Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 02-06-2011, 08:26 AM
Tech Regular

Default Still grateful

Originally Posted by stitchy
Yeah...about the coupon thing...Steve never taught Jeff how to use that feature on our website
I hear you. And yeah, thanks to all the M-chassis swag I bought from you, I now have a really nice-running, if slightly hefty/fluffy, M06. Just like its owner. Thanks for the little something in the box, too, guys.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Serpent_Gordo
haha, dont forget to check your suspension setting next time lol
Something happened on that run or the one prior to make my car all weird in the esses and inconsistent turning left AND right I went throught the IFS part of my car this morning and not only did I have "reactive" suspension with floppy rocker arm posts, I also had shock ball studs that rotated in an out. Some loctite will fix that. As for speed, that's a different story. I shall be doing some homework.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:36 AM
Tech Regular

Default HSV= Heavily Smooth Velocity

[QUOTE=rtypec;8606510]Good times today at the Tamiya track. First time running an IFS car and it was a blast.

Thanks goes to Mark for shooting the video staring Christian in a blue NSX, Orlando in a white/orange HSV, Tom in a light blue HSV, and a hack in the purple HSV

Yeah, as usual, I was bringing up the rear. And that "hack in the purple HSV" was bloody quick! I was down on power to you guys, even after Rod commented he was starting to lose power. Must mean it's time to clean that 17.5 and oil, maybe discuss timing issues with the experts. Handling was fine, though admittedly the very worn-out MuchMore tires were shot by the end of the run--the outside front actually wore through the cords on the outside and cut through, so they were sacrificed for their very-desirable inserts. Always fun to chase you guys, though.

Stitchy, I ran a curved Lexan wing off a Ferrari F430 (and am eagerly awaiting more of those in your catalog, BTW) and found I had a nice amount of rear downforce, just the slight midcorner push Gordo is commenting on. no corner-exit issues. The HSV has a considerable amount of downforce overall. Reminds me of an EBBRO with a good wing.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:03 PM
Tech Regular

Why is everyone so quiet??? we need to wake up this thread, Granpa needs something to read!!
Old 02-08-2011, 09:49 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hello All, I need some recommendations on fitting a lipo to a TRF415 Chassis. The lipo I have has a smooth bottom so if I tape it down, it still can move in a crash.

I also just purchased a DB01 buggy just so I can try the Tamiya dirt track. Every time I have gone to the track everyone is using the on-road track. Anyone out there use the Tamiya dirt track?
Old 02-08-2011, 06:57 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Buzzerbro
Hello All, I need some recommendations on fitting a lipo to a TRF415 Chassis. The lipo I have has a smooth bottom so if I tape it down, it still can move in a crash.

I also just purchased a DB01 buggy just so I can try the Tamiya dirt track. Every time I have gone to the track everyone is using the on-road track. Anyone out there use the Tamiya dirt track?
I have the TRF415 and the lipo works if its flat, just tape it well, it moves front to back if you tape it wrong, it wont fall out even if it moves front to back, I ran it like that, and its fine. It just gives you weight xfer
Old 02-08-2011, 10:43 PM
Tech Regular

Default There, and unloved

The dirt track is indeed still there at TA, though these days it needs weeding. Again. May be time to get out the rally cars and pretend we're Robert Kubica.

Too soon? (Get well soon, Robert!)

In the old days when LiPo's first came on the scene and no one had bolt-on LiPo trays for 415's, I used to make a very thin "wall" of two rows of servo tape, about 6mm wide, one on top of the other, along the inside of the battery slots to keep my Orion 4800 pack from sliding laterally into the belts and gears. Then it only took two strips of strapping tape to hold it front-to-rear, and it never moved laterally.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:50 PM
Tech Regular

Default Why we secretly hate F1 drivers

OK, all you F1 fans, courtesy Autoweek magazine, here's a link to a fascinating YouTube with Hugh Laurie long before he became "House" channeling the German driver we love to hate.

http://tinyurl.com/AWhouse
Old 02-09-2011, 07:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

You can also use some of the toolbox drawer liner - the thin stuff, which is kind of like a foam rubber. Put that down on the chassis and the battery on top of it, with strapping tape it will never move.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:47 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Serpent_Gordo
I have the TRF415 and the lipo works if its flat, just tape it well, it moves front to back if you tape it wrong, it wont fall out even if it moves front to back, I ran it like that, and its fine. It just gives you weight xfer
Thanks for the tips everyone. I think I will do a combo of the suggestions and use drawer liner under the lipo and servo tape next to the lipo to prevent it from hitting the belt.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:42 AM
Tech Adept

Fluffy, Grandpa's over reading on the Mini thread.... more action over there
Old 02-12-2011, 11:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Laguna Bozo
Fluffy, Grandpa's over reading on the Mini thread.... more action over there
just posted a fable and am stirring the pot a little in the Mini thread. gonna have to get a life.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:20 PM
Tech Regular

Default Noise, vibration, harshness

Hello? Is this thing on? C'mon, guys, let's see some posts.
OK, I'll give you a topic. HSV-010 body for GT2. Discuss.
Old 02-13-2011, 05:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default F1 Rubber at the Coliseum

Steve Hickman (yellow F104) getting ready for the TCS race at the Coliseum, Fredrick, Maryland. The Coliseum is a 100' x 48' very smooth, high grip asphalt track inside the Hobbytown USA in Fredrick, Maryland... clean bathrooms.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 02-13-2011, 07:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default Warm up for TCS @ Harbor Hobby/Illinois

Hurricane All Star Series final race, should be a good warm up for the TCS if you are in driving distance

February 26th-The Track @ Harbor Hobbies in Winthrop Harbor, IL
http://www.harbor-hobby.net/

World Stock Sedan-rules similar to GT1, run your GT1 legal car

Mini-
Mini Cooper
Basic Tamiya TCS rules….
Any Tamiya M03, M05 or M04 chassis car that uses the 60D size tire or smaller.
No chassis lightening allowed.
All M-chassis cars must meet a minimum weight of 1250 grams.
Silver can motors only
Any aftermarket hop up allowed

The House Class (track's choice) for the Final Round at Harbor Hobbies will be Tamiya TCS GT2 class

More info @
http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showthread.php?t=298252
http://www.rctech.net/forum/wisconsi...et-series.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.