Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Colorado Onroad Racin'

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Jay Lee - Bull Dog is correct. We (I) currently have all the stuff for running the races. AMB, Computer, House Transponders, Barriers, Trailer, PA, Sprayer, Blowers, Tent......Numbers (even though I'm not sure why we use them any more)

We are looking mainly at fair grounds, as they are reasonably priced and have the square footage to set it up. Talk with Troy and he can get you all the info. We still need a few more $500 donations for the carpet and legal, as well as more members. If you want me to add you name to the list pm me with name, phone and e-mail.

Thanks
Mark
Old 08-23-2007, 06:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jay Lee Downing
Yeah, great to hear from you guys too. Gary told me where to go.
I won't be able to make it this weekend, but Ill ride down with you guys next Sunday.

It would be nice to have a carpet track location somewhere between Fort Collins and Denver.
Jay Lee, glad to see you here. I think the club is the way to go. We need to legitimize our sport and take it to the next level in Colorado.

You will like the racing action at HTW, not to mention there are a bunch of good guys there. Fun times for sure.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Smile

hey! new place to chat. grenade i have a question for you, you mentioned that the drivers stand you got from htl was broke or destroyed? do you have it,can it be repaired? i have a shop at my home with many (fix it up) tools available as well as the space! let me know i would be glad to help.
erik b.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by burkett
hey! new place to chat. grenade i have a question for you, you mentioned that the drivers stand you got from htl was broke or destroyed? do you have it,can it be repaired? i have a shop at my home with many (fix it up) tools available as well as the space! let me know i would be glad to help.
erik b.
Erik,

Thanks for the offer on the driverstand.

What I was thinking was to use construction scaffolding. All we need would be 4 fames, 8 cross braces, 9 aluminum planks and guard rail. This would put us 5 1/2 feet above the track. Could store in the top of the trailer, easy set up (10 min with 2 guys) and minimal weight. Could be used inside and outside. Based on the status of construction, we should be able to find some used for $200/$300. Really nice thing, is when we have some additional $'s, would not be to hard to put a cover on it for racing on the pavement.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:26 AM
Tech Master

SlamMan-It's scheduled for Sept. 15th & 16th, early sign-up closes Sept.10th. Again Good Luck in Lincoln, I knew you would like it

Grenade-The scaffold idea sounds good, just add stairs and a handrail. Also may want to consider "feet" so we dont damage the floor surface. I'm sure you figured this into the equation, and I'm not sure about outriggers to stabilize? You know what happens when all the Fat Boy's move to one side of the busAlso it seems that Bass Pro Shops are a good place to set-up temp tracks, found a thread on R/C tech. It sounds real positive for Bass Pro and R/C clubs...

JayLee-glad to see you are with us, looking forward to the weekend of the 2nd

burkett-finally you made it See you Sunday
Old 08-24-2007, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RRacerRuss1
SlamMan-It's scheduled for Sept. 15th & 16th, early sign-up closes Sept.10th. Again Good Luck in Lincoln, I knew you would like it

Grenade-The scaffold idea sounds good, just add stairs and a handrail. Also may want to consider "feet" so we dont damage the floor surface. I'm sure you figured this into the equation, and I'm not sure about outriggers to stabilize? You know what happens when all the Fat Boy's move to one side of the busAlso it seems that Bass Pro Shops are a good place to set-up temp tracks, found a thread on R/C tech. It sounds real positive for Bass Pro and R/C clubs...:
Rusty - Check into Bass Pro Shop about running 1 or 2 races mid to end of September thru October in thier parking lot. Would be a great start to the club.

Yep, the adjusters would be good on the pavement, was going to drill holes into dbl 2xs to protect the legs on the concrete/floor inside. Out rigers would be good as well. We could even use the mason's brackets with planks to have pit workers in front of the gas racers.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:15 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

We could also use Perry type scaffolding, two 8 foot units. If we purchased the locking castors we could also use them as material carts for hauling in the rug and boards. A large variety of accessories are avaliable for them. They set up very quickly, just a thought.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Big KAT
We could also use Perry type scaffolding, two 8 foot units. If we purchased the locking castors we could also use them as material carts for hauling in the rug and boards. A large variety of accessories are avaliable for them. They set up very quickly, just a thought.
Big Kat - I have three of these but 6' with the locking castors and one set of outriggers. I did not think they were wide enough, and we might still need stairs to each one for those of us who are challenged when climbing a ladder.

But I already have them and was going to try and sell them, so maybe we give it a try.

PS anyone interested in some wood working tools, I'm selling off extra items I do not need. E-mail and I can send you a list.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What's the official club member count prior to this weekends meeting?
Old 08-24-2007, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RC_Dan
What's the official club member count prior to this weekends meeting?
32 signed / e-mailed to me. It was felt that 40 would be needed to start, as not everyone will participate the same. Do you plan on joining?
Old 08-25-2007, 03:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

How are things going in Lincoln????
Old 08-25-2007, 09:16 PM
Tech Master

Just in case anyone was wondering, HTW will run outdoors thru October Weather permitting Could be some real comfortable racing weatherwise...
Should be nice and toasty tomorrow, it was pretty warm todayWent out to Rat Raceway to check out some Offroad stuffLot's of Top Notch drivers from all over the place, If you get a chance stop by.

Grenade-are you thinking about running on Saturday's? I'll talk to you tomorrow...

SlamMan-C'mon I know your watch'inGive us (wish we were there's) some info
Old 08-26-2007, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

Lot's of fun today in Fort Collins, quite the challenge searching for a set-up
Johnny ("Ballistic") Stout took the show in Nitro, and most everyone else in the "A" commenced to kick'in my tailCraig and Chad were excellent on the mic, nice layout (for the space). Good to see "Fastguy" Nottberg at the track even if he wasn't racing (he would've just kicked my behind too)Lot's of short trackers in our group of racers, again had a great time/good time/well it was OK
Old 08-26-2007, 08:45 PM
Tech Elite

The second meeting to talk about forming the On Road Colorado RC Racers Club (or what ever we call it) was done in Fort Collins after the series race. We received two additional $500 contributors and we are up to 39 members.

So it looks like we have the numbers to get the carpet ordered and to start the club. To all the $500 contributers, I will send an e-mail to you directly and ask two questions. Do you agree to spend the $'s to purchase the track and if you wish to be on a board of dirrectors for the club. If the answer is yes to spending the $'s. we will need to get them to me by September 1st, so the carpet can be ordered.

If the answer is no, then we are back to square 1 to start a club.

So if there are any other racers who wish to make this donation, let me know by Tuesday evening.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

RRR - If the club moves forward (see my post above) the club should vote on the days to run any pavement races in September and October. However with that being said, It might work, if we have surfaces that we could use. I'd like to recomend doing one Northern Colorado, and one in Denver.

I need to look at my e-mails, but someone thought that there was a chance that Bass Pro Shophs had done this in another town. Since they have a HUGH lot and is only a few years old it should be in good shape.

So anyway - Rusty start working on some track layouts for pavement and CARPET. Use 60 x 120 (-2' for the edges) and see what your mind can come up with.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.