Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree822Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 08-19-2011, 11:18 PM
Tech Regular

Default Usink good Englist

Originally Posted by rccardr
Actually, I believe the correct term is "Seated Entertainment Enhancement Professionals".
Actually there is a real name for all of Swifty's professional friends. They are known as terpsichoreal ecdysiasts. Look it up. And we should all be nice to them, as they have other such friends who might be nice to us back. And maybe even not charge for being nice.

So I signed up for GT1, men. I'd like to take roll now of everyone else who's running GT1, so sit up, and raise your hand and say "here", please. That's all. Not "yo", not "yes", not "yeah", not "yeah teach", and not "what?". Just say "here", please. I have already collected the Tolmasoffs' papers, so I know they're here already and that's three of us. Who else?
Old 08-20-2011, 02:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default tcs

Originally Posted by Tom Slick
Actually there is a real name for all of Swifty's professional friends. They are known as terpsichoreal ecdysiasts. Look it up. And we should all be nice to them, as they have other such friends who might be nice to us back. And maybe even not charge for being nice.

So I signed up for GT1, men. I'd like to take roll now of everyone else who's running GT1, so sit up, and raise your hand and say "here", please. That's all. Not "yo", not "yes", not "yeah", not "yeah teach", and not "what?". Just say "here", please. I have already collected the Tolmasoffs' papers, so I know they're here already and that's three of us. Who else?
i am running gt1
Old 08-20-2011, 10:25 PM
Tech Adept

Default FF03 settings

rodzilla,
We talked about so many settings today: shock angles, camber rod (roll center) height and camber gain, shock angles, springs, ect, ect. I'm not so comfortable offering you tuning suggestions, because you are the maestro, but one setting no one seems to question is the push rod length. Teacher Tommy was giving me a high school lesson in Archimedes (Doc, gimme a break on this one, I can't find my spell check button), so I tried something new: 13.5-14mm , instead of 12.5, really made a steering improvement. Next week I'll try varying the ball end spacing at the swivel, but I'm optimistic that some changes on these settings can help with the loose in, or loose off, and always wierd in the middle, problems we've been having...
Old 08-20-2011, 11:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Overheard conversation today at the Tamiya track from a certain person high up the Tamiya food chain regarding current Nationals sign ups. Classes in order of current registered drivers.

1.) FF03 (over 20)
2.) GT-1 (about 20)
3.) Mini
4.) GT-2 (about 15)
5.) F1
6.) Spec

So, FF03 and GT-1 are not even trip classes this year and are the top 2 and mini that had something like 38% attendance for the season and #1 overall is down in third ?

Something to ponder for 2012.......
Old 08-21-2011, 10:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Laguna Bozo
rodzilla,
We talked about so many settings today: shock angles, camber rod (roll center) height and camber gain, shock angles, springs, ect, ect. I'm not so comfortable offering you tuning suggestions, because you are the maestro, but one setting no one seems to question is the push rod length. Teacher Tommy was giving me a high school lesson in Archimedes (Doc, gimme a break on this one, I can't find my spell check button), so I tried something new: 13.5-14mm , instead of 12.5, really made a steering improvement. Next week I'll try varying the ball end spacing at the swivel, but I'm optimistic that some changes on these settings can help with the loose in, or loose off, and always wierd in the middle, problems we've been having...
Or we can just run option wings oops...not going to open that can of worms.

Did you re-adjust the ride height after lengthening the pushrods? Doesn't that only affect where the shock piston sits in the shock body?

In hindsight, I think I was tuning myself out yesterday by trying too many things in attempt to eek out a few more tenths. I reviewed lap times compared to last week and they are competive. It's just hard to drive

Also, my car is running carbon reinforced everything, so that may contribute to my issues. It may need a whole new setup
Old 08-21-2011, 12:57 PM
Tech Regular

Default Something I'm not qualified to teach

Originally Posted by Laguna Bozo
rodzilla,
Bozo, I'm just glad you know who Archimedes is. Otherwise I'd have just seemed like I was blowing smoke out my bunghole. Rod, I was telling B. about where one can put the spacers on the rocker arms, between the rocker and the ball stud, and what effect that has. We admittedly did not talk about the pushrod length, nor did I adjust that when I fussed with his car.
Also, Bozo, since MaxePower has declined, if you need to rent a running FF03 chassis, we can talk...
Old 08-21-2011, 05:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Otherwise I'd have just seemed like I was blowing smoke out my bunghole...

Wasn't it Archimedes who said" Give me enough smoke & a bunghole through which to blow it, and I shall move the world"?

Tom- some of us were actually raised on Monty Python, thereby somewhat extending our vocabulary:
Customer: I want to buy some cheese.
Owner: Oh, I thought you were complaining about the bazouki player!
Customer: Oh, heaven forbid: I am one who delights in all manifestations of the Terpsichorean muse!
Old 08-22-2011, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Last day to sign up for TCS TODAY!

FYI:

All entries must be received by Monday August 22, 2011
Walk-in entries the day of the event will not be permitted!
Old 08-22-2011, 10:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 240Z
FYI:

All entries must be received by Monday August 22, 2011
Walk-in entries the day of the event will not be permitted!
Thanks for the reminder Tim!

I registered but didn't buy the motor yet. Good to go now.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
Overheard conversation today at the Tamiya track from a certain person high up the Tamiya food chain regarding current Nationals sign ups. Classes in order of current registered drivers.

1.) FF03 (over 20)
2.) GT-1 (about 20)
3.) Mini
4.) GT-2 (about 15)
5.) F1
6.) Spec

So, FF03 and GT-1 are not even trip classes this year and are the top 2 and mini that had something like 38% attendance for the season and #1 overall is down in third ?

Something to ponder for 2012.......
Well, it's obvious that FF-03 is the only 2nd exhibition class you can run and the only class where you use your own motor, so I guess it's better then standing around waiting for your "ONE HEAT"!
Or? we all like our butts getting handed to us by Rod and Bruce!
As for GT-1, there was a rumor, something about 1st place prize being something very special! So, maybe word got out? Not real sure but next year, GT-1 I imagine is destined to be the trip to Japan Class!
Old 08-22-2011, 10:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maxepower
Well, it's obvious that FF-03 is the only 2nd exhibition class you can run and the only class where you use your own motor, so I guess it's better then standing around waiting for your "ONE HEAT"!
Or? we all like our butts getting handed to us by Rod and Bruce!
As for GT-1, there was a rumor, something about 1st place prize being something very special! So, maybe word got out? Not real sure but next year, GT-1 I imagine is destined to be the trip to Japan Class!
Hope to see GT-1 as a trip class again next year. Looked at some results from this year. Did not help that two of the East Coast races only had five entries and two entries in GT-1. That alone was probably the 1.3% that dropped it to fourth in entries and not a trip class this year.

For FF03... I am ready to get taken to school and learn some lessons at the Nats.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Paging Mr. Brandon...

Please contact us using the nearest Speedtech courtesy phone.

Your super secret order will be ready tomorrow.

Paging Mr. Brandon...

chili dog not included...
Old 08-22-2011, 11:25 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Gentlemen...I present the entries as of 8/22/11
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
EntryInfoTCS Finals 2011.pdf (22.9 KB, 178 views)
Old 08-22-2011, 11:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Chris Lim and Steve Wang...INTERESTING!!
Old 08-23-2011, 06:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stitchy
Chris Lim and Steve Wang...INTERESTING!!
Uh....sorry to disappoint you stitchy, but I think Fred might have posted last year's list....

Steve

p.s. I may come and watch though

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.