Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Amb/Mylap counter systems general questions running two different systems at once >

Amb/Mylap counter systems general questions running two different systems at once

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By skife

Amb/Mylap counter systems general questions running two different systems at once

Old 06-04-2022, 07:35 PM
Tech Regular

Location: northern Indiana southern Michigan all depends on the day.
Default Amb/Mylap counter systems general questions running two different systems at once

ok so with mylaps killing off all the old transponders and MRt. i tripped over a lap counter that use the old amb singals and but not the read newer mylaps 4 ones. and was thinking..... i could use this clone amb decoder to cover transponders that the new mylaps decoders wont read. basicly two different systems to get full Compatibility of transponder out there. has anyone tryed this before or something similar is it even posable? both will be in the same spot or use the same loop.
Old 06-04-2022, 09:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I believe HRCR in Hayden, ID is running two decoders simultaneously. I could be wrong, but it would be worth a reach out to them.
Old 06-05-2022, 12:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Depends on your race software. Pretty sure Livetime supports multiple decoders. But you need two separate loops.
Old 08-01-2022, 06:21 PM
Tech Master

I had brought this up to Kory from livetime when we conducted the Ifmar worlds in Las Vegas in 2016. That race was the first time i saw 4 or 5 decoders all in a stack on a network. Amazing. His short answer was yes it could be done. but my question was could you funnel both an ip number for the more modern box and a usb to serial for the older LED box i had in mind. I would take the time to contact livetime i believe on the hotline phone number you get Erik most of the time and if Brandon answers that is the owner. best of luck with this- keep us posted on the result
Old 09-25-2022, 08:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Valentine's day is going to be interesting. The mylaps/amb patent on transponders expires.
gigaplex likes this.
Old 11-20-2022, 03:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

laps free will use both amb and mylaps and its Free!
Old 11-23-2022, 08:04 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

killer, what do you mean they are killing off the older transponders? are tey doing the same thing they did in full size motorsport and going to a subscription type transponder?