Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 06-19-2011, 08:13 AM
  #15706  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (56)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 900
Trader Rating: 56 (98%+)
Default

will the ta06 be allowed in the gt1 and gt2 classes for the july tcs races?
jhhack is offline  
Old 06-20-2011, 01:54 PM
  #15707  
Tech Addict
 
gtypecanare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 534
Default

Cool video.
gtypecanare is offline  
Old 06-20-2011, 04:11 PM
  #15708  
FMW
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
FMW's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Laguna Niguel
Posts: 844
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

The TA-06 is now legal for the remainder of the TCS regional races including the TCS North American Finals.

FM
FMW is offline  
Old 06-20-2011, 04:19 PM
  #15709  
FMW
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
FMW's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Laguna Niguel
Posts: 844
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

To our valued TCS racers and Tamiya track visitors:

Tamiya America Inc. owns and operates the Tamiya R&D Race Track facility located in Aliso Viejo, CA. The track is overseen by Tamiya America’s marketing department headed by Fred Medel with support from his department staff.

The track is open every Saturday from 9:00-4:00 pm. with the unselfish, gracious help and support of the local volunteers who open the facility every Saturday and keep the track clean and orderly. Tamiya customers are welcome to enjoy their Tamiya products at this facility at NO CHARGE every Saturday. The facility is open at NO CHARGE as a thank you to all Tamiya customers. It’s there so enthusiasts can practice and learn how to drive a Tamiya R/C car around a professional track.

The Tamiya TCS regional and North American Finals races that Tamiya America holds are “entry fee free” promotional races held every year. They have been free to enter since 1995.

In the coming months Tamiya America will be holding non-TCS promotional races at its facility. These races will have an entry fee attached to them in order to cover costs associated in maintaining the facility, employee wages, prizes and track upgrades. On highly rare occasions Tamiya America will also be renting the track to event promoters to also help raise funds for track upgrades and maintenance. These special events will also have an entry fee attached to them.

We would like to thank everyone for their continued support of the Tamiya brand and its fun product line-up of R/C cars. We have some fun events planned for the month of July! These events will undoubtedly prepare anyone interested in perfecting their race craft for the much anticipated TCS North American Final coming up in late August. It is our sincerest hope that everyone can make these events and join the fun. It’s our goal to provide a fun and fair atmosphere to all attendees.

Events at the Tamiya America R&D Raceway for July:

Saturday July 9th (Tamiya “Fun Race”) entry fee $10.00 first class, $5.00 second class
Saturday July 16th (Tamiya 6 Hour Mini Chassis Enduro) $20.00 per team
Saturday July 23rd (R/C Drift Club Final Battle) $20.00 pre-paid $25.00 on site

This should put any questions or concerns to rest.

FM
FMW is offline  
Old 06-20-2011, 08:18 PM
  #15710  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (26)
 
reenmachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Studio City, CA
Posts: 2,539
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by FMW
To our valued TCS racers and Tamiya track visitors:

Tamiya America Inc. owns and operates the Tamiya R&D Race Track facility located in Aliso Viejo, CA. The track is overseen by Tamiya America’s marketing department headed by Fred Medel with support from his department staff.

The track is open every Saturday from 9:00-4:00 pm. with the unselfish, gracious help and support of the local volunteers who open the facility every Saturday and keep the track clean and orderly. Tamiya customers are welcome to enjoy their Tamiya products at this facility at NO CHARGE every Saturday. The facility is open at NO CHARGE as a thank you to all Tamiya customers. It’s there so enthusiasts can practice and learn how to drive a Tamiya R/C car around a professional track.

The Tamiya TCS regional and North American Finals races that Tamiya America holds are “entry fee free” promotional races held every year. They have been free to enter since 1995.

In the coming months Tamiya America will be holding non-TCS promotional races at its facility. These races will have an entry fee attached to them in order to cover costs associated in maintaining the facility, employee wages, prizes and track upgrades. On highly rare occasions Tamiya America will also be renting the track to event promoters to also help raise funds for track upgrades and maintenance. These special events will also have an entry fee attached to them.

