Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
2006 Team Vegas Racing Roulette Challenge (Northeast) > 2006 Team Vegas Racing Roulette Challenge (Northeast)

2006 Team Vegas Racing Roulette Challenge (Northeast)

Old 05-16-2006, 06:00 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default 2006 Team Vegas Racing Roulette Challenge (Northeast)

Team Vegas is proud to Announce the creation of the "2006 Team Vegas Racing Roulette Challenge". The Racing Roulette Challenge (RRC) is a point series that will pit some of the best 1/8 scale buggy and truggy racers against each other in events all over the Northeast. This series will make 5 stops throughout the summer at the hottest tracks and races around.

This will be a 5 race point series with 2 drops.

The events that are being used as "qualifying events" are already well estblished events in the region. they are...

June 25, 2006 - Summer Slam - RC Excitement (Fitchburg, MA)
July 30, 2006 - BBQ Blast - RC Madness (Enfield, Ct)
September 3, 2006 - Mass Gas Champs - ETMR (Templeton, MA)
September 23, 2006 - Fall Classic - Route 106 Racepark (Pembroke, NH)
October 8, 2006 - Fall Jamboree - RC Excitement (Fitchburg, MA)

The cost for joining the RRC is only $10. Each driver will receive a free RRC T-Shirt, and we will be awarding prizes to the top 3 in each class. We will also be holding periodical raffles, and all of the point series standings will be available online at http://www.teamvegasrc.com .

For more information about the RRC, please feel free to PM me, or visit http://www.teamvegasrc.com/roulette06.html

Last edited by jmorrison518; 06-19-2006 at 08:23 AM.
Old 05-16-2006, 05:12 PM
Tech Adept

OK, I have recieved a few e-mails throughout the day, and I am finally getting a chance to reply to them. I will add my replies to this thread as well, to hopefully clear up any questions/concerns you may have...

1.) The $10 fee... The $10 fee is a ONE TIME fee and it is just to join the point series. You will still have to pay the normal race fee at each of the tracks that you race at. The $10 is to cover the cost of the T-Shirts that everyone will get, and will also go towards the prizes for the winners at the end of the series.

2.) Rules... The rules of each race will dictate what the rules are for the point series. Some tracks may be more liberal than others in regards to engine and fuel tank sizes, so it is up to the competitors to be sure that they know and are in compliance of the rules for each event before planning to attend.

3.) Handicapping... As of now, there is no plan for any type of handicapping. We were initially planning to use a handicap system, but it seems we were receiving about 90% responses AGAINST handicapping. Your best bet to score well is to attend the most number of races as possible. Some of the races may have a smaller turnout, which will allow a racer to make up points that much easier.

We have received a ton of positive responses for this, and will be updating the website with all of the drivers who have entered the series shortly.
Old 06-08-2006, 05:59 AM
Tech Adept

Due to a scheduling conflict, the race that was originally planned for Wolcott Hobby August 6th (Race 3 of the series) will no longer be part of the Racing Roulette challenge. That race has now been re-scheduled to September 16th and 17th, which is the same day as the ROAR Region 1 Nitro Championships at RC Excitement. I know a lot of racers were planning to attend the regional race, so we donít want to cause a conflict. We will have a new date picked in the next week or so, and will update everyone.

Thanks for your understanding.