Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 01-18-2011, 01:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lbckevin
Great video Rod...

Any more videos....Love to see the GT1, F1, and GT2 mains.
I know the F1 will be on youtube but not sure what it will be called.
It was Michael Monaghan's dad that taped it and said he will "tube" it.

He joked and said he was gonna call it " 'Cuda gets 2nd again, this time at the 2011 TCS Regionals".
Old 01-18-2011, 07:40 PM
Tech Regular

Default Harassment just another service I offer

Originally Posted by teamstrc
Actually, yours, Rods and Kevins all looked great, but what I was referring to is hopefully we'll see more current models of body for FF03, because then I might be able to recognize some of them Harsh words? nah, after years of just saying "good Job Tamiya, great TCS event" after each TCS round for the past 10 years, I like to start giving out "constructive comments" on a regular basis now
It's all good Steve. I do concur that if Tamiya will market some new bodies, of which the new Civic Si will be the vanguard, then FF will be even better looking--even if I'm not.
Good to see you out here battling. I am even now girding my loins for GT2 as we speak, would enjoy chasing you round for a few laps.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Red face TCS RESULTS!

When is Tamiya going to post results?
I'm still confused on how I ended up in the "B" in mini?
I understand all the best 5 lap deal but is it the best in each heat or does it look at every lap in both heats and picks the fastest 5 laps. If that is true I can't figure out what went wrong. It's very confusing? I know what you need to do but you really can't gage where your at so you can determine how much you have to push your car to get the necessary times. Enough said about that!
I wanted to say regardless of format Fred once again a top notch race. Everything ran smoothly and all done before dark.
Very entertaining mains especially Orlando and Christian in GT-1.
Of coarse there was no challenge for 1st because the two of them battling let Tim pull away. He wanted to slow down to make it a 3 car race but Fred wouldn't let him. I know it would have made an interesting challenge but if you don't give the competition your best then what's the point of racing!
Interesting note that Tim running my TA-05 V2 was not a handycap against 416's,417's or TA05-MS, which are all carbon fiber chassis.
I guess at linear speeds with 17.5, it really is about driving skills!
Now back to our regularly scheduled programs!
Just my 2$
Old 01-18-2011, 09:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maxepower
I'm still confused on how I ended up in the "B" in mini?
I understand all the best 5 lap deal but is it the best in each heat or does it look at every lap in both heats and picks the fastest 5 laps. If that is true I can't figure out what went wrong. It's very confusing? I know what you need to do but you really can't gage where your at so you can determine how much you have to push your car to get the necessary times. Enough said about that!
I wanted to say regardless of format Fred once again a top notch race. Everything ran smoothly and all done before dark.
Very entertaining mains especially Orlando and Christian in GT-1.
Of coarse there was no challenge for 1st because the two of them battling let Tim pull away. He wanted to slow down to make it a 3 car race but Fred wouldn't let him. I know it would have made an interesting challenge but if you don't give the competition your best then what's the point of racing!
Interesting note that Tim running my TA-05 V2 was not a handycap against 416's,417's or TA05-MS, which are all carbon fiber chassis.
Just my 2$
Here Max
http://www.tamiyausa.com/tcs_races/l...0resultsv2.pdf
Old 01-18-2011, 09:27 PM
Tech Champion

Hey Max,
It was based on your best 5 laps from your best heat. No combo stuff to figure out.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up M06

Originally Posted by OSherman
anyone have any tips for the M06Pro in general?

i would assume you would want to build the diff as 'free flowing and smooth' as possible for RWD.. unlike the thick-packed slow-rotating diffs some assemble for the M03 and M05 FWD.
Orlando - I started with the stock setup and I thought it was fairly good. I added the ball diff (M-05 version) and the CVDs. The rear end needs to be a little softer than what it is stock, and I will be playing with the droop to get the car balanced in the esses.

