Racer needs help

Old 06-28-2006, 01:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Sponsor update

Good news on the sponsor front. Integy and Darkside have signed on as sponsors for the Sue Rickman Benefit Races, July 22nd (Road Course) and 23rd (Oval), at Thunder Road RC Speedway, in Gordonsville, VA. That makes the current sponsor list Associated, BMI, Darkside, EAMotorSports, Integy, Jaco, SMC and Trinity. Details of the upcoming races can be found at thunderroadrc.com.

On the subject of sponsorship: The above mentioned sponsors have agreed to sponsor the Sue Rickman Benefit Races at Thunder Road. I will contact them, and ask if they would split their sponsorship donations between Thunder Road and Fastlane Raceway in Blue Springs, MO. Fastlane is Timís home track; and they have now agreed to set up a Sue Rickman Benefit Race. Exact details are not yet set, but will be in the near future.

By spreading the (donated) wealth around a bit; we will hopefully raise more money for Timís mother. However, we must bear in mind that none of the sponsors are bound by anything beyond their personal desire to assist in this most worthy cause. At Thunder Road, we will use smaller items as door prizes; and any large items (kits, lathes, etc) will be raffled or auctioned off.

Tim Donley and Fastlane will be running an internet raffle (see separate postings here). Iím hoping the various sponsors will see fit to donate a few larger items to the raffle; but again, weíre dependent upon their good will. Whatever they decide to donate will be put to good use; and will be very much appreciated.

Support for Sue Rickman (Timís mom) is coming in a number of fashions. Racers have been sending Tim checks; the sale of raffle tickets is building steadily; sponsors are still signing on; and we have two tracks holding benefit races, with two more trying to get a race organized. This is turning into a genuine happening! Stay tuned. Thanks; Ernie P.
Old 06-28-2006, 01:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ernie, onroad race, classes/etc for it? Sign-up?

THX
Old 06-28-2006, 06:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I would like to Thank Billy Spence for his support, He has 2 tickets.

I would like to Thank Rick King for his support, He has 3 tickets
Old 06-28-2006, 07:46 PM
Tech Regular

Default Response for Nova F1 Racer

You canc check the details at thunderroadrc.com. For the road course race, we'll run 1:12 Stock; 1:10 Stock TC and 1:10 19-turn TC. All by ROAR rules, of course. No need to sign up in advance; just show up and race. Get there early for a good pit space. Thanks; Ernie P.
Old 06-30-2006, 04:35 PM
Tech Master

I would like to Thank Stonei Mullins for his support. He has 2 tickets

I would like to Thank Neil Cahill for his support. He has 10 tickets

I will be starting a new thread pretty soon with all the raffel items and details. Thanks Tim D.
Old 07-01-2006, 08:40 AM
Tech Master

I would like to Thank Oliver Clipper for his support he has 10 tickets

I would like to Thank Terry Dalton for his support he has 4 tickets

Guys this is going good thanks to all so far, the help is very much appreciated. Tim D.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:20 AM
Tech Regular

Default JACO/SMC

Good news! I just talked with the nice folks at JACO and SMC. They have agreed to support the Sue Rickman Benefit Races at Thunder Road and Fastlane Raceway; *AND* to support the on line raffle. So, Tim will be receiving a box of JACO and SMC goodies to add to the raffle awards. Thanks; Ernie P.
Old 07-03-2006, 07:39 PM
Tech Regular

Default More news!!

Tim; I'm back from vacation, and had time to make a few calls today. **Trinity, J&D Machine (Hyperdrive), and (Gary) McAllister have signed on to support the Sue Rickman Benefit on line auction. Jason at BMI will also be sending another chassis conversion kit for the on line auction.** I'll talk to you about the details. That makes the current list of sponsors look like Associated, BMI, Darkside, EAMotorSports, Integy, Jaco, J&D Machine, McAllister, SMC and Trinity. Fastlane Hobbies and Thunder Road will be doing Sue Rickman Benefit Races. Am I forgetting any one? Let's keep the raffle ticket sales going, guys! Thanks; Ernie P.
Old 07-04-2006, 01:18 PM
Tech Regular

