Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree829Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 01-22-2011, 10:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Granpa
Lots of M06 minis at the track today. As the day went on they were getting better and better. At the beginning of the day, there were some very good drivers looking like idiots. There was a lot of spinning, dotting, and flipping going on. Not so much at the end of the day. Let's summarize it by saying the m06 can be fast, but it's a work in progress.
very much indeed... lol.. im surprised my maiden voyage went as well as it did.. very promising platform..
Old 01-23-2011, 02:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

HEY Don't call me an idiot I prefer ignorant fool. M06...........? I am not sure if it will be faster then an 05 or 3. Yes its promising but I think fred needs to give some allowance on that car in order to help getting more out there i.e. body's, 21 tooth pinion ( I know its not made for one but it would work), tires allow B's. Something to help this car become competitive with the 5 and 3. I was running the BMW body and it was pretty good but sure would be nice to run a swift or fiat on it I am not sure which ones would fit due to rear motor tollerances.
Old 01-23-2011, 04:20 PM
Tech Regular

I know no one wants for sale posted here, but its beneficiary to TCS for atleast GT-1. There is this guy selling 2 GTB's one working and one not for $55 bucks. Just thorwing it out there because i know there is a shortage of TCS legal speedos and where can you get better customer support than Novak right?
Anyways here's the link http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...trol-sale.html

The bad speedo can be "rebuilt" basicaly traded for the newest GTB for a $60 dollar charge. The new GTB is a great speedo and I got beat with it last weekend So it must be that much better
Old 01-23-2011, 08:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Come on dude don't post stuff for sale on this thread. Oh BTW Anyone wanna buy an M05

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ml#post8535755

If he can do it so can I Sorry Christian let me back up the bus a few more times. Nice to see ya at the Track saturday.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Cool GTB for sale!

Originally Posted by Serpent_Gordo
I know no one wants for sale posted here, but its beneficiary to TCS for atleast GT-1. There is this guy selling 2 GTB's one working and one not for $55 bucks. Just thorwing it out there because i know there is a shortage of TCS legal speedos and where can you get better customer support than Novak right?
Anyways here's the link http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...trol-sale.html

The bad speedo can be "rebuilt" basicaly traded for the newest GTB for a $60 dollar charge. The new GTB is a great speedo and I got beat with it last weekend So it must be that much better
Hey Christian,
I got a GTB for sale that's only been used once and for you I'll sell it for $65.50! Now that's a deal!
Old 01-23-2011, 09:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Serpent_Gordo
...The new GTB is a great speedo and I got beat with it last weekend So it must be that much better

they werent even available in stores yet.. how did we get beat by one??
Old 01-24-2011, 03:33 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by maxepower
Hey Christian,
I got a GTB for sale that's only been used once and for you I'll sell it for $65.50! Now that's a deal!
LoL, im gonna neeed that back. I don't want to Get beat by it twice, and Orlando what happened is that I had sent mine in and I borrowed Kevins so Timmy wanted to run so Max picked up the new one from Novak and then beat me with my own speedo, and it is a Very good speedo, I felt it was alot faster almost LRP feel to it. You get it from trading in an old one and paying a charge
Old 01-24-2011, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Nice to know that there is No Difference Between Spec Speedos In GT1.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:34 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rccardr
There is when you are using an XBR with nonprogrammable reverse so its has it full time versus a GTB witch is meant for racing
Old 01-25-2011, 04:25 AM
Tech Elite

I felt it was alot faster almost LRP feel to it.
Discuss.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:15 AM
Tech Regular

Discuss.
As in torquey feel Doc, Speed were the same on every ESC though, What I should have stated earlier is that the XBR is the lowest of the Low that you can get with brushless ESC's and like I said it has constant reverse so it is very spec, now the GTB has a more torquey and Crisp feel to it, much more agressive, maybe it was the different profiles because I believe it has 5 or 6 the XBR has 1 forward/reverse. All cars last weekend were between 29-33mph. The GTB isn't like a LRP as in speed wise it just has that crisp clean feel when you get on the throttle that the XBR just doesnt have. When it comes down to it, I think its the driver that needs to hold there own out there, heck I did

like Max says
thats just my 2$
Old 01-25-2011, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Discuss.
Doc, you're borderline trolling here, and I only say "borderline" out of respect.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

For those that are looking to make their FF03s look more "modern," we got some Integra and JAS Motorsports Civic bodies in.

HSV-010 and Miata bodies too!
Old 01-25-2011, 03:14 PM
Tech Addict

for those of you running 416x or 417, what body(s) sits flush with either of these chassis?

thanks.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

Pete, no offense intended.

I just find it interesting that after all the hoo-ha about making GT1 a non-speedo/non-motor event, a well respected racer and national champ says that the new GTB has a feel like the LRP (his words, not mine). Since that speedo is now outlawed I felt a request for clarification was reasonable, and appreciate Christian's expanded explanation.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.