Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree824Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 02-26-2011, 01:00 PM
  #15451  
Registered User
iTrader: (20)
 
UltegraSTI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7,171
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

how does 1 identify a new 'cs brush' 540 motor.

R
UltegraSTI is offline  
Old 02-26-2011, 01:25 PM
  #15452  
Tech Master
iTrader: (28)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Orange County
Posts: 1,901
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
how does 1 identify a new 'cs brush' 540 motor.

R
A "CS" (carbon silver) is shown on the side of the brush as you look thru the vent on the side of the can.
madjack is offline  
Old 02-26-2011, 02:34 PM
  #15453  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: In der Black Forest mit der elves
Posts: 273
Default Thumbnail guess

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
how does 1 identify a new 'cs brush' 540 motor.

R
I was gonna say by the way it pulls 2 car lengths on you on the straight, but you've gotten the real answer already.
Tom Slick is offline  
Old 02-26-2011, 06:25 PM
  #15454  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
izzyracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,775
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by swarb
^
http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=58490
ff03 kit form, but probably sold as body only later on.
Thank you... just go the real thing, can't wait to put together a replica.

On another note... You can't beat having your own tamiya racetrack for a few hours.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya Championship Series-photo.jpg  
izzyracer is offline  
Old 02-27-2011, 11:38 AM
  #15455  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: In der Black Forest mit der elves
Posts: 273
Default Your own, personal, racetrack

Originally Posted by izzyracer
Thank you... just go the real thing, can't wait to put together a replica.

On another note... You can't beat having your own tamiya racetrack for a few hours.
Hope you enjoyed it, Iz. Long-range weather says next weekend will be mostly sunny and temps in the 70's. And I have some goodies coming for my FF.
Tom Slick is offline  
Old 02-27-2011, 04:05 PM
  #15456  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
izzyracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,775
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Tom Slick
Hope you enjoyed it, Iz. Long-range weather says next weekend will be mostly sunny and temps in the 70's. And I have some goodies coming for my FF.
oooo... FF03 goodies. I kinda had it with FF03 but hopefully when the CRZ body comes out, my feelings will get renewed! Dying to run some more. c u next week!
izzyracer is offline  
Old 02-27-2011, 10:16 PM
  #15457  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: In der Black Forest mit der elves
Posts: 273
Default Cookies for the FF

Originally Posted by izzyracer
oooo... FF03 goodies. I kinda had it with FF03 but hopefully when the CRZ body comes out, my feelings will get renewed! Dying to run some more. c u next week!
I thought that's what you've got the slammed Subie body on.
I sprung for a new-model Civic body to try, a new rear shock tower, and some drivetrain upgrades. Also have a theory to try out. The CR-Z should be interesting, but at least for now I don't think it has a wing on it. BTW, in real life Honda has said they're going to sell a gasoline-engine-drivetrain-only version without a hybrid system. Don't know if you'd heard that. This version of the car could be the real successor to the old, beloved CR-X.
Tom Slick is offline  
Old 02-28-2011, 08:35 AM
  #15458  
Tech Master
iTrader: (11)
 
mojoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Straight, No Chaser
Posts: 1,995
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Race #161 Weekend Schedule and Rules

Race Program for “TCS Weekend” at “The C” (March 5-6 , 2011)

1. On-road racing will be held at “The Coliseum” in Frederick MD, on both Saturday, March 5th and Sunday, March 6th.

2. Saturday is designated as “TCS Warm Up Day” . Tamiya Championship Series (TCS) race #161 will be held at “The C” on Sunday.

3. Back doors will open at 10:00 A.M. on Saturday, and 9:00 A.M. on Sunday.

4. Registration will close at 12:00 noon on Saturday, and 11:00 A.M. on Sunday.

5. The first heat of qualification will start at 1:00 P.M. on Saturday, and 12 noon on Sunday.

6. The last hour of practice will be “controlled practice” by motor type (silver can or 17.5BL)

7. On Saturday, races will be held for ; TCS classes (ex. F-1, M-chassis, GT1, GT2, etc.) plus 17.5 Spec Touring and 17.5 Open Touring classes. Normal race fees ($15 first class, $10 second class) will apply. All classes will run 3 qualifiers and a main. Drivers will be limited to two (2) entries for the day. A minimum of 5 cars must be entered in a class , by noon or 11:00 A.M. respectively, for that class to be run.

8. On Sunday , only TCS legal cars and classes will be run. TCS entry fee is free. Drivers are limited to entering two (2) classes. Participants are highly encouraged to register for TCS race #161 at www.Tamiyausa.com. Registration will be available at “The C” on race day, but priority will be given to those who have pre-registered on the Tamiyausa website.

