R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum

Old 02-28-2007, 02:26 PM   #1
Tech Initiate
Send a message via MSN to kgonder1969 Send a message via Yahoo to kgonder1969
Default Looking for some outdoor asphalt tracks in the Harrisburg/Halifax Pa

I am looking for some tracks in the Harrisburg or Halifax area that run outside on asphalt for electric onroad cars. Also for 1/18th scale stadium trucks outdoors.
kgonder1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 05:09 PM   #2
Tech Regular
Send a message via AIM to Z.Hallett

i think the mushroom bowl is in that area. check the ORL2 summer series thread under the racing section to see a list of asphalt tracks in you area. the orl2 runs races indoor and out at tracks in the penn and maryland area.
also try contacting dave mahr, hes the race director of the orl2 series.

Z.Hallett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 06:06 PM   #3
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to A. Rhodes

The Mushroom Bowl is about an hour twenty east of Harrisburg, but it still might be the closest aspahlt track in the area for you. Hobbytown in West Chester is about 20 minutes further east. I know some of the PA racers out in mid-state go to MD to race, but that is indoor aspahlt.

As Zac said, the ORL2 is a good series to look at for this area, as most of the tracks are at the most 4 hours for most drivers. You can find out more info on the ORL2 here & here.

You might also want to look in the track locator forum here
Retired from RC....
Quantum - St. Croix - Bass Pro Shops - XPS - Rapala
A. Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:48 AM   #4
Tech Regular
Send a message via AIM to corradopsi

if your gear is ready now, you can come run indoor asphalt with us in fredrick md, which is about 50 min south of harrisburg off of rt15. there are about 4-5 of us that commute there from lancaster and harrisburg area every week. in the summer i belive a hobbytown usa in harrisburg races outdoor, but dont know if they run electric. as has already been mentioned, the mushroom bowl is a good place to run too. if you want to try offroad at all, or want any more info feel free to PM me.
Mine: Nomadio Sensor; T2'007, Keyence, Express; ZX-5 SP, Mamba Max; XB8, OS V-spec and NR P5; ProBoat Shockwave 36
My Son: Futaba 3PM; T4 RS; Clodbuster; TT-01;Zig-Zag racer
corradopsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 02:43 PM   #5
Tech Addict
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

if you are in the Harrisburg area..then you gotta hit Kranzels..its in Lemoyne..www.kranzelsrchobbies.com ...717.737.7223...ask for Dave or Stew..tell them Dave Mahr sent you!! they have an AWSOME indoor 1/18 scale stadium track set up with jumps & stuff..picks are on the web page...
Dave Mahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 06:53 PM   #6
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Another vote for the Mushroom Bowl. Hobbytown USA, boarderline is another great track. Just make sure you have parts for that track.

Some links-

www.mushroombowl.com (Cya there this summer )
RcAmerica | Xray | Hudy |
Team Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote