Old 02-06-2020, 04:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Whatís best 4wd buggy

What do you guys think is the best 4wd buggy for carpet
Old 02-06-2020, 05:29 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

You know that’s an almost impossible question to get a answer for. XRay people will say Xray, Losi people will say Losi. Associated people will tout their history. And so on.

What usually the suggestion is to see what’s run where you will be racing at. That would give better chance and getting assistance if/when needed. Also what part will be easily available.

I’ll be starting in 4wheel buggy in next few weeks, small chance could be this weekend. I bought an older Serpent. Deal was too good to pass. But I know the track does not carry anything for it. So if something breaks, my day will be done in that class. But I’m okay with that. This was to just get me on to the track. Then I’ll figure out what to move to. Associated and Losi are what the track/store have in stock.

Sorry if went off the question. Long day, started snow plowing at 3:30am.
billdelong and Norse like this.
Old 02-07-2020, 06:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

I would recommend looking for some review threads where drivers discuss the various options that are available in each respective kit. Take your time cross referencing which may help you make a decision on which brand is best suited for your needs. I've been running the PR Racing 401R for about a year now and couldn't be happier with this kit:
BUILD/REVIEW: PR Racing 401R

Last edited by billdelong; 02-07-2020 at 11:37 AM.
Old 02-07-2020, 07:28 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by billdelong View Post
I would recommend looking for some review threads where drivers discuss the various options that are available in each respective kit. Take your time cross referencing which may help you make a decision on which brand is best suited for your needs. I've been running the PR Racing 401R for just over a year now and couldn't be happier with this kit:
BUILD/REVIEW: PR Racing 401R
How would that buggy be on carpet? Iíll read your review when get the chance over weekend. I know 2wheel buggy are becoming specific. One for dirt, one for carpet.
Old 02-07-2020, 08:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post
How would that buggy be on carpet? Iíll read your review when get the chance over weekend. I know 2wheel buggy are becoming specific. One for dirt, one for carpet.
Yes the platform offers a very wide tuning range which is suited very well for both carpet and dirt... I have only ran it on turf and carpet, there are tons of aftermarket options available for it too!
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 02-07-2020, 09:12 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by billdelong View Post
Yes the platform offers a very wide tuning range which is suited very well for both carpet and dirt... I have only ran it on turf and carpet, there are tons of aftermarket options available for it too!
I like the price. Iím gonna start with a Serpent SDX4 that I bought last spring. Once I see where Iím at. And how often I can or am willing to make the drive. Iíll have to really consider it.

Unlike Touring cars, Iím not find good deals on used.
billdelong likes this.
Old 02-07-2020, 02:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Thanks

I currently run tekno and just wanted to get other people opinion I never heard of that 401 looks like a nice buggy
billdelong and Billy Kelly like this.
Old 05-25-2020, 07:35 AM
Tech Rookie

Would you like to sell the Serpent ??
Old 06-14-2020, 07:46 PM
Tech Adept

TLR 22X-4 by far.
Old 07-24-2020, 11:31 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jug head View Post
What do you guys think is the best 4wd buggy for carpet

I'm sure our got your car by now, but for those who are just now reading this, this question is like asking someone what is the best hand gun or what is the best dirtbike. Ultimately, it's personal preference. You can't go wrong with a name brand unit. The ones that win all the time are not really the fastest, they just have the better drivers. I have raced with Associated, Losi, Kyosho, and Traxxas. I performed and won with all of them. Sure there is a different driving style for each of them, but that's all it was. I adjusted them to my match my style of driving.

Personally, I ended up racing Kyosho cars. I chose them only because I like to be different from everyone else. It makes it more competitive that way because every has to prove there car brand is better. In reality, it's the driver who is better because he knows how to tune his car and drive it better. Just like motorcycle racing. Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Suzuki, and KTM are all excellent bikes, but it's the rider who wins the races. This is proven when the rider changes brands and continues to win races. Look at all the factory RC drivers out there. They still place in the same position, when racing, even after they have changed manufacturers.
RCDaddy2105 likes this.
Old 08-03-2020, 01:57 PM
wfo
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

TLR 22x-4 out of the box is amazing , add some springs and it gets better!
Old 08-03-2020, 06:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Geez. This question doesn't have an answer. BUT if I were to get a straight up carpet car, it would be something that UK guys drive and I would refer to there setups as well. UK guys are carpet only for the most part. Everyone says the 22x is great and a believe it. But for my money, it would be the Schumacher Cat L1 evo.
nexxus likes this.
Old 08-11-2020, 02:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I run a tekno eb410 4wd buggy
Old 08-11-2020, 06:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I love my b74 but a lot of people have been selling the b74 for the tlr 22x-4
Old 11-09-2020, 03:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Eb410.2

The eb410.2 was a deal(slightly used) and has been durable, easy to clean and maintain and fast as shit. Been holding up to ďplayingĒ with it to get a feel for it on the track.
advpball likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.