Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree822Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 08-19-2011, 11:18 PM
  #16006  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: In der Black Forest mit der elves
Posts: 273
Default Usink good Englist

Originally Posted by rccardr
Actually, I believe the correct term is "Seated Entertainment Enhancement Professionals".
Actually there is a real name for all of Swifty's professional friends. They are known as terpsichoreal ecdysiasts. Look it up. And we should all be nice to them, as they have other such friends who might be nice to us back. And maybe even not charge for being nice.

So I signed up for GT1, men. I'd like to take roll now of everyone else who's running GT1, so sit up, and raise your hand and say "here", please. That's all. Not "yo", not "yes", not "yeah", not "yeah teach", and not "what?". Just say "here", please. I have already collected the Tolmasoffs' papers, so I know they're here already and that's three of us. Who else?
Tom Slick is offline  
Old 08-20-2011, 02:56 PM
  #16007  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (42)
 
subaru73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Auburn
Posts: 907
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default tcs

Originally Posted by Tom Slick
Actually there is a real name for all of Swifty's professional friends. They are known as terpsichoreal ecdysiasts. Look it up. And we should all be nice to them, as they have other such friends who might be nice to us back. And maybe even not charge for being nice.

So I signed up for GT1, men. I'd like to take roll now of everyone else who's running GT1, so sit up, and raise your hand and say "here", please. That's all. Not "yo", not "yes", not "yeah", not "yeah teach", and not "what?". Just say "here", please. I have already collected the Tolmasoffs' papers, so I know they're here already and that's three of us. Who else?
i am running gt1
subaru73 is offline  
Old 08-20-2011, 10:25 PM
  #16008  
Tech Adept
 
Laguna Bozo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Beach
Posts: 244
Default FF03 settings

rodzilla,
We talked about so many settings today: shock angles, camber rod (roll center) height and camber gain, shock angles, springs, ect, ect. I'm not so comfortable offering you tuning suggestions, because you are the maestro, but one setting no one seems to question is the push rod length. Teacher Tommy was giving me a high school lesson in Archimedes (Doc, gimme a break on this one, I can't find my spell check button), so I tried something new: 13.5-14mm , instead of 12.5, really made a steering improvement. Next week I'll try varying the ball end spacing at the swivel, but I'm optimistic that some changes on these settings can help with the loose in, or loose off, and always wierd in the middle, problems we've been having...
Laguna Bozo is offline  
Old 08-20-2011, 11:29 PM
  #16009  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (11)
 
Kevin CBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: "Racing Budget" is an oxymoron
Posts: 3,984
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Overheard conversation today at the Tamiya track from a certain person high up the Tamiya food chain regarding current Nationals sign ups. Classes in order of current registered drivers.

1.) FF03 (over 20)
2.) GT-1 (about 20)
3.) Mini
4.) GT-2 (about 15)
5.) F1
6.) Spec

So, FF03 and GT-1 are not even trip classes this year and are the top 2 and mini that had something like 38% attendance for the season and #1 overall is down in third ?

Something to ponder for 2012.......
Kevin CBR is offline  
Old 08-21-2011, 10:14 AM
  #16010  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
rtypec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,978
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Laguna Bozo
rodzilla,
We talked about so many settings today: shock angles, camber rod (roll center) height and camber gain, shock angles, springs, ect, ect. I'm not so comfortable offering you tuning suggestions, because you are the maestro, but one setting no one seems to question is the push rod length. Teacher Tommy was giving me a high school lesson in Archimedes (Doc, gimme a break on this one, I can't find my spell check button), so I tried something new: 13.5-14mm , instead of 12.5, really made a steering improvement. Next week I'll try varying the ball end spacing at the swivel, but I'm optimistic that some changes on these settings can help with the loose in, or loose off, and always wierd in the middle, problems we've been having...
Or we can just run option wings oops...not going to open that can of worms.

Did you re-adjust the ride height after lengthening the pushrods? Doesn't that only affect where the shock piston sits in the shock body?

In hindsight, I think I was tuning myself out yesterday by trying too many things in attempt to eek out a few more tenths. I reviewed lap times compared to last week and they are competive. It's just hard to drive

Also, my car is running carbon reinforced everything, so that may contribute to my issues. It may need a whole new setup
rtypec is offline  
Old 08-21-2011, 12:57 PM
  #16011  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: In der Black Forest mit der elves
Posts: 273
Default Something I'm not qualified to teach

