Search
Like Tree1Likes

The Great Poorman's Snowbirds event

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 07:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default The Great Poorman's Snowbirds event

So your feeling a little down. The RC stuff is almost packed and the plane tickets are booked,,,,but not for you, huh? Your buddies are leaving you for Florida. Not to worry though. Life will still go on. And just to help ease the pain we are gonna have an alternative event at Horsham RC on Sunday February 11th. Yeah I know, all the "fast guys" all went to the Snowbirds, but does that mean you still can't have some fun?????

So, if it is an open weekend for you and you could not get out on Saturday to race, come on out on Sunday the 11th. below are some of the posts from recent activity on my other thread. Hope to see you there.

OK, don't kill me for this one, so let me explain. As I discussed with all the attendees of the recent event at Hobbytown of West Chester, this month was going to be an extremely difficult one to schedule. The problem is several events occuring either on the days I wanted to utilize or other events occuring on the same weekend that may conflict. Those events were,
The Super Bowl, Feb 4th, The Snowbirds the weekend of Feb 11th, The Daytona 500 Feb 18th and The ORL2 Feb 24th which is the weekend of Feb 25th. I had a number of racers request another event on a Sunday because of diffuculties experienced attending Saturday events. Of all the weekends and Sundays available I zeroed in on one that may have the least amount of negative impact, as best I could speculate at this point.

I spoke to Terry Liable yesterday to see if putting one of our events on was possible. The date I discussed with him already had a pre scheduled "RC party" where they rent cars and have cake and such. After some discussion we aggreed that we could work around their party with ours. So here is the next date for those of you who can attend. I realize this is really very short notice but, here it is.

Sunday Feb 11, 2007. The Poormans Snowbirds (named by Flyin' Ryan D)

At this point looks like a noon start, but I am working on the possibility of a 11am start, but that will have to be a decision I will have to make in a couple of days when Terry calls me back. At this point I do not know how early we can get into the building. I would like the doors to open at 8am but that may not be possible, I will post accordingly.

Since we are going to be running at the largest track in our area I am opening up the classes to other sizes of cars. Bring your tourers, and micros. If there are enough entries to make a bonified heat (probably 4 minimum) we'll run ya!
More to come!

YES, you have read that correctly. Horsham R/C Racing will be having a SUNDAY race on February 11th. The doors will be opening at 8:00 a.m. With the birthday party at 12 noon, I would like the first round of heats to start at 11:30, so we can get that first round completed before the party. With our usual 1 1/2 hour per round rule, that would put the start of round 2 at 1:00. However, we will need to run the "mains" for the birthday party from about 1:15 til 1:30. If we push the start of round 2 back to 1:30, it will give all the racers plenty of time to prep and even a little extra practice during the birthday party resort. Obviously, this is all subject to change, but we can definitely work the race party in with the birthday party. See you all soon.
Supe4535 likes this.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:32 PM
Tech Master

Figured I would give a link to our 1/12th forum so that anyone interested can see what we have been doing through out the winter.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...1&page=1&pp=30
Old 02-05-2007, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Talking

Hmm... this Sunday? Count me in! Maybe this time I can get that 1/12 going.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

it sould be a good time! Ivy, save me a spot! Word on the street is the infamous Rudy "Dots" Diaz will be making it up to run some touring.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:57 PM
Tech Master

"Dots" Diaz making a comeback to us huh? Well, he may have to work really hard to find any "dots" to get "up close and personal" with at Horsham. But, I am sure the pcv piping will be more than up to the task
This might be the first time Rudy and I are on the track together by my recollection, if my memory serves me correctly.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Team Speedy
Hmm... this Sunday? Count me in! Maybe this time I can get that 1/12 going.
Make sure your 1/12th ride has all the stuff in it, ie; motor, servo, speedo, reciever, batteries, before you get to the track. I wanna work at getting you up to speed as soon as possible.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:35 PM
Tech Master

Ya know, there is an old expression that goes something like this,

You never get a second chance to make a first impression!

I see what I may consider a potentially considerable opportunity to promote RC and what we do. One of the things I see and most of you will agree is that we need more "fresh blood" in our hobby. For the most part you see the same faces from track to track, with a few racers that stay local to their track. I find there is alot of talk about it but, not much being done about it. I see a golden opportunity to possibly expose an individual or individuals to the "fun" of what we do. This Sunday, we will be sharing the building with a pre scheduled RC birthday party. Sunday morning at my drivers meeting I will share with all of you some ideas on some things we may try to do to encourage some of the party goers to maybe join us at a future date. For some of these individuals, this may be their first time observing full blown RC racing on the level we run at. If this goes as I plan, there should be some activity in the hobby shop, and maybe some new faces coming out to run on Saturday nights which I am sure would be a refreshing change. Seeing new faces instills hope, builds interest and increases business, which in turn helps facilities stay open!

