Old 03-05-2005, 05:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

WD40 is fine.
Old 03-06-2005, 12:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by RC Driver Gary
So my wife and I are sitting here watching "How Clean is your House", and they're doing a house around SoCal... And they go thru one of the rooms and there's an LST sitting on the floor and then...There it was...A maroon and white Toyota MRS TA-04SS with Tamiya USA stickers on it. They guy's name was Michael and he looked like he could have been a member of TAOB... Anyone want to fess up? LOL
Just the fact that you are watching this show is *beep* *beep* *beep* jas kidding.

Michael? I don't know anybody named Michael in the team? Unless Chris has a secret we don't know...
Old 03-06-2005, 11:23 AM
Tech Champion

I was working on an article and my wife was watcing it in the same room. I just happened to look up and saw the LST so I watched for a sec, then I saw the 04SS. It looks identical to the one in the Speedtech banner ad on Steve's site, maroon with the window decals and all.
Old 03-06-2005, 01:10 PM
Tech Elite

Talking

Man, now you got me curious too... the maroon one is Chris' car, but I think he sold that to somebody already!? Hmmm, interesting...
Old 03-06-2005, 01:21 PM
Tech Champion

It wasn't Chris..I know what his ugly mug looks like
Old 03-06-2005, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the INFO Gary... I just found out it's Michael Tran... adopted TAOB last year! Dang, we just went National TV!
Old 03-06-2005, 06:35 PM
Tech Champion

The episode is called "Wildlife Wasteland" if anyone wants to see if they can get it on re-runs. Its supposed to be on tomorrow @ 11pm et/pt. Here's the description:

Amy and Michale have taken over the lovely home where she grew up and turned it into a wildlife wasteland. While volunteering at a wildlife rescue station they fell in love with six homeless Chinchillas. Their once pristine living room seemed like the answer at the time ? now it stinks to high heavens! Kim and Aggie have a solution that will turn their house back into a home and create a safe and clean habitat for their beloved wild friends. Starring: Kim Woodburn, Aggie Mackenzie [CC] [TV-PG NONE]

Something to be proud of...well, not really

Last edited by RC Driver Gary; 03-06-2005 at 06:45 PM.
Old 03-07-2005, 06:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Has anyone tried running a rear shock tower on the front of their EvoIII SL?? Any comments and better yet, is that TCS legal??

I know a lot of people used to do this trick on their TC3's - but wanted to try this on my Evo

Thanks
Old 03-07-2005, 09:36 AM
Tech Champion

I would think it is not legal. Rule 5 reads:

Any Tamiya Hop-Op Option and spare part is allowed as long as it is used in the way it was designed, and on the vehicle it was designed for. Except for the GT1 class, it is strictly forbidden to cut, mill or lighten the chassis. It is strictly forbidden to re-engineer or modify the cars in any way other than with Tamiya Hop-Ups. (This applies to all classes)

rule 11: Any modification not called out specifically in these rules is not legal.

And my favorite, rule 17: If a driver finds a loophole within the rules, that exploitation will be deemed illegal.

It was intended for a rear component, not a front.
Old 03-07-2005, 12:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally posted by RC Driver Gary
I would think it is not legal. Rule 5 reads:

Any Tamiya Hop-Op Option and spare part is allowed as long as it is used in the way it was designed, and on the vehicle it was designed for. Except for the GT1 class, it is strictly forbidden to cut, mill or lighten the chassis. It is strictly forbidden to re-engineer or modify the cars in any way other than with Tamiya Hop-Ups. (This applies to all classes)

rule 11: Any modification not called out specifically in these rules is not legal.

And my favorite, rule 17: If a driver finds a loophole within the rules, that exploitation will be deemed illegal.

It was intended for a rear component, not a front.
damn.
Old 03-07-2005, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally posted by eeyan
Okay, now to find a chassis to mount my F1 body (maybe Christian is my best bet)... are clear paint jobs legal??? I'm going for the futuristic spacecraft look...
Eeyan, I already tried the clear paint job. It was just to hard to mask off so i gave up on it.

Now for the real challenge. At Fremont this last weekend, I picked up Concourse wins in F1 with the '95 Tyrrell Yamaha 023 on a F201 A body, GT-2 with the 5-color waving flag (Bimmer style) on the NSX, and in GT-1 (on Terence's 415) with the flaming 350Z. Three in one event, top that. So watcha got for June in F201 ? I already have all the goodies. Just need to decide if another old school F1, or a current version. Pictures will be available once Josh sends the j-pegs to me. Are you up to the challenge.

Oh yeah, and I made A main in GT-2 and F201 so a pretty good Sunday overall.

BTW - Ling had Herbie with him and was asking if you and Mia where there.

CoBroRa / TAOB
Old 03-07-2005, 02:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Hi do you have pics of the cars ? i would like to see them the flag sounds like it could be nice.
Old 03-07-2005, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

Little Zen from Royal Rumble was racing also and took lots of pics. Once he sends the j-pegs, I will post them.

CoBroRa / TAOB
Old 03-07-2005, 03:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Kevin CBR
Now for the real challenge. At Fremont this last weekend, I picked up Concourse wins in F1 with the '95 Tyrrell Yamaha 023 on a F201 A body, GT-2 with the 5-color waving flag (Bimmer style) on the NSX, and in GT-1 (on Terence's 415) with the flaming 350Z. Three in one event, top that.
My own body detailing column, and numerous front page and article exposures in Japan, North America and Europe? Jas kidding Kevin... I'm so happy for you, glad all your hardwork is finally paying off. I really love that Bimmer theme on the NSX... One thing is for sure... NorCal TCS racers probably have the worst painters in all regions (okay, I'm going to be flamed now... jas kidding guys).
Old 03-07-2005, 04:38 PM
Tech Elite

Little Zen took tons of picyures, literally. I will post some up of all three body sets when he sends me the j-pegs. Now I have to come up with some new ones for the June qualifier at Tamiya.

CoBroRa / TAOB

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.