Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IIC warm up race at Cutting Edge Las Vegas

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I don't even know if it is going to happen, just something we need to think about or we just put a foam setup on the cars and hope for the best in LV. It would not be the first time I have done something such as that. I am kind of limited on vacation time so that plays into it for me as well.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:04 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Yeti35
I don't even know if it is going to happen, just something we need to think about or we just put a foam setup on the cars and hope for the best in LV. It would not be the first time I have done something such as that. I am kind of limited on vacation time so that plays into it for me as well.
Yeah let me know and we will try to get there as well
Old 06-20-2007, 01:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Due to the cost of operation compared to the income, we have permanently
CLOSED the CARPET track.. 6/19/07.

We WILL Continue to run the Off Road program as usual at Cutting Edge.
Old 06-20-2007, 02:01 PM
Tech Regular

Bummer. You've got to do what you've gotta do.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:58 AM
Tech Regular

John you have a PM
Old 06-22-2007, 12:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (98%+)
Default take the dirt out

pull the dirt out carpet the offroad track and build wood jumps. then the novice could have an ez track and the rockstarts can go big. and the carpet guys can race to do a run what you brung carpet night. DONT LET CARPET DIE.
Old 06-22-2007, 03:34 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bj4racer25
pull the dirt out carpet the offroad track and build wood jumps. then the novice could have an ez track and the rockstarts can go big. and the carpet guys can race to do a run what you brung carpet night. DONT LET CARPET DIE.
EXCELLENT IDEA BJ
Old 06-22-2007, 03:37 PM
Tech Regular

Doing that way takes away any complaints from the offroad racers when they complain about not getting traction, or not having a groove, or complaining about the track not being watered. They use to run buggy races at Hobbytown years ago on pavement with no jumps and that was one of the biggest classes.

Hell if done that way, I would even get a buggy and I don't do offroad!!
Old 06-26-2007, 11:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (98%+)
Default el boogie

i'll sell you my buggy lol. it just sucks i got that tc3 and now they closed it what i raced with you guys 2 or 3 times.
Old 06-26-2007, 03:02 PM
Tech Regular

i'll sell you my buggy lol. it just sucks i got that tc3 and now they closed it what i raced with you guys 2 or 3 times.
Believe me, everyone of us bought new equipment (about $2500 to $3000 worth) and now there is no place to run so we are equally disappointed as you are. We are going to try and go to Reno's track a couple times a month so we can run but I will PM you just in case you want to join us.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yeti35
Jack, a few of us here from SLC, UT are trying to figure out the logistics of maybe coming to your track to work on setups. We had a track and it has since closed which sucks in that 5 of us signed up for stock foam and now have no track to run at to work on setups. I know it is pretty much a straight shot out 80 from SLC to Reno, but we need to figure out when to do it.
Yeti,

You could also come out to Denver for some practice. There are a couple of us from here going to IIC also. We could all get together and do some testing at the H-Town in Westminster. Let me know if you plan on coming out [email protected]

-E
Old 06-27-2007, 02:15 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by THE DARKSIDE
Yeti,

You could also come out to Denver for some practice. There are a couple of us from here going to IIC also. We could all get together and do some testing at the H-Town in Westminster. Let me know if you plan on coming out [email protected]

-E
Being that we have no track we are looking for tracks that are near and won't take a day just to get there. Does your track have a website? Thanks.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Elboogie
Being that we have no track we are looking for tracks that are near and won't take a day just to get there. Does your track have a website? Thanks.
Lets put it to you this way, it is an 8 hour drive or so for me from SLC to Denver, so I believe LV would be longer.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Elboogie

Sorry, it was more of a suggestion for the UT guys. I understand that LV is a longer trek. Though with the cost of airfare between Denver and SLC or Las Vegas, It could be done rather economically. No website, the track is located inside the HobbytownUSA in Westminster, Colorado.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

We are definately on for a Warm up Race here in Reno, September 14, 15 & 16. Friday the 14th will be open practice, 4 rounds of qualifying on Saturday, 2 rounds of qualifying and mains on Sunday. Limited to the first 50 or so people due to pit space but you can run as many classes you want. I should have flyers out next week and we are still working on gathering up some sponsors.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.