Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tomkatn

Weight

Old 07-19-2021, 08:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Weight

Was wandering if anybody runs weight in the nose of their dr10 and if so how did you attach it to the chassis
Old 07-19-2021, 08:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randi View Post
Was wandering if anybody runs weight in the nose of their dr10 and if so how did you attach it to the chassis
Probably get a better response to your inquiry over here ...

Drag Racing Forum - R/C Tech Forums (rctech.net)
gigaplex likes this.
Old 07-21-2021, 03:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by tomkatn View Post
Probably get a better response to your inquiry over here ...

Drag Racing Forum - R/C Tech Forums (rctech.net)
could a mod just move the topic?

Anyway...

I see a lot more aero bits on Dr10s than I do weight. It's already a bit hefty of a car compared to the carbon fiber chassis the top dogs are running. I've run weights on the front bumper of my slash and AE cars, but I'm going to get away from that and try a front splitter. No results to speak of yet.
Old 07-22-2021, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nineball View Post
could a mod just move the topic?

Anyway...

I see a lot more aero bits on Dr10s than I do weight. It's already a bit hefty of a car compared to the carbon fiber chassis the top dogs are running. I've run weights on the front bumper of my slash and AE cars, but I'm going to get away from that and try a front splitter. No results to speak of yet.
Aero won't help at the start of the run, which is when it's most likely to pop a wheelie.
Old 07-23-2021, 01:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by gigaplex View Post
Aero won't help at the start of the run, which is when it's most likely to pop a wheelie.
This is true, but if you're popping a wheelie, your wheelie bar isnt set right. Or you're running 13.5, not allowed a wheelie bar, and wtf gearing are you running? And if it's still an issue, you need to drop the chassis. A little rake is good, but a low chassis that's parallel to the ground is physically harder to cause to wheelie than one that rides high.

That said, weight isnt all bad. Anything from stick-on weights from an auto parts store or the rc plane section at your LHS to the fancy machined brass parts. I know there are brass option parts for the DR10 now, like the servo mount, bulkhead, and others.