this will work out great

friday carpet
sateday ( tamiya or Socal )
Sunday carpet

now only if i cant get my wife to agree i need to do rc 3 days a week
Old 10-16-2006, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

joel the biggest you can make it and with a flow would be awesome. I would definately make it out atleast 1or2 times a month...
Old 10-16-2006, 07:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'll be in S.D. the 2nd weekend of November, visiting Shamu the Killer Orca. I'd love to sqeeze in some carpet racing for that friday night. Hopefully you guys are rocking an rolling by then.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:49 AM
Tech Adept

Fridays are great for me all winter long...
Old 10-19-2006, 09:07 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
Yeah, 7 would probably be as late as you would want to go. That'd give people like me about an hour or so of practice before racing. Maybe your idea of racing every other week and having open practice the other weeks would be good for the first few months. Give everyone a little more track time to learn how to race on carpet. I've only got a handful of runs on carpet and I know there's probably a lot of racers in SD who have none. In all honesty, Saturday nights would be ideal. But unless something happens, it wouldn't be good to conflict with SoCal.
SoCal is done anyways.
Old 10-19-2006, 10:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I havent been to SoCal in a loooooooooooooooooooooooooong time!
Old 10-19-2006, 11:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

What the! Joel's in charge? This will be interesting hehe You know I'll be there!

How are you guys going to lay down the carpet without it shifting. I'm assuming it's a temporary track. Rippling carpet in the corners sucks

How about starting races at 7:30 the first few months until turn out gets big. More practice time will be helpful along w/ giving folks more friday commute time.

Twice a month is good for me also.

Team Toot OG member.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:00 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MikeR
What the! Joel's in charge? This will be interesting hehe You know I'll be there!

How are you guys going to lay down the carpet without it shifting. I'm assuming it's a temporary track. Rippling carpet in the corners sucks

How about starting races at 7:30 the first few months until turn out gets big. More practice time will be helpful along w/ giving folks more friday commute time.

Twice a month is good for me also.

Team Toot OG member.
Who me in charge?? Naw...im just helping out like everyone else. CRC's newest ozite carpet was ordered and from what i read its sticky on the bottom so it keeps shifting down to a minimum. What does everyone thing about the layout materials of the track? Maybe firehose like we would use for parking lot...its way easy on the cars as far as brushing up against them...you wont tear off suspension arms. Maybe RoadRail system that HyperHobbies makes??....its easy on the cars too. I'll see what i can do to get a deal on those. Holla back!
Old 10-19-2006, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

You need to check out the border set-up at Bending Corners. I like that a lot.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JoelNavarro
Who me in charge?? Naw...im just helping out like everyone else. CRC's newest ozite carpet was ordered and from what i read its sticky on the bottom so it keeps shifting down to a minimum. What does everyone thing about the layout materials of the track? Maybe firehose like we would use for parking lot...its way easy on the cars as far as brushing up against them...you wont tear off suspension arms. Maybe RoadRail system that HyperHobbies makes??....its easy on the cars too. I'll see what i can do to get a deal on those. Holla back!
Road Rail and foam tires dont mix. I cant belive Iam saying this but the fire hose may be your best bet.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Road Rails I think are a bad idea. Like Howie said, foams chunk bad on them. Fire hose is pretty ghetto in all honesty. The barriers that Raf has up at Bending Corners are awesome. Plastic rectangular tubes with Velcro on them. Sturdy enough so cars won't be going on the wrong side of the track, but they'll move just enough to keep from being hard on the cars. If you can see where he got that material, that's your best option.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Raf uses PVC gutter down tubes with velcro on the back, With wood supports inbetween...Works great hit TireShreder up on PM he will tell you exactly what he is using..

-Shookie <><
Old 10-20-2006, 02:54 AM
Tech Regular

Everyone that got to go to IIC in vegas...what did you think of their track layout materials?
Old 10-20-2006, 06:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

They were OK. A little brutal on the suspension bot not too bad. But it's pretty permanent. I don't know that you could do that without a wood sub floor. All those wood walls were screwed into the track and the plastic "flaps" on the turns were screwed into the wood.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:46 AM
B3x
Tech Adept

Bump

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.