Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
How many classes do you race a season ? >

How many classes do you race a season ?

Like Tree4Likes

How many classes do you race a season ?

Old 10-30-2019, 02:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default How many classes do you race a season ?

I searched and didn't find a specific thread with this question. How many different car classes do race a season? On-Road or Off-road you could easily have more then a dozen classes available to race , do you usually stick to one or two or rotate through different classes throughout the year ? Why?
Old 10-30-2019, 02:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Only one at the moment; TT02

Have a mini ready to go, but no one else is running one at our track right now.

​​​​Also building a chassis up for stock/21.5, as that's a strong class where I race.
Old 10-30-2019, 02:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Always racing 1/8 ebuggy(outdoor)and 4WD SCT(outdoor/indoor clay). Sometimes 2wd mod or stock sct(outdoor/indoor clay or carpet).
Old 10-30-2019, 02:58 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

So far I’ve only raced with one group. We started with F1 and USGT. Added 17.5TC for one summer. But lost USGT. I’ve had a VTA car ready for 18 months, but not raced it. Also have couple 1/12 ready and a mod car and Euro truck that another group was planning to, be failed to get started.

I’ve been racing small scale(MiniZ) for the last year. 2 classes regular, 1 if enuff show up. We adding a new class in November or December.

I’m very close to trying first off road(carpet) race. 17.5 2wheel buggy. I’ve got a 13.5 4wheel buggy in progress
Old 10-30-2019, 03:20 PM
Tech Regular

One, Electric Stadium Truck, because that is all my track supports.

In a previous RC life, I tried running two classes in RC Drag Racing. It was O.K. unless both cars advanced beyond the semi-finals. Then it was a hassle to make prep to run. So backed off to one.

Pretty much I'm a one class guy. I'm kinda challenged at set up and driving, so focus on one class.
Old 10-30-2019, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm a masochist. I often run 3 classes in a day. I wouldn't recommend it unless you don't care about setup and maintenance.
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 10-30-2019, 08:20 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gigaplex View Post
I'm a masochist. I often run 3 classes in a day. I wouldn't recommend it unless you don't care about setup and maintenance.
Not a luxury we have here, people have this stupid obsession with getting through a race meet quickly if it only has 4 or 5 races per round so they get home early.

I have two special needs kids, as much as I love them dearly I need my time out, so I am not in a major rush to get home

I'd like to run 2 or 3 classes, but when you have 2 minutes between races and 10 minutes between rounds only 4 or 5 races per round it's just not doable.
Old 10-30-2019, 08:43 PM
Tech Elite

Only because racers can't make up their darn minds what to race. One week it's WGTR. Next week stock 12. Next week it's F1. I only want to run 2 classes, but have to bring 4 cars to the track just to make sure that I have 1 class to race in.

I'm going to start skipping the entire 2nd round of qualifying and go get lunch from now on. There's no B main to get bumped down to, and the starting order is worthless.
Old 10-30-2019, 09:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nexxus View Post
Not a luxury we have here, people have this stupid obsession with getting through a race meet quickly if it only has 4 or 5 races per round so they get home early.

I have two special needs kids, as much as I love them dearly I need my time out, so I am not in a major rush to get home

I'd like to run 2 or 3 classes, but when you have 2 minutes between races and 10 minutes between rounds only 4 or 5 races per round it's just not doable.

this sounds like our track, but we dont get the 10 mins in between, haha.
Im in no rush at all to get back home, its the one time a week I get to go out and have me time away from the family i so dearly love.
I tried doing two classes there, but it was race, marshal, race, marshal, and it was too hectic for me, so once class usually, unless I talk to the track guys and find out it will be less hectic, then I will go for two classes.
Old 10-30-2019, 11:56 PM
Tech Elite

I still do it when there's only 5 races per round. Not recommended
Old 10-31-2019, 01:20 AM
Tech Initiate

I race in 4 classes but not more than 2 at one session, I can't handle the stress
Old 10-31-2019, 02:09 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gigaplex View Post
I still do it when there's only 5 races per round. Not recommended
I can do it if I run the pair of Xrays I have but if I am taking the Awesomatix out, forget it, one class only and even then time is limited.

Bloody needy cars.....
gigaplex likes this.
Old 10-31-2019, 04:51 AM
Tech Elite

I can do it if I run the pair of Xrays I have but if I am taking the Awesomatix out, forget it, one class only and even then time is limited.

Bloody needy cars.....
I'm not surprised, every AMX I've seen has to hit the setup station every run. Whereas I just charge my packs and run, my tyres only get prepped for the first run of the day.
Old 10-31-2019, 07:06 AM
Tech Rookie

Just getting back in after a year off, so I just did one (1/10 4wd, outdoor off road) to get in the swing of things. Going to add a second over winter. I want to do 1/10 stadium truck, but everyone is a big baby about running them outdoors. At the big year end race at the track, they actually had 1/10 truggy. I was watching and a dude beside me said something along the lines of "I can't imagine bringing my 1/10 to an outdoor track." He got an involuntary side eye from me.

I'm not as interested in 1/8th stuff, so I'm probably going to pick up 2wd Short course (we run everything open motor around here). It's a light class except for big races, so probably mostly going to be lumped into 4wd or novice, but no bigs. I've had club race days where my 1/10 4wd ran with 1/8 ebuggy because I was the only one there. It worked out for club race, since I told the guys I'd try to keep clear of them, but try not to run over the yellow cartoon paint job buggy.
Old 10-31-2019, 07:53 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RockinTheCasbah View Post
I searched and didn't find a specific thread with this question. How many different car classes do race a season? On-Road or Off-road you could easily have more then a dozen classes available to race , do you usually stick to one or two or rotate through different classes throughout the year ? Why?
OP did not say, but wonder if it makes any difference if the racing is indoors or outdoors? Will an indoor course support the ability race more classes than outdoor? Or the other way around?

Cheers and Regards. AC

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.