Default Raffle tickets

This is for a great cause, guys. And, a very real chance of picking up some nice stuff. Tickets are only $5.00, and... wait a sec.... *I* forgot to order some! Okay; that's corrected now. Money coming at you, Tim. Thanks; Ernie P.
Old 07-04-2006, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Calling all track owners.... How many of you are willing to run a race and donate the entry fees? I will try to get one going here in Jackson, since I'm not a track owner, I can not make the comment until after I talk with the owners...
Old 07-05-2006, 02:15 AM
Tech Regular

Default Great news!

Great news on both fronts. That makes the current list of sponsors look like Associated, B-Main Motorsports, BMI, Darkside, EAMotorSports, Integy, Jaco, J&D Machine, McAllister, SMC and Trinity. And Fastlane Hobbies, Thunder Road and RC3 are running Sue Rickman Benefit Rcaes. The list is growing! Thanks; Ernie P.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:23 PM
Tech Regular

Default Unexpected sponsor

We at Thunder Road got an unexpected boost for our Sue Rickman Benefit Races on the 22nd and 23rd of July. Unexpected, because it was unsolicited. Jon Anderson of R/K Racing Products sent a box of goodies to be used as door prizes at our Sue Rickman Benefit Races. Jon read about what we're doing here; and he donated the merchandise to help out the cause. Thanks to Jon for his donation.

Okay, Racers; time to start buying some raffle tickets and getting tuned up for the races. This is a great cause; and there are lots of great prizes in the raffle. And there will be lots of fast racing at the Sue Rickman Benefit Races across the country. Not to mention some great door prizes. When is the last time you got to feel really good about this hobby of ours? Thanks; Ernie P.

SPONSORS:
Associated
B-Main Motorsports
BMI
Darkside
EAMotorSports
Integy
Jaco
J&D Machine
McAllister
R/K Racing Products
SMC
Trinity

PARTICIPATING TRACKS:
Fastlane Hobbies; Blue Springs, MO
RC3; Madison, AL; July 16
Thunder Road; Gordonsville, VA; July 22 (Road Course) and July 23 (Oval)
Old 07-08-2006, 04:30 AM
Tech Regular

Default Irrgang Racing Service signs on!

Dave Irrgang and IRS have signed on as sponsors. Thanks, Dave. Ernie P.

SPONSORS:
Associated
B-Main Motorsports
BMI
Darkside
EAMotorSports
Irrgang Racing Service
Integy
Jaco
J&D Machine
McAllister
R/K Racing Products
SMC
Trinity

PARTICIPATING TRACKS:
Old 07-08-2006, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Originally Posted by Ernie P.
Dave Irrgang and IRS have signed on as sponsors. Thanks, Dave. Ernie P.

SPONSORS:
Associated
B-Main Motorsports
BMI
Darkside
EAMotorSports
Irrgang Racing Service
Integy
Jaco
J&D Machine
McAllister
R/K Racing Products
SMC
Trinity

PARTICIPATING TRACKS:
hey Ernie what ever you need let me know fullthrottle is there to help
Old 07-08-2006, 09:38 PM
Tech Regular

Default Response to Bill D.

Bill; I appreciate the offer of assistance from FullThrottle. What would help most is to contact Tim Donley at his address below; and support his on line raffle. He could use a few more goodies for the raffle.

On the local level, have your team guys support the Sue Rickman Benefit Races at Thunder Road RC Speedway in Gordonsville, VA, On July 22nd (Road Course) and July 23rd (Oval). Details, directions, maps and more at thunderroadrc.com.

I won't turn down any donated goodies for our race; but supporting Tim's on line raffle is more important. The best possible support is simply to help spread the word. Of the racers who hear about this, a certain number step forward to buy tickets, support the benefit races, gather new sponsors, spread the word, etc. The more racers who hear about this, the more will step forward to help. Just getting the word out is the biggest thing.

Just knowing FullThrottle is supporting us is a big help. Thanks, Bill; Ernie P.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service