Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Whatís best 4wd buggy >

Whatís best 4wd buggy

Like Tree11Likes

Whatís best 4wd buggy

Old 12-26-2020, 10:16 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post
I like the price. Iím gonna start with a Serpent SDX4 that I bought last spring. Once I see where Iím at. And how often I can or am willing to make the drive. Iíll have to really consider it.

Unlike Touring cars, Iím not find good deals on used.
I to purchased the SDX4 a couple of years ago. Working for yourself doesn't leave you with much time for hobbies. I think that the EVO parts will fit our buggies. So it shouldn't be too hard to find parts. I'm getting back into the hobby, but never raced.
Old 01-06-2021, 10:40 AM
Tech Adept

Like JohnWayne805, I am running the EB410.2. So far this has been an amazing buggy for my driving style on indoor turf. The box setup would probably be good for clay and dirt tracks but I felt that the buggy was more sluggish to rotate than I was used to. I made adjustments to the setup and now do not have any problem getting the kit to do what I want on the track. Drivers have been complaining about the durability of the updated rear hubs but so far I have not had any issues with my kit.
Old 01-06-2021, 04:59 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

"I think my 4wd buggy is the best... because it's mine... and I want everyone to have what I have..."

This is the answer you will be hearing the most. The fact is, it doesn't matter. Choose a brand you like the most and pick their newest version. What really matters is how you tune it.

The main thing to remember is, "Have fun with it!"
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 01-07-2021, 07:31 AM
Tech Champion

Maybe an ideay to look up some race results?
https://events.redrc.net/category/racing/off-road/

But basically what the race results or what others say what is the best buggy there is a chance that it will not suit you or it is not easy to get beside the most important question if you are that guy who can get the best out of a car.

So the best choice is what you can get and what is runned at your track.
Old 01-07-2021, 09:22 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

I like watching RC Razor reviews on youtube even thought I don't race carpet off-road. He is one of the few youtubers who can actually turn a wheel on a racetrack and buys up a variety of 4WD buggies to test and give in-depth reviews.
RazorRC likes this.
Old 01-13-2021, 09:04 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hereís one for ya how bout get one that your local hobby shop has parts for bc like my lhs doesnít carry Xray parts but the track I race at is a dealer for them so I have an xray xb4 2020