Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 01-19-2011, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Tron
Craig, that is what happens sometimes in racing. You don't need to change classes or anything, that's crazy talk.

I'm not sure why this one racing incident was being singled out as such an atrocity. It happens on the track in every form of racing, on/off/dirt/oval whatever.

There were way worse racing incidents than that all weekend.

Chin up, buck up and get back in the game man.
yup, i know i've recieved plenty of lickens in my day.. time and time and time and again.. just part of the game unfortunately.. keep practicing.. with us..

our power trains are partly to blame even if you tried to stomp the jammers.. no lie.. next time you pull the trigger off the line, try braking in that same corner.. not much on the b-pedal at all with the silver cans from jump.. especially when you gotta worry about getting collected in the rear at the same time..

not making excuses, just stating facts..
Old 01-19-2011, 08:29 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Tron
Craig, that is what happens sometimes in racing. You don't need to change classes or anything, that's crazy talk.

I'm not sure why this one racing incident was being singled out as such an atrocity. It happens on the track in every form of racing, on/off/dirt/oval whatever.

There were way worse racing incidents than that all weekend.

Chin up, buck up and get back in the game man.
Craig,
I know how it feels, I was in 3rd place in the GT2 A Main and I am right there with Kevin and Alex and this Silver Gariyia TB03 comes back onto the track in the esses (probably 2 laps down) and punts me back into the carousel and my day is done!!! of course the 1st and 2nd place cars get thru and I am lying out there in the carousel like a dead Armour Della with all four wheels pointing to heaven and I figure why not and keep the tradition going just like a "Mini" I keep the throttle wide open till a turn marshal gets done smoking a cig to get to my car? "OH WELL I TRAVEL 3,000 MILES FOR THE WEEKEND THAT'S RACING!!!
sh
Old 01-19-2011, 09:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Cool

Originally Posted by hickmeister
Craig,
I know how it feels, I was in 3rd place in the GT2 A Main and I am right there with Kevin and Alex and this Silver Gariyia TB03 comes back onto the track in the esses (probably 2 laps down) and punts me back into the carousel and my day is done!!! of course the 1st and 2nd place cars get thru and I am lying out there in the carousel like a dead Armour Della with all four wheels pointing to heaven and I figure why not and keep the tradition going just like a "Mini" I keep the throttle wide open till a turn marshal gets done smoking a cig to get to my car? "OH WELL I TRAVEL 3,000 MILES FOR THE WEEKEND THAT'S RACING!!!
sh
Hey Steve, I was punted and punted again when I finally touched doors with you. I was about a 1/2 lap back in all reality, but that is racing.
EBR
Old 01-19-2011, 09:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Default s**t happens

ok boys lets load up the waaaaaambulance its over lets move on
Old 01-20-2011, 06:44 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the interest guys, including from Brandon who wasn't even there...
RC car racing is such a great hobby!

At the risk of boring Whiner too much, I wasn't SO bummed about breaking the First Rule of racing. He slipped out, lost a lot of momentum, I hit him. We've all done that trick before (except our Cuda of course). But the Second Rule (aren't there ONLY two?), about stopping to let your victim regain his position in front of you, that was my bad and the reason for my intense apology.

Fred, I guess we need the Penalty Box back! ( So Christian and I can hang out more. ) Here, you can use my soapbox... I'm done with it for awhile.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I never heard an apology from dude from seatlle in his M04 when he rammed it in my ass at nationals in 09. Its no biggy Craig!! If I was really that mad I would have stopped racing. But guess what? I love this hobby I love tamiya and there support. I dont always agree with the rules but hell you cant please all. So I give you permission to move on. In fact if I get a chance I will do the same so you dont have to take flack anymore
Old 01-21-2011, 08:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tom Slick
It's all good Steve. I do concur that if Tamiya will market some new bodies, of which the new Civic Si will be the vanguard, then FF will be even better looking--even if I'm not.
Good to see you out here battling. I am even now girding my loins for GT2 as we speak, would enjoy chasing you round for a few laps.
The Civic looks good, and more bodies along that line will definitely see the class gain more momentum

as for chasing me around for a few laps, well, with the new qualifying format, we can battle, take a break, have some tea on the driver's stand, talk about the Aliso Viejo weather, and then go again for another five laps before 5 minutes is up not sure when I can make it out for a saturday practice or even make the next regional or nats
Old 01-21-2011, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by teamstrc
.... well, with the new qualifying format, we can battle, take a break, have some tea on the driver's stand, talk about the Aliso Viejo weather, and then go again for another five laps before 5 minutes is up not sure when I can make it out for a saturday practice or even make the next regional or nats

that is actually an interesting concept... instead of qualifying heats... change to qualifying sessions.. move tech inspection to entrance ramp of drivers stand and police the number of people on the stand at one time.. give a limit on allowed laps-at-a-time while on the stand.. it is up to the driver to get his laps in during that session.. two or three 'sessions' before the mains.. kinda like 'controlled practice' but transponders are live, and counting..
Old 01-21-2011, 09:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OSherman
that is actually an interesting concept... instead of qualifying heats... change to qualifying sessions.. move tech inspection to entrance ramp of drivers stand and police the number of people on the stand at one time.. give a limit on allowed laps-at-a-time while on the stand.. it is up to the driver to get his laps in during that session.. two or three 'sessions' before the mains.. kinda like 'controlled practice' but transponders are live, and counting..
Odude,
You need to come race F1 with us.
We have done all types of interesting qualifying.

We had 10 minute qualifiers with the field broken into 2 heats to determine A and B mains for the 1st of the 3 rounds of mains.
Each main then became the basis for the next rounds resort.
During that 10 minute qualifying session, to determine fastest single lap, you could run as many laps as you like with the "loop" being live.
You could leave and re enter the session as often as you like.
I would personally run sprint laps til my peak lap times were reached, go pit and clean tires (foams at this time), re dope em then return and try again with success on several occassions.
Great fun and just like the real deal F1.

We have since set the time limit to 2 minutes and also limit the field to 5 cars at a time then launch em IFMAR style to determine fast lap for the 1st of 3 rounds of mains.
Also great fun.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

Sounds like fun time Cuda... awesome..

on a side note.. if anyone has a set of the Spec Mini Tires they would like to sell, bring them to the track tomorrow?

gracias.
Old 01-21-2011, 03:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Orlando I have a aet but they are mounted on the white rims and have about 4 runs on em. I will bring em if you can't find another set.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SirSwiftAlot
Orlando I have a aet but they are mounted on the white rims and have about 4 runs on em. I will bring em if you can't find another set.

hopefully i can get this body painted tonite.. HPI Datsun 510

does Tamiya make a body similar?
Old 01-22-2011, 10:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Just wanted to post a heads up for everyone.

The TCS race at "The Track" in Winthrop Harbor is actually a two day (sat & sun) race March 12 & 13. I just spoke to Eric at The Track and he confirmed the race dates. This makes it a whole lot more fun being a two day race and well worth the travel.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

CONGRATULATIONS to all the podium finishers last week. Sounds like it was wonderfull weather and a great event.

I wish I was there to help kick-off the 2011 season. Sometimes snow just plain sucks...

I am planning to join you all in August. So much practice and testing to be done in the next months.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

Lots of M06 minis at the track today. As the day went on they were getting better and better. At the beginning of the day, there were some very good drivers looking like idiots. There was a lot of spinning, dotting, and flipping going on. Not so much at the end of the day. Let's summarize it by saying the m06 can be fast, but it's a work in progress.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.