Originally Posted by Laguna Bozo
rodzilla,
We talked about so many settings today: shock angles, camber rod (roll center) height and camber gain, shock angles, springs, ect, ect. I'm not so comfortable offering you tuning suggestions, because you are the maestro, but one setting no one seems to question is the push rod length. Teacher Tommy was giving me a high school lesson in Archimedes (Doc, gimme a break on this one, I can't find my spell check button), so I tried something new: 13.5-14mm , instead of 12.5, really made a steering improvement. Next week I'll try varying the ball end spacing at the swivel, but I'm optimistic that some changes on these settings can help with the loose in, or loose off, and always wierd in the middle, problems we've been having...
Bozo, I'm just glad you know who Archimedes is. Otherwise I'd have just seemed like I was blowing smoke out my bunghole. Rod, I was telling B. about where one can put the spacers on the rocker arms, between the rocker and the ball stud, and what effect that has. We admittedly did not talk about the pushrod length, nor did I adjust that when I fussed with his car.
Also, Bozo, since MaxePower has declined, if you need to rent a running FF03 chassis, we can talk...
Tom Slick is offline  
Old 08-21-2011, 05:46 PM
  #16012  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
rccardr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Secret Underground Laboratory
Posts: 2,353
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Otherwise I'd have just seemed like I was blowing smoke out my bunghole...

Wasn't it Archimedes who said" Give me enough smoke & a bunghole through which to blow it, and I shall move the world"?

Tom- some of us were actually raised on Monty Python, thereby somewhat extending our vocabulary:
Customer: I want to buy some cheese.
Owner: Oh, I thought you were complaining about the bazouki player!
Customer: Oh, heaven forbid: I am one who delights in all manifestations of the Terpsichorean muse!
rccardr is offline  
Old 08-22-2011, 09:21 AM
  #16013  
Tech Master
iTrader: (6)
 
240Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,119
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Last day to sign up for TCS TODAY!

FYI:

All entries must be received by Monday August 22, 2011
Walk-in entries the day of the event will not be permitted!
240Z is offline  
Old 08-22-2011, 10:40 AM
  #16014  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
F N CUDA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mission Viejo, So Cal
Posts: 5,908
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 240Z
FYI:

All entries must be received by Monday August 22, 2011
Walk-in entries the day of the event will not be permitted!
Thanks for the reminder Tim!

I registered but didn't buy the motor yet. Good to go now.
F N CUDA is offline  
Old 08-22-2011, 07:43 PM
  #16015  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
maxepower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Aliso Viejo, Calif.
Posts: 1,641
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
Overheard conversation today at the Tamiya track from a certain person high up the Tamiya food chain regarding current Nationals sign ups. Classes in order of current registered drivers.

1.) FF03 (over 20)
2.) GT-1 (about 20)
3.) Mini
4.) GT-2 (about 15)
5.) F1
6.) Spec

So, FF03 and GT-1 are not even trip classes this year and are the top 2 and mini that had something like 38% attendance for the season and #1 overall is down in third ?

Something to ponder for 2012.......
Well, it's obvious that FF-03 is the only 2nd exhibition class you can run and the only class where you use your own motor, so I guess it's better then standing around waiting for your "ONE HEAT"!
Or? we all like our butts getting handed to us by Rod and Bruce!
As for GT-1, there was a rumor, something about 1st place prize being something very special! So, maybe word got out? Not real sure but next year, GT-1 I imagine is destined to be the trip to Japan Class!
maxepower is offline  
Old 08-22-2011, 10:51 PM
  #16016  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (11)
 
Kevin CBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: "Racing Budget" is an oxymoron
Posts: 3,984
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by maxepower
Well, it's obvious that FF-03 is the only 2nd exhibition class you can run and the only class where you use your own motor, so I guess it's better then standing around waiting for your "ONE HEAT"!
Or? we all like our butts getting handed to us by Rod and Bruce!
As for GT-1, there was a rumor, something about 1st place prize being something very special! So, maybe word got out? Not real sure but next year, GT-1 I imagine is destined to be the trip to Japan Class!
Hope to see GT-1 as a trip class again next year. Looked at some results from this year. Did not help that two of the East Coast races only had five entries and two entries in GT-1. That alone was probably the 1.3% that dropped it to fourth in entries and not a trip class this year.

For FF03... I am ready to get taken to school and learn some lessons at the Nats.
Kevin CBR is offline  
Old 08-22-2011, 11:05 PM
  #16017  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,799
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Paging Mr. Brandon...

Please contact us using the nearest Speedtech courtesy phone.

Your super secret order will be ready tomorrow.

Paging Mr. Brandon...

chili dog not included...
stitchy is offline  
Old 08-22-2011, 11:25 PM
  #16018  
FMW
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
FMW's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Laguna Niguel
Posts: 844
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Gentlemen...I present the entries as of 8/22/11
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
EntryInfoTCS Finals 2011.pdf (22.9 KB, 178 views)
FMW is offline  
Old 08-22-2011, 11:33 PM
  #16019  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,799
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Chris Lim and Steve Wang...INTERESTING!!
stitchy is offline  
Old 08-23-2011, 06:45 AM
  #16020  
Tech Master
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,195
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by stitchy
Chris Lim and Steve Wang...INTERESTING!!
Uh....sorry to disappoint you stitchy, but I think Fred might have posted last year's list....

Steve

p.s. I may come and watch though
teamstrc is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.