Setup Sheet for NewRed Hobbies > B6.2d

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By motorXhead

Setup Sheet for NewRed Hobbies > B6.2d

Old 07-08-2022, 01:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Setup Sheet for NewRed Hobbies > B6.2d

I am still a little new to racing and recently moved to FL, (about and hour north of Tampa). this track seems to be the best around here. although its 75 miles away from me

does anyone have a setup sheet for a B6.2/.3 for NewRed Hobbies in FL? (i was going to post in the FL forum but thought it might be better here if there was people that have traveled to this track.)

TIA
Jaredf likes this.
Old 07-17-2022, 03:09 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

If youíre on Facebook thereís a pretty good group specifically for Newreds. This is one I found off there and based my setup on, Iím just starting off racing in the novice class.
Old 07-18-2022, 06:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaredf View Post

If youíre on Facebook thereís a pretty good group specifically for Newreds. This is one I found off there and based my setup on, Iím just starting off racing in the novice class.
ok thanks
Old 07-21-2022, 07:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thats very similar to what I would run when I was down there. Except I'd never run a gear diff again on dirt. I've tired it over and over (even at new reds) and never liked it. It MIGHT work for some drivers, but thats rare and if you're unfamiliar with setup you wont be able to work around its negatives.

Also any production slicks vs treaded tires is a much better idea. New reds is high grip high wear and thicker production slicks is what you want. Glue your front sidewalls and you should be good to go. I'm an AKA driver and clay compound is the clearly faster compound, but I have run SSLW some times to reduce grip and maybe get some longer life. Might be good for some practice packs, but clay compounds are the fastest.

Oh and I always run the +3 chassis on high grip dirt tracks and I still have a B6.2D, so I run the narrow pivots and 75mm arms. I need to experiment more at new reds with the wide pivot and 73mm arms, but my car was plenty fast with as a B6.2D.