We would like to thank everyone for their continued support of the Tamiya brand and its fun product line-up of R/C cars. We have some fun events planned for the month of July! These events will undoubtedly prepare anyone interested in perfecting their race craft for the much anticipated TCS North American Final coming up in late August. It is our sincerest hope that everyone can make these events and join the fun. It’s our goal to provide a fun and fair atmosphere to all attendees.

Events at the Tamiya America R&D Raceway for July:

Saturday July 9th (Tamiya “Fun Race”) entry fee $10.00 first class, $5.00 second class
Saturday July 16th (Tamiya 6 Hour Mini Chassis Enduro) $20.00 per team
Saturday July 23rd (R/C Drift Club Final Battle) $20.00 pre-paid $25.00 on site

This should put any questions or concerns to rest.

FM
Sounds perfectly reasonable to me. Cheap at twice the price -- especially the enduro.
reenmachine is offline  
Old 06-21-2011, 02:09 AM
  #15711  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (11)
 
Kevin CBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: "Racing Budget" is an oxymoron
Posts: 3,984
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Fred - can we run a third class at the Fun race ?

It's too bad you had to explain the reason for such a minor entry fee but hopefully everyone will now be happy, show up with a few bucks and have a great time. I will be back from Asia this week, can I pay my entry fee in Chinese RMB ?
Kevin CBR is offline  
Old 06-21-2011, 07:35 AM
  #15712  
Tech Master
iTrader: (94)
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,421
Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Default

Racers across the US have to pay $10 to $25 every weekend to race their Tamiya cars. The local Tamiya racers (at a premium track) should consider themselves lucky they only have to pay once in a while. *still shaking head*
Markus is offline  
Old 06-21-2011, 10:16 AM
  #15713  
Tech Rookie
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 19
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Classes Question

Rookie inquiry. It's not clear to me what first and second classes are.

Right now, second class to me looks like a class for beginner or intermediate drivers for any chassis class. What if a driver with expert skill level joins this class (to save $5... funny, maybe) wins every round (yes, this will be a fun racing event indeed... for him!) -- can this happen?

Thanks.
colhazard is offline  
Old 06-21-2011, 11:12 AM
  #15714  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: San Marcos, CA
Posts: 105
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by colhazard
Rookie inquiry. It's not clear to me what first and second classes are.

Right now, second class to me looks like a class for beginner or intermediate drivers for any chassis class. What if a driver with expert skill level joins this class (to save $5... funny, maybe) wins every round (yes, this will be a fun racing event indeed... for him!) -- can this happen?

Thanks.
'First Class' refers to the initial race you want to run in. 'Second Class' refers to the additional race you want to run in.
Buzzerbro is offline  
Old 06-21-2011, 11:26 AM
  #15715  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
charlie_b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 9,927
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by colhazard
Rookie inquiry. It's not clear to me what first and second classes are.

Right now, second class to me looks like a class for beginner or intermediate drivers for any chassis class. What if a driver with expert skill level joins this class (to save $5... funny, maybe) wins every round (yes, this will be a fun racing event indeed... for him!) -- can this happen?

Thanks.
There is a rookie class and expert drivers are not allowed to run in it. If a driver is clearly not a rookie, we will move him/her to the right class.
charlie_b is offline  
Old 06-21-2011, 12:27 PM
  #15716  
Tech Rookie
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 19
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Buzzerbro, charlie_b thanks for clarifying that.
colhazard is offline  
Old 06-21-2011, 05:02 PM
  #15717  
FMW
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
FMW's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Laguna Niguel
Posts: 844
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Every one can enter as many classes as they want. It's up to you to make sure you can be ready on time

Tamiya Fun Race Rules:

Disclaimer:
The following rule set is designed to keep it simple and fun. The “Fun Race” rules are not as strict as the normal TCS rules.

General Tamiya Fun Race Rules:
1. All vehicles must be Tamiya based platforms.
2. Any Tamiya or any other manufactures aftermarket Hop Up is legal.
3. Tamiya body shells only for all classes.
4. Chassis modifications and lightening is permitted
5. No minimum weight limits
6. Battery voltage for LiPo batteries is 8.44 Volt max. Honor system is employed and may be spot checked if deemed necessary.

Class specific rules:

Mini:
1. Tamiya 540-J motors
2. TCS 18,750 RPM limit
3. Any Tamiya mini tire is legal

F1 Rubber Tire TCS Spec
1. All TCS rules applicable, F104 chassis only, rubber tires, etc.