We'll discuss this more Sunday morning.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:43 AM
Tech Regular

if you really intend to do this, your title should reflect a date and location to get more views. im interested, but would like to see more people post up to get an idea of turnout.
Old 02-06-2007, 04:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by corradopsi
if you really intend to do this, your title should reflect a date and location to get more views. im interested, but would like to see more people post up to get an idea of turnout.
Welcome corradopsi to our little get together,

This event was just posted for the locals who are regulars at the track in Horsham PA, however it is open to anyone who may want to attend. I have been doing these types of events for 2 seasons now primarily for 1/12th cars but in this case since the track is large enough to accomidate touring we are opening it up. Funny thing about my events the number of screenames that post is usually very small which gives a distorted view of potential entries. I am always amazed because I may only see 5 different screenames post but, 25 racers will show up to run. Yeah, I know 25 is not a large number by any stretch but, I am actually not looking to attract 100 entries because it is not managable for me. Conversely, this particular facility actually can accomidate that number and normally do at its larger events. I do not know where you are from in PA or what type of car you run but, I can assure you if you come you will have fun with us. We focus on fun first and competition second. However, don't be fooled. This place is the meca of full blown competition and has some very fast guys. I realize the majority of the fast guys run on Saturday night and some of them are at the Snowbirds. If you need a website to check out the facility let me know and we'll link one to you.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by spurcheck
Make sure your 1/12th ride has all the stuff in it, ie; motor, servo, speedo, reciever, batteries, before you get to the track. I wanna work at getting you up to speed as soon as possible.

Sounds like a sneaky plan! Just order a couple packs today, just need to mount a speedo and choose my weapon of choice for a motor! Expect to see me bright and early Sunday, (if my behind every makes it out of bed.)

Thanks Jeff!
Old 02-06-2007, 11:55 PM
Tech Regular

Welcome corradopsi to our little get together,

This event was just posted for the locals who are regulars at the track in Horsham PA, however it is open to anyone who may want to attend. I have been doing these types of events for 2 seasons now primarily for 1/12th cars but in this case since the track is large enough to accomidate touring we are opening it up. Funny thing about my events the number of screenames that post is usually very small which gives a distorted view of potential entries. I am always amazed because I may only see 5 different screenames post but, 25 racers will show up to run. Yeah, I know 25 is not a large number by any stretch but, I am actually not looking to attract 100 entries because it is not managable for me. Conversely, this particular facility actually can accomidate that number and normally do at its larger events. I do not know where you are from in PA or what type of car you run but, I can assure you if you come you will have fun with us. We focus on fun first and competition second. However, don't be fooled. This place is the meca of full blown competition and has some very fast guys. I realize the majority of the fast guys run on Saturday night and some of them are at the Snowbirds. If you need a website to check out the facility let me know and we'll link one to you.
haha, dude, who are you? this is Schnelli, i run at horsham on almost a weekly basis. i just wanna know if its worth my time to make the 1:15 drive for sunday racing, when ill have already got my racing fix on sat.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:40 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Team Speedy
Sounds like a sneaky plan! Just order a couple packs today, just need to mount a speedo and choose my weapon of choice for a motor! Expect to see me bright and early Sunday, (if my behind every makes it out of bed.)

Thanks Jeff!
Looks like the "excuse factor" is down to 3 for you .

Excuse # 1, battery packs not in yet. Do not let that stop you, I will loan mine to you! So throw that one out the window.

Excuse #2, speedo not mounted. Just bring the car and speedo, I'll have one of my "peeps" hook that "ish" up in about 8 minutes, no problemo. Another one out the window.

Excuse #3, getting your "posterior" out of the bed,,,,,,,well,,,,,,aha,,,,, I think you are on your own on this one. But, shy of me sending a chauffeur driven limo, adorned with "RC stuff" and presidential type procession, we 've got you covered.

See you Sunday morning,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,sleepy head
Old 02-07-2007, 03:42 AM
Tech Elite

Looks like the "excuse factor" is down to 3 for you .

Excuse # 1, battery packs not in yet. Do not let that stop you, I will loan mine to you! So throw that one out the window.

Excuse #2, speedo not mounted. Just bring the car and speedo, I'll have one of my "peeps" hook that "ish" up in about 8 minutes, no problemo. Another one out the window.

Excuse #3, getting your "posterior" out of the bed,,,,,,,well,,,,,,aha,,,,, I think you are on your own on this one. But, shy of me sending a chauffeur driven limo, adorned with "RC stuff" and presidential type procession, we 've got you covered.

See you Sunday morning,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,sleepy head

Old 02-07-2007, 03:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by corradopsi
haha, dude, who are you? this is Schnelli, i run at horsham on almost a weekly basis. i just wanna know if its worth my time to make the 1:15 drive for sunday racing, when ill have already got my racing fix on sat.
Schnelli, sorry, don't know who that is.
If you are a Horsham regular, then you already know what racing at Horsham is about. I am not a regular at Horsham but the majority of the highly competitive racers know who I am. My program, as I indicated before, focuses on the lighter aspects of rc with fun at the forefront. I can not guarentee how many touring entries may be in attendance since my traveling series puts 1/12th at the top of out car list. However, I know there will be some touring entries this Sunday, I will be one myself, I just don't know how many at this point. Hope this helps you and maybe we'll see you Sunday morning.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

Jeff,

What classes are making up sedan? Is it 19t, stock or mod? I would love to run a mod on carpet but I doubt I can make that happen! I think I can get the speed out of me in 1/12 though!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.