R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Racing Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-forum-6/)
-   -   I heard it's a Big Roadcourse Race (https://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-forum/125165-i-heard-its-big-roadcourse-race.html)

James605 08-11-2006 04:21 PM

I heard it's a Big Roadcourse Race

A race track in Columbus, Ohio (Platinum Raceways & hobbies) is having a big race for roadcourse guys, I'll try to make it up there, I think it's September 10th!

Mr Indy (Touring)

Ozzie 08-27-2006 10:22 PM

I was there today to tune on my new car and all I can say is "WOW"! Great facilities, everyone there was super nice, and the track is great. I will be back for the race on the 10th for sure. I think there was about 10 preregistered already. There will be at least 3 others coming with me. I hope there is a good turnout. Looks promising.

alienfireturds 08-28-2006 11:09 AM

Are Bio and Poop still running things out there?

Lana 08-28-2006 11:19 AM

SCROTUM

smitty2802 08-28-2006 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by alienfireturds

No

Ozzie 08-28-2006 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by alienfireturds

No, there are new owners. Vince and Elisha. I will try to get them on here to answer any questions you may have about Platinum Hobbies or you can visit

http://www.platinumhobbies.net/forum/

for more info.

DC, sorry about the above. Someone forgot to log out of my computer and I was not paying attention. LOL

smitty2802 08-28-2006 05:58 PM

lol it's all good bro.. can't wait to get to the track... anyone running 19t or know if there is a 19t class???

-DC-

Ozzie 08-28-2006 06:54 PM

I dug out a 19 turn today. I might give it a whirl if we have enough entries. We will have to wait and see.

dr_hfuhuhurr 08-28-2006 07:12 PM

It's amazing that after a year of new ownership the old owners are still dragging this place down. And what's worse by people who don't even race there or are even part of the hobby.

I for one am looking forward to the trophy race. The trophy part is for stock touring car only. They will be running other classes but stock touring is where the hardware is.

I'll be out there in stock 1/12th and stock TC. Hope we get a good turnout. As I understand it they raced this past weekend and I'll be out there this upcoming weekend.

smitty2802 08-28-2006 09:08 PM

well i'm def in for 19t if there is enough and if they would even run a class of them... w/o interfearing with the trophy race part of the day..

Thanks,
-DC-

smitty2802 08-28-2006 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Ozzie
I dug out a 19 turn today. I might give it a whirl if we have enough entries. We will have to wait and see.

i knew i could get you to bolt in a 19t motor...lol

-DC-

Ozzie 08-28-2006 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by smitty2802
i knew i could get you to bolt in a 19t motor...lol

-DC-

Well it helps when you have a car that doesn't break. I know because I tested it a few times this past weekend. LOL

Ozzie 08-28-2006 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
It's amazing that after a year of new ownership the old owners are still dragging this place down. And what's worse by people who don't even race there or are even part of the hobby.

I for one am looking forward to the trophy race. The trophy part is for stock touring car only. They will be running other classes but stock touring is where the hardware is.

I'll be out there in stock 1/12th and stock TC. Hope we get a good turnout. As I understand it they raced this past weekend and I'll be out there this upcoming weekend.

I know what you mean. We need to get a few racers to show up for this race so everyone can understand how the place has changed. I do not know what happened with the previous owners but I have raced a few times up there since Vince has taken ownership and it is a great place to race. Hopefully people just show up and race and find out for themselves.

JKA 08-28-2006 09:34 PM

I've raced there 1 time. Vince was the owner. He just might be the nicest person I've ever met. It was a great time.

dr_hfuhuhurr 08-28-2006 09:59 PM

19t rocks...I might be in. For the trophy race I will stick with stock. Any other time, 19t sounds good.