Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 01-12-2011, 11:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by KELVIN KHNG
Hi FMW

Does the type S tires rule apply to the mini on carpet tracks as well?

Tim Ski
Old 01-12-2011, 01:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maxepower
Gee,
I remember buying Reedy tire warmers when Associated moved from Costa Mesa. They sold them for $5 for a set. There was boxes of them and they couldn't give them away!
Granted their not top of the line but they do work. They were amazing when it was cold the past few weeks. It was nice have instant traction right from the start. Guess, we won't need them this weekend. Or maybe in the early morning or late evening, if at all.
Unless it happened two months ago when I started I missed the sale
Old 01-12-2011, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KELVIN KHNG
Hi FMW

Does the type S tires rule apply to the mini on carpet tracks as well?
The Mini tires work great on carpet. You just need to set up your car right. I think the non spec tire allowance is only for the GT cars on Carpet. The mini spec tire rule is for all surfaces. If there was an exception it would be in the rules just like the GT rules. Just my interpretation.

If that is not the case leave the mini spec tires in the rules for all tracks.
Old 01-12-2011, 04:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Thank you Larry and Tim... I guess I have got to get my hands on those spec tires...
Old 01-12-2011, 05:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation RE: Tire warmers!

Originally Posted by Tron
Unless it happened two months ago when I started I missed the sale
This was like 2 or three years ago when Associated moved!
The weather here is So.Cal. is so plesant most of the time I rarely use them.
I think this weekend will be no exception! It's suppose to be 72. on Sunday and Sat. will be 74F.
Old 01-12-2011, 05:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I would like to know how the B3 spec tire set-up differs from the B3 Muchmore pink insert set-up for the 17.5 TA05's before I get to the track. Any help or insight would be appreciated.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:02 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Hi guys,

As Tim pointed out we did intend for the Mini Spec tires to be used on all surfaces. We understand they generate a lot of grip, but everyone will have to set up their car a little differently. If for some reason the tires turn out to be rotten, which I highly doubt, we will adjust for 2012 on carpet tracks.

On another note. I want to try something different for the kick off TCS regional this weekend. Now before everyone gets their feathers plucked, hear me out. RC Scoring Pro (The Official Timing and Scoring Software of the TCS Series) has a cool Pro feature that allows a race director to resort racers in different ways. The traditional way is to take your total laps/time to set up round 2. The second way is single fast lap and the 3rd way is by taking the average of your 5 fastest laps in your 5 minute race.
We have sent an email out to all the pre-registered racers about the heads up starts and the event details. I know some like heads up starts and some not so much. But really!!! Do we want boring IFMAR qualifying? That's no fun. Heads up starts it will allow you guys to better learn how to race head to head and practice standing starts. Trust me! It will make you guys better racers, but maybe not better friends. By using the 5 lap average of your race it kind of throws out the "opps" factor if you got a bad start or if Max, Izzy, Rod or Orlando took you out.

DISCUSS

FM
Old 01-12-2011, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Fast lap just like in japan
Old 01-12-2011, 06:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JasonC
Fast lap just like in japan
Not anymore....
Old 01-12-2011, 07:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Serpent_Gordo
Not anymore....
Ok then how ever its done in japan
Old 01-12-2011, 07:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by lbckevin
What time will the track open on Saturday ?

I got time off from my sponsor to come and practice...Thanks Danny !
See you at tcs
Old 01-12-2011, 07:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Heads up start one vote yes

Average 5 fastest resort one vote yes

Fred,

You make a very good point about learning to race with each other and the 5 lap average taking out the oops factor. Can hardly wait.

If it works out as well as it should this weekend, will this become the norm for all TCS races this year?

Checking my email now...
Old 01-12-2011, 08:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 414MPH
Heads up start one vote yes

Average 5 fastest resort one vote yes

Fred,

You make a very good point about learning to race with each other and the 5 lap average taking out the oops factor. Can hardly wait.

If it works out as well as it should this weekend, will this become the norm for all TCS races this year?

Checking my email now...
Me and Von Max ( daughter's boyfriend) agree with Marty MPH.

Heads up and fast 5 laps.

IFMAR is a bore even if it is the most field leveling way to go.

After round 2 will it still be the fastest 5 laps in one heat or combined from 2 heats?
Old 01-12-2011, 09:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I'm all for heads up start....heck, lets do super cross style. However, I can just hear the wave of complaining after round 1, so I'm bringing my noise canceling headset in preparation.

I'm good either way, IFMAR or heads up, lets just make sure it stays the same for both rounds
Old 01-12-2011, 10:14 PM
Tech Master

Exclamation Just my 2$

Originally Posted by FMW
Hi guys,

As Tim pointed out we did intend for the Mini Spec tires to be used on all surfaces. We understand they generate a lot of grip, but everyone will have to set up their car a little differently. If for some reason the tires turn out to be rotten, which I highly doubt, we will adjust for 2012 on carpet tracks.

On another note. I want to try something different for the kick off TCS regional this weekend. Now before everyone gets their feathers plucked, hear me out. RC Scoring Pro (The Official Timing and Scoring Software of the TCS Series) has a cool Pro feature that allows a race director to resort racers in different ways. The traditional way is to take your total laps/time to set up round 2. The second way is single fast lap and the 3rd way is by taking the average of your 5 fastest laps in your 5 minute race.
We have sent an email out to all the pre-registered racers about the heads up starts and the event details. I know some like heads up starts and some not so much. But really!!! Do we want boring IFMAR qualifying? That's no fun. Heads up starts it will allow you guys to better learn how to race head to head and practice standing starts. Trust me! It will make you guys better racers, but maybe not better friends. By using the 5 lap average of your race it kind of throws out the "opps" factor if you got a bad start or if Max, Izzy, Rod or Orlando took you out.

DISCUSS

FM
I don't have a problem with heads up starting as long as it's not based on what place you finished in your heat. If it's only the 5 fastest laps in 5 minutes. This way it shouldn't matter if you got the pick of the draw in the 10th spot which can be a disadvantage.
Your first lap won't be pretty having to go around the slower cars in front of you, so front positions will still have an advantage from the beginning.
Don't forget that your 5 fastest laps will most likely be early in the run because the battery will be at maximum charge.
For example in Japan, using the 1 fastest lap qualifying, racers would actually slow down to put space between the cars in front of them, just before they crossed the start finish line they gunned it and tried to do their fastest lap before the battery started to drop as the race went on! Not to say your 5 fastest laps can't be towards the end of the run but a fully charge battery in the beginning is more likely to be the norm once the qualifying is done!
I hope this all makes sense to you Fred!!!
This could make quaifying a bit strange seeing cars slow down than speed up, then slow down again to put space between each other.
Very strange!!!!
Like I said just my 2$

Last edited by maxepower; 01-12-2011 at 10:24 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.