Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 01-25-2011, 06:03 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by cvccsi
for those of you running 416x or 417, what body(s) sits flush with either of these chassis?

thanks.
Flush?? not sure, Timmy Valles 2009 National Champion ran a 2005 NSX and It looked pretty good on there and he was running a 416X, so that should be a good body for TCS if not TCS then go with a MazdaSpeed 6
Old 01-25-2011, 06:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rccardr
Pete, no offense intended.

I just find it interesting that after all the hoo-ha about making GT1 a non-speedo/non-motor event, a well respected racer and national champ says that the new GTB has a feel like the LRP (his words, not mine). Since that speedo is now outlawed I felt a request for clarification was reasonable, and appreciate Christian's expanded explanation.
No, you were not trolling in my mind, as my wording it in the first post was a bit misleading.I am glad to clarify it for any TCS or soon coming TCS racer to give them info on how to go faster, the last TCS was one of the funnest I had ever had, we were so close it was like GT-3 last year just faster. Me and Osherman had a very memorable and fun race, and both of us are looking forward to the next TCS for another showdown

P.S
TCS in may or whenever the next one will be a fabulous show be sure to be there, lets just say GT-1 is going to have some more memorable faces. Perhaps more past champs

LETS GO RACING!!!!!
Old 01-25-2011, 06:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Serpent_Gordo
Flush?? not sure, Timmy Valles 2009 National Champion ran a 2005 NSX and It looked pretty good on there and he was running a 416X, so that should be a good body for TCS if not TCS then go with a MazdaSpeed 6
Senor Gordo, I thought Max V stated Timmy V ran a TA05?

I do know one thing, the Porsche 911 body I used was not a good choice
Old 01-25-2011, 06:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking Spec racing! GT-1

Originally Posted by Serpent_Gordo
As in torquey feel Doc, Speed were the same on every ESC though, What I should have stated earlier is that the XBR is the lowest of the Low that you can get with brushless ESC's and like I said it has constant reverse so it is very spec, now the GTB has a more torquey and Crisp feel to it, much more agressive, maybe it was the different profiles because I believe it has 5 or 6 the XBR has 1 forward/reverse. All cars last weekend were between 29-33mph. The GTB isn't like a LRP as in speed wise it just has that crisp clean feel when you get on the throttle that the XBR just doesnt have. When it comes down to it, I think its the driver that needs to hold there own out there, heck I did

like Max says
thats just my 2$
Christian,
Did you and Orlando have your timing turned up on the motor. That is legal in GT-1.? Just asking because I felt turning up the timing in the motor gave the car more top end but lost torque. So I went back to stock settings. I did notice that Tim's car didn't have the top speed that the radar gun showed, maybe a couple of MPH slower but like you said it did pull well out of the corners. Not sure on the ESC setting, because Tim set it up himself but the motor is at least a year old but that motor I ran last year in GT-2 when Boosted timing was legal and that motor always seemed to be the fastest of all my 17.5's. Why, I couldn't tell you, out of all my Novak's that one always seemed to perform a little better. That's when I was running my TB-03, man that was a missle with the Tekin ESC.
Now that is really my 2$
Old 01-25-2011, 08:25 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Tron
Senor Gordo, I thought Max V stated Timmy V ran a TA05?

I do know one thing, the Porsche 911 body I used was not a good choice
Originally Posted by maxepower
Christian,
Did you and Orlando have your timing turned up on the motor. That is legal in GT-1.? Just asking because I felt turning up the timing in the motor gave the car more top end but lost torque. So I went back to stock settings. I did notice that Tim's car didn't have the top speed that the radar gun showed, maybe a couple of MPH slower but like you said it did pull well out of the corners. Not sure on the ESC setting, because Tim set it up himself but the motor is at least a year old but that motor I ran last year in GT-2 when Boosted timing was legal and that motor always seemed to be the fastest of all my 17.5's. Why, I couldn't tell you, out of all my Novak's that one always seemed to perform a little better. That's when I was running my TB-03, man that was a missle with the Tekin ESC.
Now that is really my 2$
Tron last week timmy ran a TA05 but when he won he used a 416x, ya I would get a NSX like me and Timmy ran if not you can try the Ebbro but I find it is only very good on the first run because of new tires, after that the body has too much over steer. Your best bet is an NSX 2005

And max, yes Physical motor timing is legal and you better believe it, mine was cranked up all the way To me the bottom end feels the same, but with that speedo everything does lol. When i ran non boosted with a tekin motor timing didnt make a difference on the bottom but on the top it helped alot
Old 01-26-2011, 12:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccardr
Pete, no offense intended.

