Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 06-26-2011, 09:15 AM
Tech Adept

Cool Tamiya America GoPro

Hey guys, i was at the Tamiya track yesterday and brought my New GoPro HD. After trying a few different mounting positions i got the video as still and clean as i think it will ever be. There was a lot of requests yesterday to put this up on Youtube and post it on RCTech. Here it is, its about a 5min collaboration of all the video i took yesterday.
It is in HD so remember to change the video to 720p HD on youtube when you watch it. (if you want to see how clear it really is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOasZM5SZcc
Old 06-26-2011, 12:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mini master
Hey guys, i was at the Tamiya track yesterday and brought my New GoPro HD. After trying a few different mounting positions i got the video as still and clean as i think it will ever be. There was a lot of requests yesterday to put this up on Youtube and post it on RCTech. Here it is, its about a 5min collaboration of all the video i took yesterday.
It is in HD so remember to change the video to 720p HD on youtube when you watch it. (if you want to see how clear it really is.

Bad ass!!!!!
Old 06-26-2011, 01:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Great video !!
Old 06-26-2011, 04:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
At the X-Ray race at West Coast, the Tekin's and KO's were competitive and people running the Novak GTB, clearly the best of the TCS legal esc's, could not keep up.
I ran a TCS legal ESC at the Xray challenge and was happy with my 4th place result. I felt like my lack of driving and setup knowlegde were the only things holding me back.

I can't set a car up to save my life to run on a low grip track like Tamiya Aliso so I think, based on what I have seen there lately, that the podium in GT1 will come down to setup and driving skill.

The fun race will be down to setup, tires and driving skill...
Old 06-26-2011, 04:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey guys, i was at the Tamiya track yesterday and brought my New GoPro HD. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOasZM5SZcc
Dude...that clarity looks amazing. May need to add one to the toy collection.

Its hard to bicycle your car on purpose for the camera car
Old 06-26-2011, 04:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 56 (98%+)

I plan on running my new ta06 at the MD TCS next month. As a tamiya and onroad n00b, what body should I pick up to use in gt2? Something that handles well for a new driver?
Old 06-26-2011, 09:55 PM
Tech Adept

If we are concern on brushless system fairness because of prize in fun race, then why GT2 has no motor rpm limit !!!! People can tweak , zap, and get special tune mabuchi is fair ?
Old 06-26-2011, 11:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rtypec
How about this, GT1 ANY MOTOR ANY ESC...Nut up or shut up class...Bring it! along with spare parts and/or a garbage bag to collect the debris
we saw what that did last year... NO GT1 class...
Old 06-26-2011, 11:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Gernaide fool
Old 06-27-2011, 12:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Good intention if no prizes will be awarded. But since there are, esc's like the KO BMC, even if with new software for zero timing, will be faster than the "TCS Legal" esc's. At the X-Ray race at West Coast, the Tekin's and KO's were competitive and people running the Novak GTB, clearly the best of the TCS legal esc's, could not keep up.

Opening up the esc's is opening up Pandora's box again. If it is a "no prize club race", go ahead. But since prizes are being awarded and the race is based on TCS rules, people who will run the TCS legal esc's that they got to run GT-1 this year will be at a disadvantage to some other esc's if allowed. Is that fair to the people who bought new equipment to compete in a certain TCS class this year ?

The GT-1 esc rule for the fun race should be either the current TCS rule or open to any ROAR legal esc rather than start adding just this esc or just that esc because someone wants to run "what they have".
I am in support of using the ROAR list. The point is to include more equipment that is allowed to get more people back to racing especially the fun races. For TCS races, rules has already been set and the ship has sailed.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking

Did everyone see the new Honda CRZ body that Tom was running. His car was sick. I ran my Integra and Honda Civic type R and I couldn't keep up with his car. I hope Rod brings his FF-03 next weekend so he can run against the CRZ. Without a wing that body works really well. I need to try it again if Tom is willing!
Oh, and that was my TA05-V2 in the video, very cool to watch the suspension working as it's going around the track!
Old 06-27-2011, 04:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

in case you have not seen this... WOW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaXLt...eature=related
Old 06-27-2011, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rtypec
How about this, GT1 ANY MOTOR ANY ESC...Nut up or shut up class...Bring it! along with spare parts and/or a garbage bag to collect the debris
10.5 with Tekin boosted, I am IN !

No worries here, I have enough spare parts.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

10.5 with Tekin boosted, I am IN !

No worries here, I have enough spare parts.
No limit and you wanna cruise around with a boosted 10.5?
Old 06-27-2011, 09:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just make GT1 open... I have a 3TBL waiting to be Tekinized. . .

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.