9. Pit space, tables, chairs and electrical outlets are provided. Please bring a towel to cover/protect your table top. “The C” is a “no odor” tire compound track. NO PARAGON or OTHER wintergreen based tire treatments allowed. “Tweak” or “Jack” seem to work the best on our asphalt surface.
mojoman is offline  
Old 02-28-2011, 08:59 AM
  #15459  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (3)
 
OSherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: o0O In the FishBowl O0o
Posts: 3,602
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Tom Slick
... BTW, in real life Honda has said they're going to sell a gasoline-engine-drivetrain-only version without a hybrid system. Don't know if you'd heard that. This version of the car could be the real successor to the old, beloved CR-X.
rumor has it a Turbo may be included also

that would be glorious..
OSherman is offline  
Old 02-28-2011, 12:26 PM
  #15460  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
izzyracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,775
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by OSherman
rumor has it a Turbo may be included also

that would be glorious..
That's great, but being hybrid was one big reason getting the car and the sport option was the icing.

Besides, you can still do a 500hp turbo one and still be Eco friendly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhjdi...e_gdata_player
izzyracer is offline  
Old 02-28-2011, 07:36 PM
  #15461  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: In der Black Forest mit der elves
Posts: 273
Default Back to the Honda future

Originally Posted by OSherman
rumor has it a Turbo may be included also

that would be glorious..
Oooooohhhhhhh man...I may have to consider trading in one of my real cars if that happens.
Tom Slick is offline  
Old 02-28-2011, 07:43 PM
  #15462  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: In der Black Forest mit der elves
Posts: 273
Default It was green already

Originally Posted by izzyracer
That's great, but being hybrid was one big reason getting the car and the sport option was the icing.

Besides, you can still do a 500hp turbo one and still be Eco friendly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhjdi...e_gdata_player
I like hybrids well enough, Brother Iz, but gotta admit I was distressed to read in all the car mags that the stock CR-Z is a little soft in the acceleration department. Kinda embarrassing to think my slightly modified Civic EX could outdrag it. And you gotta admit, a "regular" CR-Z that has something like a B18A would be both a quick little monster and naturally eco-friendly, given Honda's current track record of ULEV and SULEV motors. That's why I so deeply, spiritually, abjectly love Hondas.
I looked at that link you put up for the Bisimoto CR-Z, brother. Thanks very much! Very cool looking car, but 500+hp from a 1.5 liter? I'm thinking less pocket rocket, more motor grenade.
Tom Slick is offline  
Old 02-28-2011, 10:10 PM
  #15463  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (11)
 
Kevin CBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: "Racing Budget" is an oxymoron
Posts: 3,984
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Tom Slick
I like hybrids well enough, Brother Iz, but gotta admit I was distressed to read in all the car mags that the stock CR-Z is a little soft in the acceleration department. Kinda embarrassing to think my slightly modified Civic EX could outdrag it. And you gotta admit, a "regular" CR-Z that has something like a B18A would be both a quick little monster and naturally eco-friendly, given Honda's current track record of ULEV and SULEV motors. That's why I so deeply, spiritually, abjectly love Hondas.
I looked at that link you put up for the Bisimoto CR-Z, brother. Thanks very much! Very cool looking car, but 500+hp from a 1.5 liter? I'm thinking less pocket rocket, more motor grenade.
Pull the pin....I mean turn the key and wait to go boom ? Would probably be more like 20K instead of 200K miles on the motor.
Kevin CBR is offline  
Old 03-02-2011, 07:06 PM
  #15464  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: In der Black Forest mit der elves
Posts: 273
Default Varoooom, ping, ping, pffft

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
Pull the pin....I mean turn the key and wait to go boom ? Would probably be more like 20K instead of 200K miles on the motor.
Yeah, I'll admit a tiny little screamer like that would be lots of kinky nasty fun. For about 20K miles, as you say. But replacement engine twelve-packs are too expensive for my schoolteacher blood.
Tom Slick is offline  
Old 03-04-2011, 06:51 AM
  #15465  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (22)
 
f1larry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Buffalo Grove, IL
Posts: 2,269
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Good Luck to everyone this weekend at TCS race #161 at Frederick.

Don't forget TCS race #162 at The Track at Harbor Hobby is next week March 12-13. Practice is Friday March 11th.

This is a top notch track with a great owner. You will enjoy racing at this track.

Hope to see all the regulars from years past at this race.
f1larry is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.