I just find it interesting that after all the hoo-ha about making GT1 a non-speedo/non-motor event, a well respected racer and national champ says that the new GTB has a feel like the LRP (his words, not mine). Since that speedo is now outlawed I felt a request for clarification was reasonable, and appreciate Christian's expanded explanation.
However, at the first regional, it was very obvious that there is a difference between speedo / motor combos so it definetly is still about getting the right motor / esc combo to have an advantage. Some had the right motor / esc combo and were quick, others did not.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 129 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Granpa
Lots of M06 minis at the track today. As the day went on they were getting better and better. At the beginning of the day, there were some very good drivers looking like idiots. There was a lot of spinning, dotting, and flipping going on. Not so much at the end of the day. Let's summarize it by saying the m06 can be fast, but it's a work in progress.
I plan to run my M06 this weekend on carpet. Just from inspecting the chassis layout, it should be a mean machine, assuming I can get the spec tires to work. My impressions of the M05, on carpet at least, was that it was easy to drive, but not that fast. the M04m I had was much quicker, even on small tracks were gearing didn't matter.

BTW - what wheel base were people using?
Old 01-26-2011, 03:32 PM
Tech Regular

Hey Christian,
I got a GTB for sale that's only been used once and for you I'll sell it for $65.50! Now that's a deal!
Very funny max veryfunny. Besides what's $65.50 betwenn friendsYou got P.M.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking "In a perfect World" ?

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
However, at the first regional, it was very obvious that there is a difference between speedo / motor combos so it definetly is still about getting the right motor / esc combo to have an advantage. Some had the right motor / esc combo and were quick, others did not.
I can't imagine all systems can be 100% perfectly equal from brand to brand or even when their from the same Mfg.
If Fred put into the equation the Tamiya Brushless systems, I'm sure there will be fast esc's and not so fast esc's. Then what? Will someone say "Oh that guy must be using new batteries or his car has new tires each run or his car is set-up better than mine".
I think you get my drift!
Although!, in FF03 the LRP QC3 did look very fast over the rest!
Just my 2$
Old 01-27-2011, 05:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Wippy I am running the long I saw 3 mids and as of right now I dont see to much of a diff. But then I am still misiing 3 _ 5 tenths somewhere.pm me when you find them. I am not sure how different the tracks will make on the 06. Please advise?
Old 01-28-2011, 04:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 129 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SirSwiftAlot
Wippy I am running the long I saw 3 mids and as of right now I dont see to much of a diff. But then I am still misiing 3 _ 5 tenths somewhere.pm me when you find them. I am not sure how different the tracks will make on the 06. Please advise?
I will let you know if I find something. Without seeing the cars in anger, it is hard to speculate. The M06 is well balanced out of the box, but is a tank. It could be the chassis is too stiff, especially on aspalt. On most indoor tracks, the mid wheel base should be pretty good. Back in the days of the M02, the short cars dominated, but the tracks at TCS back then were more technical and less flowing.

I will let you know this weekend how it handles. I don't have anyone locally to run mini with (haven't for years) so I will probably throw the car in with the VTAs. My M05 was 1sec per lap off their best times. I figure the M06 will be 0.5-0.8 slow, assuming the spec TCS tires hook up. I think they will do ok on carpet, but I nevers liked S-grips on the rear for aslphat (type A's all the way).
Old 01-31-2011, 04:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2CARTEAM
Very funny max veryfunny. Besides what's $65.50 betwenn friendsYou got P.M.
Alex, you have PM.......
Old 01-31-2011, 05:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Good news Orlando! Your GTB 2 will be in soon, probably tomorrow!
Old 02-01-2011, 10:47 PM
Tech Regular

Default There goes the neighborhood

Although!, in FF03 the LRP QC3 did look very fast over the rest!
Just my 2$
Mongo like LRP QC3 for FF. Very good throttle, no heat issues, small footprint. Smaller than the danged SXX I was hanging off the side there with the 21.5 we were practicing with. But as Orlando can testify, no brakes to speak of.

Stitchy--what's a guy gotta do to get a coupon from you guys? My accountant says I gotta stop dipping into my 403(B)(3) for funds to buy RC swag.

And, my friends and foes--Stitchy and Co. are sending me parts to turn an M05 into an M06, so I can play with the big boys. Got a few ideas to try.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tom Slick
Mongo like LRP QC3 for FF. Very good throttle, no heat issues, small footprint. Smaller than the danged SXX I was hanging off the side there with the 21.5 we were practicing with. But as Orlando can testify, no brakes to speak of.

Stitchy--what's a guy gotta do to get a coupon from you guys? My accountant says I gotta stop dipping into my 403(B)(3) for funds to buy RC swag.

And, my friends and foes--Stitchy and Co. are sending me parts to turn an M05 into an M06, so I can play with the big boys. Got a few ideas to try.
Is *that* what you were doing? I thought you bought an M-06 somewhere else

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.