Like Tree824Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 08-08-2011, 11:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation The Nationals are upon us

Originally Posted by hickmeister
Hi Max,
What class are going to run for the Nats this year?
I am sure you want to go back to Japan without Timmy this time??
F1, GT2, Mini??
You know what I am running
F104X1 or F104 which ever is faster for the conditions?
I won't be able to make the Fun Race on the 13th
But will be out there on the 20th
See you guys then
Steve
Well, the plan is mini for all the marbles and maybe the exhibition class, I really wanted to run GT-1 but if Fred makes this an exhibition class also then I'll run that class! I really should focus on one class this time. Gee, I go thru this every year!
Yeah, the fun race won't be as fun without the infamous Hickman bro's there but will see you soon for the Nats!
Old 08-08-2011, 12:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hey everyone!

Speedtech will be at the fun race this weekend. We have an order going out pretty soon. If you guys have any special requests (for parts!!) please let us know or give us a call at 626.237.0807.

See you guys there!
Old 08-08-2011, 12:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stitchy
Hey everyone!

Speedtech will be at the fun race this weekend. We have an order going out pretty soon. If you guys have any special requests (for parts!!) please let us know or give us a call at 626.237.0807.

See you guys there!
Hecks yeh, I'm in with my Speedtech order!

Nice to have a place to go with the good prices and killer selection in stock as well as being able to get what you need in a short time if it's not in stock at the moment.
Just call em and if they don't have it they'll get it if anyone can.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
Nice to have a place to go with the good prices and killer selection in stock as well as being able to get what you need in a short time if it's not in stock at the moment.
Just call em and if they don't have it they'll get it if anyone can.

amen to that!!!.. they have always come thru for me too..
Old 08-09-2011, 02:03 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by maxepower
So, did Fred make a maiden voyage of the TA06? I had to leave early for work so I'm curious as too how the car ran?
Inquiring minds want to know!
I did Max. The car was set up box stock as far as the camber link and shock positions are concerned. I used the kit oil, kit springs and kit pistons. I also stuck with the kit suspension block set up. Camber was set to 1.5 degrees on all 4 corners. Ride height was set to 4.5mm front and rear. Front toe was set to 0. Other than that the kit was built per the instructions. The only Hop-Up options I installed were: Rear ball diff, front and rear sway bars (medium front, soft rear) and titanium screws. Note: I put 100,000 weight diff oil in the front gear diff.

I used the same Mazda RX7 JTCC body I've been running for a long time. Compared to my TA-05 Version II, the 06 carries more speed through the sweeper, inner sweeper and carousel. It turns tighter at the 180, turn 6 and the S turns. Acceration is quite noticeably different. Since you have a gearbox in the rear of the car it tends to launch a bit quicker. Overall, I was impressed with the car. I also solved the Reedy 5500 60c battery pack fitment issue. The true test of the car will be running it against other people who normally race the GT-1 class. Perhaps I will partake in the fun race just to see if the drive-train can hang with the dual belt TA-05 VII.

FM
Old 08-09-2011, 04:06 PM
Tech Master

Cool Fun race this weekend!!!!!

Originally Posted by FMW
I did Max. The car was set up box stock as far as the camber link and shock positions are concerned. I used the kit oil, kit springs and kit pistons. I also stuck with the kit suspension block set up. Camber was set to 1.5 degrees on all 4 corners. Ride height was set to 4.5mm front and rear. Front toe was set to 0. Other than that the kit was built per the instructions. The only Hop-Up options I installed were: Rear ball diff, front and rear sway bars (medium front, soft rear) and titanium screws. Note: I put 100,000 weight diff oil in the front gear diff.

I used the same Mazda RX7 JTCC body I've been running for a long time. Compared to my TA-05 Version II, the 06 carries more speed through the sweeper, inner sweeper and carousel. It turns tighter at the 180, turn 6 and the S turns. Acceration is quite noticeably different. Since you have a gearbox in the rear of the car it tends to launch a bit quicker. Overall, I was impressed with the car. I also solved the Reedy 5500 60c battery pack fitment issue. The true test of the car will be running it against other people who normally race the GT-1 class. Perhaps I will partake in the fun race just to see if the drive-train can hang with the dual belt TA-05 VII.

FM
Definitely run the 06 this weekend, I'll even qualify in front of you that way you can pass me from behind like the last race!
Of coarse this time if you can pass me I'll go buy a TA06 myself and run it in Gt-1 for the Nats this year! Just kidding, but maybe for next year!
One more thing I noticed it's unlimited rpm's in mini! We can still run any tire combo as long as it's Tamiya, right Fred? Unlimited rpm's are going to kill spec tires and our pocket book also!
Thanks in advance!
P.S..........I forgot, one last last question. What the heck is the timer for on the Tamiya website. 28 days until what? I see that's Labor day! Is that when F1 starts again? Not sure, Let us know!
Inquiring minds and all that!

