Tekno vs associated? Need help!!! >

Tekno vs associated? Need help!!!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By billdelong

Tekno vs associated? Need help!!!

Old 03-07-2024, 04:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Tekno vs associated? Need help!!!

What would be the better car to use for racing? Looking for someone with experience between the 2 cars. Now let's start off with I have both the nitro associated rc8b4 and rc8b4e. Both of them are almost converter to the 4.1 but I just recently bought a Tekno eb48 2.1 and am up in the air of I should get the tekno nb as I like to have both of the same brand cars. I like my rc8s but kind of liking the tekno at the same time. Anyone else ever switch from 1 or the other and preferred 1 over the other?

Old 03-08-2024, 09:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

I race alongside many other drivers who run both AE and TEKNO in both electric and nitro, though I don't race either brand currently, I have raced older versions of each brand.

Any car can be made to run fast so nobody can claim one is better for everyone, it really comes down to your driving style/preference.

AE is better suited for those who prefer a more aggressive car which tends to let the rear slide around, you need to have really fast reflexes to get the most of this platform.
TEKNO is better suited for those who prefer a more stable locked in feel with more confidence on corner exit without concern of the rear end spinning out of control.

TEKNO tends to be more durable as I see fewer DNF's from TEKNO compared to AE among equally skilled drivers.
TEKNO tends to offer better parts support and has a 50% lifetime warranty deal including bodies

Only you can figure out what's best for your driving style, I see equally fast guys running both brands where there's no clear winner on which brand is faster among equally skilled drivers in my area.
RetroThutmose likes this.
Old 03-09-2024, 03:36 AM
Tech Master

I had both and sold the Tekno after less than a tank of fuel through it.
Old 03-09-2024, 04:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Which one are you more consistent with?
Old 03-09-2024, 11:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Haven't really driven the tekno much as of yet, weather has been bad.
Old 03-10-2024, 06:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by James Y
Which one are you more consistent with?
I was better with the AE. The Tekno just felt a bit too sluggish for my liking. As mentioned above the AE has more rotation and Iím just used to the way a PB car drives, same with my MBX8T but Iím a bit more consistent with it than the AE.
Old 03-11-2024, 06:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I prefer my eb48 2.1 I had a rc8b4e last year and switched to tekno towards the end of the offroad season and really enjoyed the way the c-hub car drove. I ended up selling the rc8b4e