• 2 Post By trackdesigner71
  • 2 Post By trackdesigner71
  • 1 Post By Marcos.J

Sad News From Cleveland

Old 10-25-2020, 09:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Sad News From Cleveland

I don't know how many of you saw this one on Facebook but this announcement was posted on the US Indoor Championships FB page as well as the USCarpet Offroad Championships page:

To all our family of the US Indoor Champs,
As we all know 2020 has been a year of uncertainty, Uncertainty of the now and of the future. As this summer continued, our hope was for the severity of the virus to subside and life would be somewhat back to normal come the fall. As we all know this has not been the case. We have worked very hard with the hotel to come up with a game plan that would allow us to host the Champs. Unfortunately with the increased restrictions from the state of Ohio as well as the surrounding states and the current restrictions not allowing people from some of the neighboring states to travel to Ohio, we have no option but to cancel the 2020 US Indoor Champs event. Safety is our #1 concern and we feel that at this stage of the current situation, this is the correct thing to do. We understand that this has become a tradition for so many racers each year but this year is unlike any other and we will have to just wait till 2021 to gather again in Cleveland.
Full refunds for all racers who made payment will be sent back immediately and we hope everyone understands that we have to err on the side of caution and safety for everyone involved.
Thank you all for your understanding and may you all be safe during these unprecedented times.
The US Indoor Champs is the longest continuously running RC race (until this year) and the US Carpet Offroad Championships was set to build off the success of the USIC. Here's to a return for both in 2021!
AHR43 and billdelong like this.

Last edited by trackdesigner71; 10-26-2020 at 12:49 PM.
Old 11-18-2020, 06:11 AM
Tech Regular

2020 cannot end fast enough.
Old 11-18-2020, 09:37 AM
Tech Champion

I concur.
Old 11-19-2020, 07:40 AM
Tech Addict

Sadly, 2020 remains a tough go for RC racing. My track early terminated its 2020 season last August and made appropriate trophy and medal presentations. Already two races into the 2021 season beginning this fall on the back yard track. 2020 in the rear view mirror. Hoping 2021 is a better RC racing year for all. Chin up and Cheers. 'AC'
Old 11-19-2020, 08:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

My club has only had one race day since April due to my area going into lockdown
Old 11-20-2020, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

Unhappy

Last edited by the rc guy; 11-22-2020 at 12:07 PM.
Old 11-20-2020, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by the rc guy View Post
So you think that 2021 will be any different LOL. nope this was a man refined virus unleashed on the world .(and nothing has been done about it)..so we now have a shot by 2 makers that has to be made then sent to distributions areas then given to the public . we are stuck with this bug until its is wiped out..im thinking in maybe 3 years from now things might go back to b4 March 2020 times but that still will take awhile...
That conspiracy theory has been debunked many times.
Old 11-21-2020, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

Talking

deleted outa respect..

Last edited by the rc guy; 11-22-2020 at 12:07 PM.
Old 11-21-2020, 05:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Wow. At least it is not a hoax anymore. With the rollout of the vaccines, we should be good for next fall. Skipping one year wonít kill anybody, especially this year. I have seen current videos of racing around the country and I hardly ever see masks. Even when there was/is a mandate, half the racers still donít wear masks. Oh well. I guess we will now hear how masks donít do any good, and actually cause disease.
Old 11-21-2020, 06:48 PM
Tech Champion

Whoa whoa whoa...let's just shut this down right now everyone. This isn't a discussion about COVID-19 or mask mandates or politicizing this discussion. This is about the fact that a new up and coming event and the longest continuously running RC event in America are not happening this year. If you want to go down that rabbit hole, take it to the appropriate forum, because this aint it. We all clear on that?
Marcos.J and gigaplex like this.
Old 11-22-2020, 09:56 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 213 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trackdesigner71 View Post
Whoa whoa whoa...let's just shut this down right now everyone. This isn't a discussion about COVID-19 or mask mandates or politicizing this discussion. This is about the fact that a new up and coming event and the longest continuously running RC event in America are not happening this year. If you want to go down that rabbit hole, take it to the appropriate forum, because this aint it. We all clear on that?
spot on
gigaplex likes this.
Old 11-23-2020, 10:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (99%+)

The hank didn't get 1 race this yr and this would have been r 34 yr i believe... of the annual hank perry 240

But the 1 thing i love about racing is there's always a next time

Next yr we will be better