Wiki Posts
Search

Video Games On CBS TV as a Sport

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 12:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rocket42
hooka mega www.RacefactorIndustries.com as instituted a contingency program for there engines and has been in effect for the last 4 months without a change, we give out cash and prizes for drivers that meet the requirements like R/C pro Racefactor is devoted to promoting R/C racing at all levels of competition.
Excellent idea. How much has been paid out?
Old 01-15-2007, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Default Video

Here is some more Hotel Information for the RC Pro Homestead Miami International Fuel Challenge race.

Holiday Inn
University of Miami
1350 South Dixie Highway (US1)
Coral Gables, FL. 33146
(305)667-5611 or 1800 Holiday
Double room up to 4 people
$140 + tax
20 rooms have been blocked until 2/20/2007

Use the name PRO for the discount rate.

More to come.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:24 PM
Tech Elite

Default Video

Here we go people; these are the very first official entries for the 1st Annual RC Pro Homestead Miami International Fuel Challenge.

Paolo Morganti

Scotty Gray

Gianni Giorgio

Roniel Regalado

DJ Apolaro

Ashton Brinson

Danny Horta

Rafael Angulo

Luke Whitaker

Joseph Chaplow

Thank you all, this is going to be a historical RC race, for sure!

Last edited by Jspeed; 01-17-2007 at 06:15 PM.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:40 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer
Excellent idea. How much has been paid out?
i have gotten very little response or even interest for that matter regarding this contingecny, so far 1 engine is set to be given out for the az. point series, out of 100 entries regularly 2 drivers have taken me up on the contingency and both are competing throughout the series, one of the 2 will walk away from the series with an engine no matter what. (special contingency offered for az. point series) We will continue to offer this promotion to anyone who is interested, and the nitro challenge will probably be the first race of the year eligible for the contingency. (unfortunatley every have way decent driver wants to be sponsored with out the concept of what are the actual responsibilities of a sponsored driver.) So far no other engine mfgr. will hand out a free engine just for making the a-main in sportsman but the guys that make the a-main in sportsman expect a full factory ride.

bob stormer please contact me if you would like to be a dealer for the Go tech engines, every current dealer has been selling out within a week. Most sell out the day they receive engines.

also radio shack has started carrying the rc18 labeled as a different car it is the rc18 they are even going to offer a brushless motor upgrade.

The problem with the hobby is as popularity grows the mfgrs. start raising the prices then interst fades. in the early 90's 1/10 offroad was king then the soft one run tires came out and you had to take $200 worth of tires to a big race. (at this time the tire mfgrs. starting selling quadruple quantity comparerd to the xtr step pins that lasted forever and everyone ran them but price stayed the same) then in the late 90's 1/10 sedan got big and has steadily grown since but now sedan kits are $450 and battery wars, now 1/8 offroad is huge because you get a lot for your money when compared to touring cars and as 1/8 contiues to grow o.s. realeases a $550 engine. Of course this whole time the mfgr's have greatly reduced the price of the rtr's to get people in the hobby. I am not saying that some of the design features do not require the price tag but people think they need to spend to win and thats not true. A local guy just won sportsman buggy with a losi rtr there was 40 entries. To really change the sport we need to get the mfgr's. to stop promoting one thing to poularity raise the prices reap the profits and then move on to the next big thing offered as just as competitive but cheaper. The mfgrs. need to invest in the sport by lowering prices as popularity booms and reap rewards thru quantity.

Just look how the low price of rtr's has increased popularity greatly.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Default RC Pro

Red marks the spot of the RC Pro track area.

We will be front & center stage racers, those that want to promote the sport of RC racing will have the chance to walk the walk.

This is way more than just another RC race, this is an event!
Old 01-25-2007, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

Default Video

Updated RC Pro Homestead Miami International Fuel Challenge Racer List.

Paolo Morganti
Scotty Gray
Gianni Giorgio
Roniel Regalado
DJ Apolaro
Ashton Brinson
Danny Horta
Luke Whitaker
Joseph Chaplow
Rafael Angulo
Edgar Tirado
Art Carbonell
Juan Ruiz
Michael Clarke
Denise Burton-Clarke
Ralph Birch
Barry Baker
Paul Lemieux

The spectators will see a great show with the drivers so far.

The RC Pro Homestead Miami International Fuel Challenge is way more than just another R/C race!
Old 02-09-2007, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Default RC Pro

For anyone that still thinks that the RC Pro Homestead Miami International Fuel Challenge is just another RC race, take a look at this.

http://www.homesteadmiamispeedway.co...djam_V2_01.wmv

Manufacturers, Teams, RC racers and those that love our sport better hurry up or you won't be part of RC history.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:13 AM
Tech Master

I have to agree with u on this one. I can belive that video games had mad to on tv before Rc car racing either. There is also a vidoe game show on mtv thats were it kinda strated then it got to different channls on tv. They also have a leage know its called MLGP. I only know this cause I do like to play games but I did not think they would have there one leage and be on tv too. I still think rc should have been on tv first.
Old 02-10-2007, 11:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Someone mentioned that the video game industry now makes as much as hollywood... not quite. I worked for Activision at the 2001 E3 convention, it was the year Microsoft released the Xbox. At the time (six years ago) they were saying that the video game industry was making more money than the TV and movie industries combined. The news reports from the convention were calling it the "One billion dollar show", meaning the industry spent $1 billion on their 4-5 day tradeshow. Having been there and seen it, I truly believe it.

