Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
ROAR Region 12 Paved On-Road Champs >

ROAR Region 12 Paved On-Road Champs

ROAR Region 12 Paved On-Road Champs

Old 08-07-2006, 01:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default ROAR Region 12 Paved On-Road Champs

I am happy to announce that Ripon RC Speedway will be the host of the 2006 ROAR Region 12 Paved On-Road Championships the weekend of Oct. 14th & 15th. Yes a two day race at Ripon. Track will open at 8:00 am on Saturday Oct. 14th for open practice until 1:00 pm. 3 rounds of qualifying to start at 2:00 pm, so we will be running under the lights for at least one round. Sunday morning track will again open at 8:00 am with the 4th and final round of qualifying to start at 10:00 am and single mains to follow.

No handout motors or tires. Motors must be ROAR legal. That means C2ís and Komodoís in 19 turn. Entry fee will be $45 for the first entry and $30 for each additional class. We should have some great raffle prizes. More info and a flyer to come soon.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Race flyer now available click here Region 12 Paved Champs So who's down for some paved action on one of the countries best permanent 1/10th & 1/12th on-road tracks?
Old 09-26-2006, 05:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

bump
Old 09-27-2006, 03:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

bump
Old 09-28-2006, 06:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Ok guys ...... just over two weeks away to the first ever Region 12 Champs at Ripon RC Speedway and the first multi day event at Ripon RC Speedway sense the last Reedy Race over 5 years ago. We have some of the fastest pros in the region & country comming to this one as well as many of the fastest club guys in the region. You can even get your shot at the back to back IIC TC Stock Rubber Champion Jason Ertracher. We'll have some nice prizes to give away in the free drivers raffle from some great companys such as Tekin, RC America, CRC, Team Checkpoint, Associated and more to come. This will most definetly be one race NOT to miss on one of the nicest permanent on-road electric tracks in the country Ripon RC Speedway. Event flyer HERE

Last edited by schurcr; 09-28-2006 at 11:30 AM.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:35 AM
Tech Addict

Oh and a shot we will take
Old 09-29-2006, 03:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey guys ..... just need to make a clearification on the flyer regarding the hotel information. If you call the host hotel to make a reservation do not use the 11 digit number for the group codse on the flyer, just use STOCKTON RC RACEWAY as your group code. I guess there was a small miscommunication between the hotel manager and myself. If you have any problems with this or need any additional information please contace me at www.stocktonrcraceway.com and I will answer your questions as quickly as possible.

Another thing I need to clearify is what to bring. If you've been to Ripon over the last couple of season you already know, if you haven't here is the list.
1. Table
2. Chair
3. Shade (we have a limited amount of covered pit space which will go very quickly)
4. Extension chord
5. Pit Light (we will be racing under the lights and lighting in the covered pits is not what I would consider bright light)

There will be on-site consession provided by my wife and children, and there will be limited parts availabilty thru Ferrari RC. Charlie will have the usual consumable items and tires. If you are in need of something specific parts wise please contact me and I will forward all requests to Charlie and have him contact you.

Tech will be weight, wing height, motor and battery per ROAR rules. 4200 & 4300 mah NiMh batteries have been approved for use in this race. All motors must be ROAR legal. I will have a bunch of 19 turn C2's that were left over handout motors from the nationals available for purchase at the track. The C2 and Komod Dragon are the ONLY approved legal ROAR 19 turn motors.

Thanks much for you interest and I hope to see many of you on one of the nicest if not the nicest permanent on-road paved electric rc track in the country, Ripon RC Speedway.
Old 10-02-2006, 08:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Are 4200's ROAR legal yet? Or legal for this event?
Old 10-03-2006, 12:07 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by J.Filipow
Are 4200's ROAR legal yet? Or legal for this event?
Yuppo, I read somewhere (it was either on the flier or Ruben posted it on RCracing.com) that 4200 and 4300s were going to allowed for this one... so those Vegas packs are still rockin

Last edited by Big Rigg; 10-03-2006 at 02:32 PM.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey guys ..... a little clearification for those that have not read or seen the race flyer on the basic rules. This is a ROAR level 3 region championship event.

Batteries
We have been given a rules deviation to allow up to 4300 mah batteries, which means those 4200's you bought for Vegas will be rockin at Ripon.

Motors
All motors must be on the approved motor list. For the most part people know what is legal for stock and mod. For 19 Turn the only ROAR legal motors are the C2's and the KD motors (Chameleon 2 and Komodo).

Bodies
All bodies must be on the ROAR approval list.

Tires
Open tire. As far as what works the best is really going to depend on the dew point and the relative humidity that day / night. For the most part RP30/36's have been the tire of choice depending on track temp. Most likely it will be in the 30 range during the day. At night if the air stays relatively dry and the track does not tack up real hard and it gets cold then you may be running a CS27, RP24 or Sorex 24 if it is humid and the track does tack up real hard then 30's will propbly be the ticket.

Traction Compound
OPEN

What To Bring
Table, chair, shade and an extension. You may want a desk lamp is night light under the awning is OK at best. Outside of the awning or permanent pit spots (12 of these) there will be no lighting.

Hope this helps and see you all in just over a week.

Ruben
Old 10-04-2006, 09:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Thanks for posting the info, Ruben. Hope so see a few of my fellow So Cal crowd up there!!
Old 10-05-2006, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)

It looks like alot of guys from Socal are going to make the race. I saw on the flier that you needed to have a roar membership. I sent away for my membership 2 weeks ago and still have not received my card. Will I still be able to race without my card. I do not want to pay for another membership.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)

oh yah,
Juan Aveytia can you send me a pm... need to ask you some question..
Old 10-06-2006, 11:01 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by King of B Main
oh yah,
Juan Aveytia can you send me a pm... need to ask you some question..
he can't help you...
Old 10-06-2006, 11:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by King of B Main
It looks like alot of guys from Socal are going to make the race. I saw on the flier that you needed to have a roar membership. I sent away for my membership 2 weeks ago and still have not received my card. Will I still be able to race without my card. I do not want to pay for another membership.
Call Fred Howart, ROAR Administrator and see if they have received your application. If not call the track that you signed up at and see what they can do for you. I will have a current member list at the track. Don't let this deter you from a great racing experience on the nicest permanent outdoor paved track on the west coast, we'll make it work for you one way or another.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service