt lose control, i got nudged twice... thats my story and im sticking to it, cause thats what happened.. period.

judge made his call and thats what it is.

but this whole thing about slightly ahead and rubbing, if this car does that n this is good in theory.. there is a lot of physics going on there.. the slightest mistep can turn physics on its ear from the norm.

i always thought the basic rule was the car making the pass is supposed to do so without causing contact... not, getting slighty ahead and nudging the guy out.

..just saying..
your post says a lot.....you were driving awesome all weekend...passing...weaving.....
then a racer passes you....you dont want to be passed so you stay on it....
he is passing you and you dont back down...im assuming you couldnt speed up so you cant go anyplace ....thats when you lost control and ultimately lost the race.....
Good Hard racing doesnt get much better or worse than this....
Im sure both you guys knew this was it.......if i back off im coming in 2nd...
It was a race to the wire......Get em next year....
Old 08-31-2011, 11:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bermbuster
your post says a lot.....you were driving awesome all weekend...passing...weaving.....
then a racer passes you....you dont want to be passed so you stay on it....
he is passing you and you dont back down...im assuming you couldnt speed up so you cant go anyplace ....thats when you lost control and ultimately lost the race.....
Good Hard racing doesnt get much better or worse than this....
Im sure both you guys knew this was it.......if i back off im coming in 2nd...
It was a race to the wire......Get em next year....
he dove to the inside and once the nose of his car got ahead of mine proceede to push me wide... a pass means the entire car overtakes the other.. anything less is consider riding the other car out of the turn like it always has been. which has always been forbidden. my plan was actually to come in close second for the points cause he clearly had more motor.. THAT is what makes it so frustrating.. how wide do i need to go? PREVIOUS laps showed he could keep his car tight to the inside.. or at least in the middle of the lane..
Old 08-31-2011, 11:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Hi-Res Image

Fred and company,
Thanks for running a great show this past weekend! Congrats to all of the winners. Maybe I'll do better next year...I'm looking forward to next season. Let's hope that no one buys that property any time soon.

Can you post a high resolution image of the "group photo" on the Tamiya website? I'd like to keep a copy for posterity.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
Hey, I'm right here ok.

I turned the car over that was literally on my feet, it hadn't even stopped yet. Yeh, I'm that good.
If I had my choice though I would've preferred to have done Orlando a solid but as it turned out he was further away and they both looked the same while tits up anyway.
I would have done the same. It is just that I have no idea what would have been the right thing to do. I have not read the small print in "The rule book for marshals".

Bottom line is: The outcome of A2 was left up to a split second decision by third parties. The outcome of GT2 was determined by the results of all three races together.

Last edited by 240Z; 09-02-2011 at 10:43 AM. Reason: more than one "third party" made a decision

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.