Wiki Posts
Search

Big Chill - Jackson, MS - Nov. 4 2006

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 12:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by promatchrcr
Hope this materializes for you guys Barry. Best of luck! I won't be there since I am not running TC anymore but I think you may be on to something....

Jay
Jay - many thanks... My goal is to have a race in Jackson that people will be happy to attend. Plus it gives the hard working guys up in Memphis a chance to come to a race and not have to host it. They can put their feet up and enjoy...

So please get the word out that we are having a race...

Thanks,
Barry
Old 08-15-2006, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

I have updated the first posting to reflect the changes and schedule at this point.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:35 AM
Tech Adept

Barry....

You are doing a great job. You count me on being there as long as it doesn't conflict with the US Open Wheel race, I think I am going to that this year.

But I would not get hung up on awards... Personally I could careless if I get something, frankly my plaques from the snowbirds and cleveland are being used to level out my washing machine....true story. Your name on the sheet says the whole story.

Brushless in stock is interesting. I have heard it is damn close to a real hot stock motor. So, if I attend I might just buy a unit to try it out.

This is just my opinion, as I race directed up north for 2 years......Unless you can field a solid A and B main there should never be a split class with Expert/Intermediate/Sportsman etc. Having 4-6 guys in each class is pretty gay if you ask me. Ask them to rate themselves... put fast guys with fast guys and slower/newer folks with the same. Not to mention you are resorting after the first round anyway.

Barry... I look forward running with you again.

Chris
Old 08-16-2006, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

I agree on with you on the splitting of the class, and if we do not have enough for two we will sure move this into one. No one has an issue with this... We have about 10 nitro on-road racers here in Jackson, it is getting them out the track, this is the trick.

On the BL for stock, this is an interesting development with the new motor, but I figure we mite a take risk here and try, based on the good comments and result from other areas of the country. I figured new people that are just getting started, may go this route and I sure did not them to not be able to run. In the past 4 weeks, we have added 6 new on-roaders to the program in Jackson, and everyone on of them race off-road.

We will have awards... this is already a done deal... So if you use it as "paper weight" ok.... but I think you will like what we have coming...

As far as the location, this is 99% a done deal... (just missing ink on the paper) Just at the location I wanted. Close the expressway, close to hotels, close to food... and a very big area to work with. I think everyone will be very pleased. Terry Vaughn will setup the track so you can be sure that he will have some technical parts to it... and it will be fun…

This event is coming together very nicely, and I'm sure it will be an event that we the south will want on the program for next year, but will it be as good at BTH, I'm sure trying to make the Memphis group proud..
Old 08-18-2006, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Barry,

Just keep things going and keep us abreast of things or any changes that occur. Since my vacation plans for October have been dashed (a long story), it definitely looks like "The Big Chill" is being solidified as a race I could make. You know that Expert Nitro will be my main thing if I do attend.
Old 08-19-2006, 12:13 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bvoltz
I agree on with you on the splitting of the class, and if we do not have enough for two we will sure move this into one. No one has an issue with this... We have about 10 nitro on-road racers here in Jackson, it is getting them out the track, this is the trick.

On the BL for stock, this is an interesting development with the new motor, but I figure we mite a take risk here and try, based on the good comments and result from other areas of the country. I figured new people that are just getting started, may go this route and I sure did not them to not be able to run. In the past 4 weeks, we have added 6 new on-roaders to the program in Jackson, and everyone on of them race off-road.

We will have awards... this is already a done deal... So if you use it as "paper weight" ok.... but I think you will like what we have coming...

As far as the location, this is 99% a done deal... (just missing ink on the paper) Just at the location I wanted. Close the expressway, close to hotels, close to food... and a very big area to work with. I think everyone will be very pleased. Terry Vaughn will setup the track so you can be sure that he will have some technical parts to it... and it will be fun…

This event is coming together very nicely, and I'm sure it will be an event that we the south will want on the program for next year, but will it be as good at BTH, I'm sure trying to make the Memphis group proud..
Sweet dude. Very cool.

Sounds like a ton of fun. The new car count you guys have is great. Locally TC died completely. Barry, what is your schedule normally?
Old 08-20-2006, 03:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mongo
Sweet dude. Very cool.

Sounds like a ton of fun. The new car count you guys have is great. Locally TC died completely. Barry, what is your schedule normally?
That is a shame... I know that we are having a low turn out each week, because of the heat. I think this will pick up when it cools down.

We run currently on Saturday night, starting around 6:00pm but we are pretty laided back on this one. The past two weeks I did not get home until 4:00am. They just do not want to leave... Which is good...
Old 08-22-2006, 03:55 PM
Tech Elite

Guys I'm 99% there on the track location and this is very good location and this event is turning into a nice event... I major outfitter is looking to be part of this event... Great things working here....
Old 08-23-2006, 11:50 AM
Tech Elite

It is official, Bass Pro Shops have teamed up with Xtreme Hobbies to present this race. This is great news as a major outdoor retailer is team up to promote and sponsor this event. Bass Pro Shop will also promote this event on their Web page.

This race will be held in the parking lot of Bass Pro Shop in Pearl, MS.

The Entry flyer is 98% done and I will be posted very soon.

We are taking early signup in the form of please let me know what class(s), Freq, PT and who you are.

We will have awards for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and TQ, plus door prizes.

So mark you calendars as this is a race you do not want to miss.
Old 08-23-2006, 05:11 PM
Tech Adept

BUMP
Old 08-24-2006, 08:54 AM
Tech Elite

Cool deal with putting this race together and getting things well organized. At least it is a straight shot down I-20 for me (about a 6 hr drive). I am sharpening up my nitro tourers now and will be ready for this one. Just keep us informed like you have been. Peace.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

Just posted a link to this thread on RC Files, a forum that most of us Texas racers frequent. I hope it generates some interest, and racers, from the state of Texas.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:06 AM
Tech Elite

Great to hear this... This is event is going to be great... It is coming together very nicely and a lot of support from the R/C world and local businesses.
Old 08-25-2006, 06:20 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey bvoltz. I really love this idea and would love to come out and support it. I personally dont think that the brushless and stock should be put together. I know they are probably close but no matter what brushless is going to be more effecient and probably have a slight advantage. Just my opinion though. Thanks and I am looking forward to coming!
Old 08-27-2006, 05:41 AM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

This Sounds great Barry!!!!! Can't wait for Nevember!

Sign me up for----

19 turn and Mod. sedan
DSM
7148247 id #

Brant

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.