Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 01-13-2011, 08:17 PM
Tech Adept

Default Qualifying

Wow! Just like Parking Lot racing in the 90's, where this boy was weened...
Old 01-13-2011, 09:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eComet
Hi, I have two brnad NIB unpainted bodies I would like to trade for either painted or unpainted Tamiya 2004 NSX Body Set. They are:

1. Tamiya 51292 Tamiya Ebbro 350R Body Set
2. Tamiya 84065 Lightweight 2007 Raybrig NSX Body Set

I bought them intended for GT2 but this year the rule forbids them. And unfortunately, both can't be fit to my TRF416X for GT1 either.

If anyone wants to trade, please PM me. I really want to run NSX for GT1. Best if we can meet this Saturday at Tamiya Track at Aliso Viejo for the trade.

Thanks.
You got PM
Old 01-13-2011, 10:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FMW
Hi guys,

As Tim pointed out we did intend for the Mini Spec tires to be used on all surfaces. We understand they generate a lot of grip, but everyone will have to set up their car a little differently. If for some reason the tires turn out to be rotten, which I highly doubt, we will adjust for 2012 on carpet tracks.

On another note. I want to try something different for the kick off TCS regional this weekend. Now before everyone gets their feathers plucked, hear me out. RC Scoring Pro (The Official Timing and Scoring Software of the TCS Series) has a cool Pro feature that allows a race director to resort racers in different ways. The traditional way is to take your total laps/time to set up round 2. The second way is single fast lap and the 3rd way is by taking the average of your 5 fastest laps in your 5 minute race.
We have sent an email out to all the pre-registered racers about the heads up starts and the event details. I know some like heads up starts and some not so much. But really!!! Do we want boring IFMAR qualifying? That's no fun. Heads up starts it will allow you guys to better learn how to race head to head and practice standing starts. Trust me! It will make you guys better racers, but maybe not better friends. By using the 5 lap average of your race it kind of throws out the "opps" factor if you got a bad start or if Max, Izzy, Rod or Orlando took you out.

DISCUSS

FM
Although regretfully I will not be on the coast this weekend, heads up and fast lap average sounds awesome, I hope this is something that gets implemented across the board, IFMAR sucks
Old 01-14-2011, 06:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smyka
hey guys have a quick question we have a tcs race in CT next weekend and we will be running on carpet has anyone tryed the C tires yet and if so what inserts did you run with them ?

thanks
mark smyka
What is the part number for the C tires?
Old 01-14-2011, 07:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by minidriver
54256 Type C Med-Narrow for Carpet
Old 01-14-2011, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Laguna Bozo
Wow! Just like Parking Lot racing in the 90's, where this boy was weened...

i miss those days.. Heads Up please..
Old 01-14-2011, 10:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by minidriver
Eric at The Track@ Harbor Hobby has some on the wall...
Old 01-14-2011, 12:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

What time will the Tamiya track be open on Saturday?
Old 01-14-2011, 02:02 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello everyone,

A few notes:

1. A big thanks to Don and Lee Passehl, David Bird, Mark H. Steve H. Tim and Max V. for prepping and cleaning up the track this morning. These guys really make my job easier

2. The track will be open Saturday between 8-5. Power/tables and chairs are already set to go.

3. We have one spot in the pits that must remain clear of any use. It's the concrete bench with no seat. We need this section as it is reserved for our guests that need the spot to accomodate their wheel chair.

4. I will be conducting some test races to see how the 5 consecutive lap scoring scheme works. Bring your personal transponders if you want in on the test

We'll see everyone this Saturday and Sunday. It should be a fun race!!!

FM
Old 01-14-2011, 05:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Fred
are the rules flexible depending on host site ?

[QUOTE=rccardr;8481741]- People are asking, so I will too: will the TCS race at The C adhere to the 2011 TCS silver can rules (17.5K RPM@ 7.2 volts), will we go back to the guidelines used in 2010 (15K RPM @ 5 volts), or will it be an Open Motor event like Memphis?

this is from my local thread
Old 01-14-2011, 08:33 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Casey,

I'd really like to keep the RPM method test consistent between all the sites since the equipement used is the same or close to it. We truly believe the method we are trying is consistent. However, the number that we have in the rules now is open to revisit. I think this weekends race at TA should prove or disprove if we need to adjust the number.

Let's see what happens this weekend

FM
Old 01-15-2011, 12:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

So it was the night before TCS (ok, two nights before) and I decided since I wasn't going to make it out to practice tomorrow (work work work always get in the way of play play play), I might as well work on the equipment and the car a bit tonight :

Body painted, check (yes K.Cole is one color with very carefully placed decals)
car runs forward, check (oh yes, it has gone the other direction before )
Car turns, check (right is right, left is left...yes, yes, it has)
Spec tires, checked glue (oh, you never know )

now, the two silver cans I got...open one of them up (its like the feeling you get with lotto scratchers), put it on the motor checker real quick: 15,700...not bad. The other one, 14,700 roll up the sleeves and put some work into them, the 14,700 became a 16,600 (I can live with that) and the 15,700 after all the H2O I wasted in breaking it in, it stayed at 15,700 (I think this one just went to bed early)

These are both of the "CS" brushes, weren't we suppose to get like 17,499 right out of the box with these? I think I have bad water... or bad technique...oh well, so what if I'm down about 1000 rpm
Old 01-15-2011, 05:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FMW
Casey,

I'd really like to keep the RPM method test consistent between all the sites since the equipement used is the same or close to it. We truly believe the method we are trying is consistent. However, the number that we have in the rules now is open to revisit. I think this weekends race at TA should prove or disprove if we need to adjust the number.

Let's see what happens this weekend

FM
I agree, one rule for all sites.
Old 01-15-2011, 06:41 AM
Tech Regular

Any live coverage at the race??
Old 01-15-2011, 10:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hope the track was good today I won't be able to make it tomorrow. Good luck to all those racing. I will think of you guys when I am slaving away on a jobsite. Damn I wish I could be there. OH well someone please post results tomorrow night. Have fun

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.