Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 07-18-2011, 11:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

it was forbidden to mess with the timing ring on motor.. endbells were taged with paint in multiple places..
Old 07-19-2011, 08:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Tom Slick
Glad to hear overall impression of BL's on the Minis was positive. Can I ask, what speedo Novak loaned out? Anybody happen to temp. those? And, did anyone mess with the timing rings?
It was positive in regards to how even motor performance was. The systems were for the most part reliable and performed as advertised. As far as the esc went it was an orange one that had a fan which we did not have to use. Tom, the motors were so even that that sort of crap would have exposed in a minute. The motors were black and had Ballistic on them.

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
Try water dipping them?
Craig, I remained positive and only posted my positive impressions of the brushless experience. I know it's hard for you to restrain yourself, but comments like that do nothing to promote good will.

Am I a convert to brushless? No, not really and let me explain why. I have experience from being an organizer and from being a racer. Organizers would like to have the motors equal. Racers would like to have a faster motor than anyone else. At heart I'm just a racer. There are other reasons, but basically that pretty much sums it up.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Organizers would like to have the motors equal. Racers would like to have a faster motor than anyone else. At heart I'm just a racer.
...and that's why we love ya, Bob.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Granpa

Craig, I remained positive and only posted my positive impressions of the brushless experience. I know it's hard for you to restrain yourself, but comments like that do nothing to promote good will.

Sorry you took it personal Bob, thought I was just pokin fun.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:29 PM
Tech Adept

Default Enduro

Grandpa,
Nino's Nimrods qualified 4th (Timmy Vales), and were proceeding nicely thru the early going. By three hours we were P1, around four laps to the good. Timmy had to go to work, but Eric and Andrew were cuttin' good laps, and things were looking good for a repeat of our Enduro Numero Uno victory...and then everything broke loose.
Trying to push the tire limits, BOTH front tires blew up! Together! And the replacements just never came in...big push, snap loose, wouldn't even go down the straight straight. I felt like such a Bozo out there, bouncing off cars and hittin' dots. Sorry guys.
About the same time, the motor just decided to quit pullin'. Still runnin', just no grunt. By the end, easily the slowest car on the track. I think we got sixth.
Congrats to the San Diego guys. Grandpa's car was really the best all day, especially towards the end, and those guys drove their tails off! The Barry and Gary show (and some other ringer whose name I don't know) were really impressive .. Good show!
Can't wait for next year...better tire strategy...luck of the motor...Hey, we've still got an outside chance.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation FUN FUN RACE!

Originally Posted by Tom Slick
Brother Max, I am well, sitting in an air-conditioned hotel room in a humid PA town and laughing my ass off about Carmageddon. So, were you the GT2 winner at the fun race? Also, you must dish. How did the Mini enduro go? I am surprised someone didn't post up yet--or did it run into the night? This can only mean one thing: next time, the Minis run with headlights. And we should do a 12-hour enduro in October. Eh?
Tom,
Sorry, it took me a long time to respond but Carmageddon was a bust. no traffic to speak of it was actually nice with no cars on the freeway! Kind of surreal.
No I didn't win GT-2. I ran GT-1 and I ran so bad that even Fred finished in front of me! I'm so ashamed!
Did finish 2nd behind Rod in FF03 but not a large turnout for that class. There was a "C" main in GT-1. So, based on the fact that the trip to Japan class is determined by the number of entries during the racing season. GT-1 and GT-2 and mini would have the edge on being the class selected for the finals to Japan. Just a guess so nobody assume anything with Fred. Just my 2$
Old 07-19-2011, 09:49 PM
Tech Master

Exclamation Big winners of the Enduro! "NOT"!

