Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree828Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 08-11-2011, 08:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation

Originally Posted by FMW
Good catch Craig. I know there's a spell check function in CS3 in there somewhere. I corrected the maps spelling of the "SPECTACTOR" area to spectator.
I also uploaded here. I really hope this years drivers manual is helpful to both seasoned and new racers

Max,

The current Fun race flyer was posted on this thread too....

BTW guys. The Nationals Warm Up fun race should be fun as will the nationals. But it won't be over just yet. I'm cooking up an idea. I'm calling it the F-1 and Mini Grand Prix. 1 Hour A mains for both classes. 30 Minute B main (with Bump-up) and 15 minute C main (with Bump up) details to follow as well as the follow up race with the GT Grand Prix
FRED,
Speedtech just posted they have the Peak 4200 45C stick packs for $29!
Can we run these at the Nats! The price is perfect and it's the same brand battery? So, let me know ASAP! I want to get them! For the price it's the way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't you agreeeeeeee!!!!!
Old 08-12-2011, 02:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default M-06 legal option parts

Fred:

Question for you on rules for minis for TCS.

Many of the option parts for the mini's are labeled by Tamiya as parts for "M-05," but clearly they work just fine on the M-06: for example ball diff, steering parts, etc. In fact, some of the hop up parts supplied in the M06pro kit (steering pieces, for example) are simply labeled as "M-05" parts on Tamiya's website. Are all Tamiya M-05 hop up parts that work on the M-06 therefore legal for the M-06 in TCS? I think the answer should clearly be yes, but I don't want to find out only on race day after getting the car adjusted just so in practice with the option parts.

For example (and this is not the only example as there are many), I don't want to have a problem at race time if I bring my pretty much fully optioned M-06 that has the ball diff #54194 (labeled by Tamiya as for the M-05 with no mention of the M-06).

Thanks.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by minidriver
Fred:

Question for you on rules for minis for TCS.

Many of the option parts for the mini's are labeled by Tamiya as parts for "M-05," but clearly they work just fine on the M-06: for example ball diff, steering parts, etc. In fact, some of the hop up parts supplied in the M06pro kit (steering pieces, for example) are simply labeled as "M-05" parts on Tamiya's website. Are all Tamiya M-05 hop up parts that work on the M-06 therefore legal for the M-06 in TCS? I think the answer should clearly be yes, but I don't want to find out only on race day after getting the car adjusted just so in practice with the option parts.

For example (and this is not the only example as there are many), I don't want to have a problem at race time if I bring my pretty much fully optioned M-06 that has the ball diff #54194 (labeled by Tamiya as for the M-05 with no mention of the M-06).

Thanks.
If you get your M06 to work with spec tires at Nats I would vote to let you run any hop up that Tamiya makes. You are a brave man to run the 06 at Nats. If it does work can I please have your setup.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by SirSwiftAlot
If you get your M06 to work with spec tires at Nats I would vote to let you run any hop up that Tamiya makes. You are a brave man to run the 06 at Nats. If it does work can I please have your setup.
Yeah, I know that it really isn't meant for identical tires front and rear on asphalt - I'll probably wind up with the m05, but have a couple of ideas I want to try yet. On carpet it sets up wonderfully with the spec tires, but pavement is a whole different matter.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Whats this big fat rumor going around about Craig Richter winning mini at the fun race this last weekend. This must be a lie!! Rubbish I call it !! He must have been the only one running while all the others ran FF03. Craig if its true enjoy the temporary victory as I am coming this saturday to bestow upon you a good ol fashioned ass woopin.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:41 PM
Tech Adept

Default woopin'

Ooohh, the gauntlet's been thrown...
Old 08-15-2011, 09:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Craig's motor was only clocking 16,500; but he had two of them under the hood.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:10 PM
Tech Elite

Whats this big fat rumor going around about Craig Richter winning mini at the fun race this last weekend. This must be a lie!! Rubbish I call it !! He must have been the only one running while all the others ran FF03. Craig if its true enjoy the temporary victory as I am coming this saturday to bestow upon you a good ol fashioned ass woopin.
I don't know about that. Craig was so fast in mini, people were thinking it was his FF03.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Laguna Bozo
Ooohh, the gauntlet's been thrown...
Gauntlet is a fantasy-themed hack and slash 1985 arcade game by Atari Games. It is noted as the first class-based multiplayer game. Released during the emergence of popularity of other role-playing games like Dungeons & Dragons, the game was a sensation, being one of the first true dungeon crawl arcade games.

Seriously Craig your way too old to be picking up Gauntlet and throwing it around. Let me do the heavy lifting
Old 08-16-2011, 05:10 PM
Tech Adept

There was a couple people taking pics this last weekend at the fun race. Anyone know where they can be seen.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:04 PM
Tech Adept

Gauntlet is a fantasy-themed hack and slash 1985 arcade game by Atari Games. It is noted as the first class-based multiplayer game. Released during the emergence of popularity of other role-playing games like Dungeons & Dragons, the game was a sensation, being one of the first true dungeon crawl arcade games.

Seriously Craig your way too old to be picking up Gauntlet and throwing it around. Let me do the heavy lifting
Hmmm...I thought 'gauntlet' was the French word for 'glove', with which the Medevil Knights of the Roundtable were fond of whackin' each other, as a challenge to a 'joust'. Later, after SirSwiftALot invented gunpowder, folks still went around whackin' each other as a challenge to a duel.
Also used today to refer to some kind of obstacle course, hence Atari's use as a game name. Popular with role-playing types like BK, who like to pretend they are real race car drivers...
Old 08-16-2011, 08:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

He said whackin each other. hehe
Old 08-16-2011, 08:34 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
Somehow I knew you'd pick up on that, 'Cuda

Hey, how come the Roll Eyes icon doesn't roll his eyes?? Is there a Techytype that can work on that??
Old 08-17-2011, 09:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Craig you are 72 hours away from ultimate destruction. I suggest you work on your car and get it ready cuz its go time. I am pulling out all the stops for this battle. Its going to make the rumble in the jungle seem like a school yard fight between cuda & rod canare. OH YEAH BABY LETS DO DISS
Old 08-17-2011, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
Yeah whack it , whack ir hmmmmhmmmmm hmmmmmm cool

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.