Like Tree7Likes

New track

Old 12-23-2023, 09:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ac. Large tvs for the scoring and positions. E.g. rc live.
Lighted pit area.
maybe heat during the winter.
A nice set up or tech table. Say a 3x4 marble slab.
a food truck vendor services.
adequate parking space.
a drivers stand
...i dont need a lot. Lol!
space for family and friends like a lounge. Video games. Tv. Vending Machines. Idk. Like at a car.dealership but better.
D​​​
Old 12-23-2023, 09:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

...oh and you have to have redbull and or coffee.
Old 12-23-2023, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Why don't you all wait and let the OP clarify whether he was going for an outdoor or an indoor venue instead of piling up ideas that are only suitable for an indoor track?

And even if we are truly speaking about an indoor track here, none (and I really mean none!) of the tracks around here has all these fancy things some of you guys propose (demand?). Not even close. But I begin to see why tracks have such a hard time over there...
gigaplex likes this.
Old 12-23-2023, 10:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DirkW

And even if we are truly speaking about an indoor track here, none (and I really mean none!) of the tracks around here has all these fancy things some of you guys propose (demand?). Not even close. But I begin to see why tracks have such a hard time over there...
I tried to take a lot of the stuff my track does and actually only added a couple things. Last track change the vacuums where horrible, missing parts, filters and bags full. Frustrating for the owner. The mini crawler course is cool because dads usually bring their kids. The track is too hard usually or they are just too young. The crawler course is almost a free babysitter. The track website has an event calendar thatís usually up to date and has the rules posted and what classes they run. Easy to look up before you go. They also got some small snacks and a vending machine. I I think this is mostly for their own profits. Fill it up with Costco water and sodas. charge a dollar and should be decent profit. Usually during a race day I buy one or two. Lucky for us a neighbor has a taco truck that comes by Fridays and the weekend. Itís okay and kinda overpriced though. They do offer monthly passes but I added the idea of 2 tiers. Right now itís expensive but itís unlimited practice and race classes. The practice pass the offer makes more sense to me. Pay for 5 practices/races 2 are free. They got 1 main clear webcam and 3 others to view the entire track. Also about 5 tvs to display live practice/race times. Through the facility. Granted the owner has been there for almost 10 years and still races. Itís located in a big city but kinda in the warehouse district. You would probably never drive by it normally but lots of people still come out.

the practice everyday is honestly probably what keeps it going. Thereís usually one monthly pass member just hanging out there daily.

i even forgot they offer rentals. Not a race grade buggy but something like a slash or rb10. Geared wayyyy low and and high turn motor. Something to get someone on the track and be able to get around somewhat easily

feeling like an outlier more and more.
http://www.norcalhobbies.com/