F1 Pro
1. F104 chassis type only.
2. Any Tamiya or any manufactures aftermarket Ho-Up is legal
3. Exotek or similar conversions are legal (Max width 180mm, 200mm if using F104W)
4. Any rubber tire is legal.
5. 21.5 BL motors with no boost ESC. ROAR list and honor system applicable.

GT-1
1. Any 17.5 BL motor and no boost TCS (Tamiya Championship Series) approved ESC’s.
2. Any tire brand may be used

GT-2
1. Tamiya 540-J motors
2. No RPM limits
3. Any Tamiya tire.

TT-01 Novice spec
1. TT-01 Chassis only.
2. All TCS rules apply for the class.

FWD PRO
1. Any 21.5 BL motor and no boost TCS (Tamiya Championship Series) approved ESC’s.
2. TCS gearing limit 3.85 final drive (80 spur and 54T pinion)
3. Tamiya tires only

FWD TCS Spec
1. Tamiya 540-J motors
2. TCS RPM limit 18,750
3. TCS gearing limit 3.85 final drive (80 spur and 54T pinion)
4. Tamiya tires only.


FM
FMW is offline  
Old 06-21-2011, 05:10 PM
  #15718  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (34)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: N Chesterfield, VA
Posts: 83
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Does anyone have a modest setup for the FF03 for the Coliseum in MD, including gear ratio?

Thanks in advance.

Tommy
rdcobra is offline  
Old 06-21-2011, 05:35 PM
  #15719  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (54)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 782
Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by FMW
Every one can enter as many classes as they want. It's up to you to make sure you can be ready on time

Tamiya Fun Race Rules:

Disclaimer:
The following rule set is designed to keep it simple and fun. The “Fun Race” rules are not as strict as the normal TCS rules.

General Tamiya Fun Race Rules:
1. All vehicles must be Tamiya based platforms.
2. Any Tamiya or any other manufactures aftermarket Hop Up is legal.
3. Tamiya body shells only for all classes.
4. Chassis modifications and lightening is permitted
5. No minimum weight limits
6. Battery voltage for LiPo batteries is 8.44 Volt max. Honor system is employed and may be spot checked if deemed necessary.

Class specific rules:

Mini:
1. Tamiya 540-J motors
2. TCS 18,750 RPM limit
3. Any Tamiya mini tire is legal

F1 Rubber Tire TCS Spec
1. All TCS rules applicable, F104 chassis only, rubber tires, etc.

F1 Pro
1. F104 chassis type only.
2. Any Tamiya or any manufactures aftermarket Ho-Up is legal
3. Exotek or similar conversions are legal (Max width 180mm, 200mm if using F104W)
4. Any rubber tire is legal.
5. 21.5 BL motors with no boost ESC. ROAR list and honor system applicable.

GT-1
1. Any 17.5 BL motor and no boost TCS (Tamiya Championship Series) approved ESC’s.
2. Any tire brand may be used

GT-2
1. Tamiya 540-J motors
2. No RPM limits
3. Any Tamiya tire.

TT-01 Novice spec
1. TT-01 Chassis only.
2. All TCS rules apply for the class.

FWD PRO
1. Any 21.5 BL motor and no boost TCS (Tamiya Championship Series) approved ESC’s.
2. TCS gearing limit 3.85 final drive (80 spur and 54T pinion)
3. Tamiya tires only

FWD TCS Spec
1. Tamiya 540-J motors
2. TCS RPM limit 18,750
3. TCS gearing limit 3.85 final drive (80 spur and 54T pinion)
4. Tamiya tires only.


FM
Fred

Could you free up the GT1 esc rule to include ROAR approved non-bosst esc in order to include more racer in that class? I have a KO BMC that I hope to use for the race.
Yellowtaro is offline  
Old 06-21-2011, 07:54 PM
  #15720  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 29
Default

Originally Posted by Yellowtaro
Fred

Could you free up the GT1 esc rule to include ROAR approved non-bosst esc in order to include more racer in that class? I have a KO BMC that I hope to use for the race.
I second that thought!, I have a lrp sphere original no boost ver. i would like to use it for the gt1 race, thx fred.
LAPDOG is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.