Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Alternatives to Ogio >

Alternatives to Ogio

Alternatives to Ogio

Old 02-29-2024, 04:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 221 (100%+)
Default Alternatives to Ogio

I have an Ogio 9800 rig bag but am looking for something better to transport with. Honestly I feel like I bring to much stuff to the track because the bag has so much room. I see some people using things like Milwaukee packout's. Wondering what other guys might be using. Thanks
Old 02-29-2024, 04:32 AM
Tech Initiate

I use Milwaukee Packout. I've seen other brands of rolling toolbox systems and lots of Ogio bags. I've also seen no organized system and using random boxes/bags and multiple trips to their vehicle.
Old 02-29-2024, 08:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pink_sleeve
I have an Ogio 9800 rig bag but am looking for something better to transport with. Honestly I feel like I bring to much stuff to the track because the bag has so much room. I see some people using things like Milwaukee packout's. Wondering what other guys might be using. Thanks

I'm using a packout system and I find it to be overkill for our uses. The temptation to just load it up with all my tools, fluids, support gear and the cars is too much.

I'm going to be changing it out for the Festool systainer as soon as I can.
Old 02-29-2024, 08:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Craftsman 2 or 3 drawer toolbox or equivalent. Has a handle on top. Stuff in top. Drawer for tools and drawer for ur other miscellaneous stuff.
d
Old 02-29-2024, 08:39 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Sabin
I'm using a packout system and I find it to be overkill for our uses. The temptation to just load it up with all my tools, fluids, support gear and the cars is too much.

I'm going to be changing it out for the Festool systainer as soon as I can.
The systainer system is nice. Yet same temptation exists to load up any stacking system.
Old 02-29-2024, 08:40 AM
Tech Champion

I also want something different and more upright to take up less space in our pit area at the track if that makes sense.
Old 02-29-2024, 10:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I use the Dewalt Tstak system. It is cheaper and smaller then the Milwaukee packout. I use the dedicated trolley and it makes it nice. I have 2 of the single drawer units, 2 of the double drawer units and a top box on the trolley. I can get everything I need for most days in one trip. I throw the cars on top and carry my transmitter case in my other hand. Works very well for me.
Old 02-29-2024, 11:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 0010
I use the Dewalt Tstak system. It is cheaper and smaller then the Milwaukee packout. I use the dedicated trolley and it makes it nice. I have 2 of the single drawer units, 2 of the double drawer units and a top box on the trolley. I can get everything I need for most days in one trip. I throw the cars on top and carry my transmitter case in my other hand. Works very well for me.
I also use the Dewalt T-Stak setup and love it. YES, I take a lot more with me than I need, but it helps me more often and allows me to help others. Its much lighter than Milwaukee. I have 2 single tall drawers, 1 double short drawers, one large box and two small boxes also on the Trolley. The Trolley is awesome as it rolls easy on flat smooth surfaces but the Trolley is also a hand truck for rougher surfaces. I have a paper towel holder off etsy for it. It's great! ... LOL (I sound like Tony the Tiger )

Then I have my ProTek M17 radio box. And then the Koswork 1/10th bag that holds three cars and all my parts.

One Note: This is for local club racing. If you travel and need to fly, nothing can beat that Ogio bag.
Old 03-01-2024, 03:33 PM
Tech Addict

The Hart stack system from WalMart is a decent alternative if cost is an issue.

A decent variety of boxes so you can customize your setup.
Old 03-03-2024, 07:35 AM
Tech Adept

I use fishing tackle box. It has 5 plastic bins for parts and tools and end pockets for a few larger tools.
Old 03-05-2024, 09:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by requiem33
The systainer system is nice. Yet same temptation exists to load up any stacking system.
The trick is to only choose two units, then use it efficiently.
Old 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Tech Champion

After looking at the packout and other systems they seem to weight a lot more once loaded. Maybe i'm looking for something smaller like an Ogio layover or terminal bag. Anyone use either of those?
Old 03-08-2024, 07:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I use an Ogio trucker bag. Perfect size for my needs.