Originally Posted by Laguna Bozo
Grandpa,
Nino's Nimrods qualified 4th (Timmy Vales), and were proceeding nicely thru the early going. By three hours we were P1, around four laps to the good. Timmy had to go to work, but Eric and Andrew were cuttin' good laps, and things were looking good for a repeat of our Enduro Numero Uno victory...and then everything broke loose.
Trying to push the tire limits, BOTH front tires blew up! Together! And the replacements just never came in...big push, snap loose, wouldn't even go down the straight straight. I felt like such a Bozo out there, bouncing off cars and hittin' dots. Sorry guys.
About the same time, the motor just decided to quit pullin'. Still runnin', just no grunt. By the end, easily the slowest car on the track. I think we got sixth.
Congrats to the San Diego guys. Grandpa's car was really the best all day, especially towards the end, and those guys drove their tails off! The Barry and Gary show (and some other ringer whose name I don't know) were really impressive .. Good show!
Can't wait for next year...better tire strategy...luck of the motor...Hey, we've still got an outside chance.
Craig,
I'm getting tired of always be the brides maid and never the bride in the enduro races. Talk about bad luck, we truly had a great handling car all day, even on bald tires the car was hooked up, once we changed tire by one battery change the tires came in and the car was stupid fast!
Unfortunately, the racing gremlin put the electronic mojo on our deans connector and we were out of getting to the podium. Maybe someday we will be in the top three. Sometimes a little bit of the luck of the Irish can go a long way, in order to win a 6 hour race.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:03 PM
Tech Master

Exclamation Tamiya practice! SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!

FYI,
Due to the Drift Race at the Tamiya Race track Saturday. Open practice is completely cancelled for Saturday. Drift racers have total use of the track all day! We will not be allowed to use the track at all!
But, due to popular demand, the track will be open this Sunday for full practice. Thanks to Fred and all the track volunteers! Including me of coarse. So, I'm thinking about doing the barbeque again this Sunday. Just dogs and chips this time, so we'll see how the turnout is!
Let me know who all is intested BBQ Sunday, just for an idea of head count!
Later
Max
Your friendly neighborhood TTLocal !
Old 07-20-2011, 01:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
Sorry you took it personal Bob, thought I was just pokin fun.
Craig, ol' buddy, didn't take it personal. Just didn't want to have a big kerflaffel start on which is better, Silvercans or brushless. I knew you were just pokin' fun. Known you long enough that I know you don't have a mean or nasty bone in your body.

Originally Posted by maxepower
Craig,
I'm getting tired of always be the brides maid and never the bride in the enduro races. Talk about bad luck, we truly had a great handling car all day, even on bald tires the car was hooked up, once we changed tire by one battery change the tires came in and the car was stupid fast!
Unfortunately, the racing gremlin put the electronic mojo on our deans connector and we were out of getting to the podium. Maybe someday we will be in the top three. Sometimes a little bit of the luck of the Irish can go a long way, in order to win a 6 hour race.
Max, screw that top three crap. We're going to win it next year. Got a couple of ideas on how to make the car handle a tad better and even faster. Both Rod and Edgar said they were on board for next year cause they were disappointed, perturbed, disgruntled, and the urine word about our lousy luck this year.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:22 PM
Tech Addict

Sunday is looking to be a great day!

F1 race on FoxHD at 9AM

Tamiya Track Day w/ BBQ, thanks to all the track volunteers!

Plus a Free Concert at the Park
Time: 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM

Join us on Sunday, July 24th from 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm at Grand Park for a live concert.

Music By: Lights (Journey Tribute)
Old 07-20-2011, 05:10 PM
Doc
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by gtypecanare
Sunday is looking to be a great day!

F1 race on FoxHD at 9AM

Tamiya Track Day w/ BBQ, thanks to all the track volunteers!....

hey, howdy george! could you lean on yer boss a little, and have him commit to a date for the aug fun race?? tanks, dood!!

btw, nice avie... thats a little ole retired hot rod i'm kinda familiar with.... those 2 blips on the chin would be the AN/ALR-23 IR detector and a AAX-1 TCS (Television Camera Set) -- ask any Libyan, thats not a view you wanna see on yer 6!!!!
Old 07-20-2011, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

some newfangled mini just came in...
Old 07-20-2011, 10:53 PM
Tech Adept

Default Sunday

Count me in for a dog, Max. Want me to bring some drinks? (No Red Bull, Rod)
Old 07-21-2011, 07:54 AM
Tech Elite

I can bring the condiments and the charcoal starting chimney. Let me know if you'd like me to pick up the buns and weiners. There's a Smart & Final just around the corner.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm in...I'll bring potato wedges. How many pounds shall I pick up? As a reference, I brought 3 last time.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.