I play H2 online and really enjoy it, but I have to say I thought it was a bit of a stretch to make TV shows out of the MLG comps. It just goes to show how persuasive all that $$$ is. FYI- it's common knowledge that the top MLG pros have contracts for $250,000 a year. I'm not sure but I don't think any RC pros make anywhere near that. The point is, it's apples to oranges- or more like David to Goliath.

I understand that you guys are passionate about RC, but hating on video games isn't going to get more people into RC. But I have gripes about lots of things on TV too, do we really need fours days of coverage for one NASCAR race? Yet another crime drama? Like it or not, the whole entertainment machine is based on selling advertising, and I don't see our beloved sport getting the masses to sit through the commercials anytime soon. It's not such a bad thing anyways, I'd rather have RC earn the interested inquisitive minds one at a time than harvest the brainwashed by the neilson point. They're more loyal.

That being said... I think that racing RC is a much better pasttime than video games. Much of the knowledge and lessons we learn from it applies to life in the real world. I would rather see kids interacting with each other at the track than sitting on the couch staring at the screen. I try to get people into it whenever possible (I'd like to think most of us do our part).

I think what RC Pro is trying to accomplish is great, and I wish you success in your endeavor.

My $.02

Last edited by Eric Tomczyk; 02-10-2007 at 11:41 PM.
Old 02-11-2007, 02:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eric Tomczyk
I understand that you guys are passionate about RC, but hating on video games isn't going to get more people into RC.
I whole heartily agree with everything you said (except about Nascar, I love it!). And except for this above statement. I don't think anyone here thought that being upset about video gamers on tv would help promote rc in any way. I think most of the rcer's here were just commenting on our frustration with promoting our sport. That's all. Everything else you wrote was well said though (for a gamer/rcer )
Old 02-11-2007, 10:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Thanks Jet. I actually don't mind NASCAR at all, it's just that the Speed channel pre-empts a lot of their normal programming every time there's a race.
Old 02-11-2007, 01:43 PM
Tech Master

Well I just hope that some day rc racing will be on tv. I think u learn more with rc racing then u do playing video games all day long. I think video games are fun but u do not learn much buy playing vidoe games all.
Old 02-11-2007, 04:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi09
Well I just hope that some day rc racing will be on tv. I think u learn more with rc racing then u do playing video games all day long. I think video games are fun but u do not learn much buy playing vidoe games all.
Exactly what I tell my friends. They think R/C cars are lame and a waste of time. I have had the "R/C Cars vs. Video Games" argument so many times with my peers, that I just tell them that "video games are a waste of time to me, and I really don't care what you think about my hobby". Everyone in my school (teachers and girls included) plays video games besides me. I really don't care anymore. Video games are not superior to R/C, but people find ways to make them look superior. I don't play video games anymore also since they mess up my driving.
Old 02-11-2007, 06:47 PM
Tech Master

I have to agree with u on that one. I like to play vidoe games but I think rc racing is more fun then vidoe games. When u go what racing at lest u met knew people and mack knew friends. The only vidoes that I realy play are racing games I like the speed and the presser that u get from racing games and that helps me out sometimes in rc racing, but besides that rc racing is way more superior then vidoe games.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:22 AM
Tech Elite

Default RC Pro

I have to say the only Video game I currently play is VRC. It’s more than a game to me because it’s an R/C racing simulator. VRC has allowed me to learn a lot about “set-ups” and what to expect from changes without having to destroy cars doing it. Other than that, I don’t have much time to play games anymore.

The RC Pro Homestead Miami International Fuel Challenge is the perfect opportunity for all of us in the R/C industry to educate and promote our Sport to 30-50 thousand Indy race fans in 2 days. Some manufacturers have jumped on this RC Pro marketing event, while others have so far been slow to react.

While our announcement of the R/C race during Indy event was a little short notice, the R/C industries are being observed by International Speedway Personnel. The Speedway has offered to promote our Sport during their events, RC Pro is working with them to promote our sport as well. Some of the top R/C racers have agreed to participate, some have not.

Our Sport’s public image as a viable and worthy investment is currently under scrutiny by corporate entities that realize R/C racing to be an untapped consumer market. So the real question is not if R/C will grow up; it’s more like, who wants to be involved in its growth.

I hope I didn’t offend anyone or company by what I just publically stated in this forum thread, but the truth is I’m meeting with the ISC this week and they will ask me questions regarding the R/C industry involvement thus far and I will tell them exactly who is working to provide success of the ISC/RC Pro event. I realize there are many big races out there, but this is more than just another R/C race.

All I can say is all R/C manufacturers still have time to be part of the equation.

RC Pro means R/C Promotion and we are doing exactly that; Promoting R/C Racing

Jeff Vargas
RC Pro
Event Marketing
www.rcprosites.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.