Last edited by maxepower; 08-09-2011 at 06:22 PM.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maxepower
P.S..........I forgot, one last last question. What the heck is the timer for on the Tamiya website. 28 days until what?
Wow, a homepage that has an annoying beep. Yes, it got my attention but I wanna leave as soon as possible because of it. Click on anything to get away from the beep! I did however, remote desktop to somebody who was out of office in another location, went to the Tamiya website on their browser and cranked their volume Must have upset A LOT of people and my morale compass took a nose dive

Fred, if you win I'll buy one
Old 08-09-2011, 09:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Nearly a year later and this is still an amazing drive.
Christian's lines carry huge corner speed!
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:25 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Max,

The Johnson motor classes should adhere to the TCS RPM limits. All of you guys are on the honor system, but if I need to, I will unleash Grandpa to check suspect drivers.

Rod,

Beep, beep, beep, beep. I turned off my speakers.

By the way everyone. I updated the Drivers manual to show the Tamiya Track facility map. It's useful for our new TCS racers that could use a helping hand in getting familiar of where everything is located and where to report to during the event. It's also useful as I have given the track official corner names so it's easy for new and old racers to know what I'm referring to when I'm calling a race.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Drivers manual 2011 NAF.pdf (303.6 KB, 264 views)
Old 08-10-2011, 09:56 AM
Tech Adept

Default Track Map

Excuse me Sir, but just what is a "spectactor"?
Old 08-10-2011, 10:39 AM
Tech Master

Exclamation My mistake!

Originally Posted by FMW
Max,

The Johnson motor classes should adhere to the TCS RPM limits. All of you guys are on the honor system, but if I need to, I will unleash Grandpa to check suspect drivers.

Rod,

Beep, beep, beep, beep. I turned off my speakers.

By the way everyone. I updated the Drivers manual to show the Tamiya Track facility map. It's useful for our new TCS racers that could use a helping hand in getting familiar of where everything is located and where to report to during the event. It's also useful as I have given the track official corner names so it's easy for new and old racers to know what I'm referring to when I'm calling a race.
Nice job on the map fred. My bad on the rpm limits, I was looking at an old flyer on the Tamiya website from last year. So, the same rules apply from the last fun race. Right?
Is there a new flyer for fun race this weekend?
Old 08-11-2011, 04:56 PM
Tech Addict

Wow..a whole 24hrs of no online banter on this thread, must be a race coming up soon. Heads down and wrenching
Old 08-11-2011, 06:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Some questions about this year's final

i read that NSX are not allowed in GT2 which bodies are people running?

i see that there is a spec tire (PN# 1015 i believe) are they unlimited for the event or only allowed so many?
Do we have to buy them from a particular shop or at the race?

thanks see you in two weeks
JB Catricala
Old 08-11-2011, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JB_catricala
Some questions about this year's final

i read that NSX are not allowed in GT2 which bodies are people running?

i see that there is a spec tire (PN# 1015 i believe) are they unlimited for the event or only allowed so many?
Do we have to buy them from a particular shop or at the race?

thanks see you in two weeks
JB Catricala
Regarding the tires, you can use as many as you want. You don't have to buy them from any particular shop, but we have them

Speaking of tires...we WILL have them available at this year's Nats race. However, we will NOT have an unlimited supply! It surprised us a little last year how much demand we had the day OF the race when we had thought most people stocked up beforehand. We do have ample supply now and will bring them to this weekend's fun race. If you are thinking of getting tires, well, I'm not pressuring you to buy them right this second, but at least let us know to reserve some for you... This will ensure plenty of supply for everyone (reading this post and otherwise).

Thanks peeps!
Old 08-11-2011, 07:52 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Laguna Bozo
Excuse me Sir, but just what is a "spectactor"?
Good catch Craig. I know there's a spell check function in CS3 in there somewhere. I corrected the maps spelling of the "SPECTACTOR" area to spectator.
I also uploaded here. I really hope this years drivers manual is helpful to both seasoned and new racers

Max,

The current Fun race flyer was posted on this thread too....

BTW guys. The Nationals Warm Up fun race should be fun as will the nationals. But it won't be over just yet. I'm cooking up an idea. I'm calling it the F-1 and Mini Grand Prix. 1 Hour A mains for both classes. 30 Minute B main (with Bump-up) and 15 minute C main (with Bump up) details to follow as well as the follow up race with the GT Grand Prix
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Drivers manual 2011 NAF.pdf (97.7 KB, 309 views)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.