I drove with the swift body and it was good, but no good for racing (as it is illegal). Then the Miata, but it reminded me of my M04 days and I starting getting things all wrong. I bought the Alfa body from Speedtech (shameless plug for Jeff) and I am looking forward to running it. I'll let you know. If you can look at Mark's M06 (hope I didn't do a fuax paux) his set up was really solid.

See ya, EBR
Old 01-18-2011, 10:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default TCS Visual

Hey Guys,
Some of my photos...

Cheers!
Marcos

Old 01-18-2011, 11:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

to build or not to build the M06Pro?.. that is the question
Yes you should !!!

And you dont want your diff tight cuz its gonna yank outta da corner anyways, but to loose and you will lag so you want to go with a gear diff with regular grease inside or adjustable ball diff.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya Championship Series-m06-9.jpg   Tamiya Championship Series-m06-6.jpg   Tamiya Championship Series-m06-1.jpg  
Old 01-19-2011, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SirSwiftAlot
Yes you should !!!

And you dont want your diff tight cuz its gonna yank outta da corner anyways, but to loose and you will lag so you want to go with a gear diff with regular grease inside or adjustable ball diff.
yes.. the hobbyist in me set in.. 5 hours later the tub of this lil beast is assembled.. suspension bits go on today. nice lil kit. i like the update over previous M-series.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by maxepower

Just my 2$
Definitely driving skills! Tim was fast, I wish I had raced the B Main so I could have watched all the racing in the A Main instead!!!
Old 01-19-2011, 08:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

yes.. the hobbyist in me set in.. 5 hours later the tub of this lil beast is assembled.. suspension bits go on today. nice lil kit. i like the update over previous M-series.
I posted some more pics on the M06 thread check em out. Good luck
Old 01-19-2011, 05:24 PM
Tech Adept

Default Apology

Kevin,
I had to go out of town for a couple of days, which gave me time to watch the race video again (and again... and again...). I was appalled at the terrible and selfish way I raced you. There are no excuses for such behavior. I totally lost it, and was a complete jerk. I couldn't have blamed you for a good bop in the head, but luckily you are way too much a gentleman.
This will never happen again, Kevin, I promise it. I am not going to race again in FWD with you skilled drivers, because I am not to be trusted when the "red race fog" can take over so easily. If the Mini drivers will allow it, I will try to re-earn some respect with them.
I apologize to you, to Tamiya, and to all my racing friends.
Kevin, I am very, very, VERY sorry
Craig
Old 01-19-2011, 05:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Laguna Bozo
Kevin,
I had to go out of town for a couple of days, which gave me time to watch the race video again (and again... and again...). I was appalled at the terrible and selfish way I raced you. There are no excuses for such behavior. I totally lost it, and was a complete jerk. I couldn't have blamed you for a good bop in the head, but luckily you are way too much a gentleman.
This will never happen again, Kevin, I promise it. I am not going to race again in FWD with you skilled drivers, because I am not to be trusted when the "red race fog" can take over so easily. If the Mini drivers will allow it, I will try to re-earn some respect with them.
I apologize to you, to Tamiya, and to all my racing friends.
Kevin, I am very, very, VERY sorry
Craig
Craig, that is what happens sometimes in racing. You don't need to change classes or anything, that's crazy talk.

I'm not sure why this one racing incident was being singled out as such an atrocity. It happens on the track in every form of racing, on/off/dirt/oval whatever.

There were way worse racing incidents than that all weekend.

Chin up, buck up and get back in the game man.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:52 PM
Tech Champion

Aw man, I watched the video too.

Pretty sure we've all "touched" another car during tight racing. (not me tho )

Are you sure that wasn't on the same level as an NBA flop?
You know, when you barely bump a guy and he goes flying across the court in order to draw a foul?

Nah, really, happens all the time and it just sucks to be the guy on the receiving end.
Also sucks to be the guy that caused it too, what can you do but apologize like Craig did.
He admitted that it was a Bozo no no.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Peel 'em all, let God sort 'em out

Better yet, a famous quote from the pits at the 1999 Carpet Nationals between A Mains:
"You have NO FRIENDS in stock motor racing, dude" LOL

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.