Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Deep South On-Road Series >

Deep South On-Road Series

Deep South On-Road Series

Old 05-30-2006, 03:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default Deep South On-Road Series

I would like to propose and see if any one is interested in getting a 2006 series going, I know it is a little late in the year but I figured I would ask.

Region - MS, TN, LA, AL (keeping the travel short for people on the weekend)

One race per month at a different track.
Using some races that are all ready setup.

June - (OPEN) Hobby Raceway, located in Tuscaloosa Alabama or HobbyTown in Jackson, MS, or A-Train in Birmingham, AL, or Eagle Land R/C Speedway in Watson, LA. I'm sure I missing some, but I'm new so I do not know all the tracks at this point...

July 8 & 9 - Hobby Central in Pensacola, FL (link: http://www.hobbycentralrc.com/SNITZ/...?TOPIC_ID=1275)

August 5th and 6th - Beat the Heat 2006 MSRA in Memphis, TN (link: http://www.msra-racing.com/2006bth/bth06_flyer1.pdf)

September 30, 2006 - SCU, Jackson, MS (link: http://www.smallcarsunlimited.com/links/2006races)

October - (OPEN) Hobby Raceway, located in Tuscaloosa Alabama or HobbyTown in Jackson, MS, or A-Train in Birmingham, AL, or Eagle Land R/C Speedway in Watson, LA.

November - (OPEN) Hobby Raceway, located in Tuscaloosa Alabama or HobbyTown in Jackson, MS, or A-Train in Birmingham, AL, or Eagle Land R/C Speedway in Watson, LA.

The idea is to promote and support the local racing.
Points, - proposal, and I'm new so do not take this to hard...0 points for TQ, plus a point for the postion you finished. Toss out one race, and then have a points winner for the series. Get the Mfg to donate some goods and hand them out to the top 5 or 10 points winners. (I'm trying to figure how to add in the entries for the race, so a bigger race has more weight, then a smaller race. Any ideas???)

Classes :
1 - Stock Novice (if you are within two laps of the TQ, you must move up to Stock)
2 - Stock
3 - Sportsman Nitro
4 - 19T
5 - Expert Nitro
(Not in this order) Yes, the local track could offer more classes, but these above are the ones that count for the series.

Run on Saturday and Sunday, but start on Saturday at 1:00pm for the qualifiers and lower mains (reordering the group after each qualifier), then Sunday for the partice and A & B mains (tring to get done around 1:00pm so people can travel back home). I know this is a long shot, but it is an idea. Unless you think that we could get it all in one day....

Let me know what you think and if you agree this would be possible...
Old 06-01-2006, 08:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

No one is interested??? ok....