Wiki Posts
Search

RC Drag Racing in California 2006

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 08:23 PM
Tech Initiate

Default RC Drag Racing in California 2006

RC Drag Racers

Here are two groups running 1/10th scale RC drag racing in California that I race with. Both run electric and nitro using www.IMDRA.com specs/rules with some club rules. 1/8th Onroad, Megatech rails and FC's, nitro and electric welcome... Come and see what your car can do from a standing start on a 132' VHT prepped track, get a timing slip to prove it.

SoCal Mini Hot Rod Association http://www.socalmhra.org/ has monthly races, using a full NHRA style timing system, in Rialto, CA at 1440 Linden Ave. For further info go to their website for classes/specs, race schedule and contact info.

Northern California Drag Association (NCDA)
Runs monthly bracket and heads up racing with full NHRA style timing system.
Track is located in Hayward, CA at Autocam, 31069 Genstar Rd. 94544

Click on flyer for details:

http://www.imdra.com/
http://imdra.com/chameleon_LE/index.php NCDA affiliate website
or contact Jeff at [email protected] or Dan at [email protected]
Old 08-04-2006, 11:08 PM
Tech Regular

Crazy, I have always wanted to check out RC drags.
Old 08-06-2006, 09:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Updated start time for SoCalMHRA Aug. 12th race

FYI

The August 12th race at Rialto start time has changed to 5 PM instead of 9 AM. It should be cooler by then....

Location is 1440 N Linden ave.
Rialto, CA.

Flyer with all info at www.socalmhra.org

A/Fuel
Old 08-07-2006, 12:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I remember racing out there once in 2000 I think. We needed a QSAC membership back then, that isn't required now is it? And how are the turnouts for the 'Import' class... that's like my 'dream' r/c drag class
Old 08-19-2006, 07:44 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Import class at MHRA Rialto

We haven't seen many onroad type cars but you can always run them in the Bracket class... Set your dialin and go for it... When they are converted to rear wheel drive they fly.. I've seen them run 2.10 seconds passess up here in Hayward, guys from RAMS run with us also...

A/Fuel
Old 08-21-2006, 10:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Default www.SoCalMHRA.org Aug. 12, 2006 Points race results

Racers

We had a great turnout for the Aug. 12th race at Rialto, CA. We ran 2 classes in Eliminations Top fuel Nitro and Electric 8 Cell. Race started at 5 PM with which allowed air and track to cool down some. Track was well prepared by Race Director Mike Smith.

In TF Nitro the final round saw first time finalist Alex take a well deserved win with his www.Teamwalbern.com rail over points leader and TQ king for 2006 Dragmark with his www.Litespeedengineering.com .21 rail. Margin of victory was less than 1". with 90+ MPH passes by both cars in the 1.7 second range.

Video of races: http://media.putfile.com/Aug-12-06

In 8 Cell electric it was Dave taking the win over many time winner Rainman (World Fastest RC Challenge class winner 2006). This was Daves first race running a drag race vehicle. His reaction times were stellar and his car was very consistent. Congrats to the winners.

For more information on rc drag racing go to: www.imdra.com check the forum section for racing in your state. The Rialto races are hosted by SoCal Mini Hot Rod Association at www.socalmhra.org.

For racing in Northern California (Hayward with the NCDA) go to http://imdra.forumup.org/viewtopic....54&mforum=imdra for more information.

Spectators welcome, come walk thru the pits and see what is all the excitement is about.

Racing only $20, spectators free...

Jeff (A/Fuel)
IMDRA Pacific Division #7