Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
what to do about no treasury report in non profit club >

what to do about no treasury report in non profit club

what to do about no treasury report in non profit club

Old 07-02-2019, 08:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default what to do about no treasury report in non profit club

the president of our club has refused to deliver a treasury report in our non profit racing club for over 10 years now even tho members have stood up and asked for it in meetings.. I can not even mention what happened when a new treasurer was voted in except for the president was involved in the new treasurer removal from club. does this crap go on in other clubs? i have belonged to other clubs where the treasury report came every year. its used to see how the club could expand and grow. i am not looking to resolve the problem here. im just looking for ways others have handled this problem. also info on other clubs and their treasury reports. if you do post here i would appreciate you keep names out of this.

if you want to keep it totally quiet feel free to PM me instead of post

Last edited by cobra22431; 07-05-2019 at 01:03 PM.
Old 07-02-2019, 08:44 AM
Tech Master

is this going to affect you legally in any way?
if it will call a lawyer and do what they tell you to
I raced at a track non npo..for profit and racers could watch the ones in charge do the ole walk around and pass the registration fees around. and then you would here them complain about needing new gear and having no money to replace it..They had no liability insurance they name not registered with state .nothing . so I carried my own insurance 2.5 million and it was not cheap but I did other things so I had to have me protected ..
Old 07-02-2019, 09:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by the rc guy View Post
is this going to affect you legally in any way?
if it will call a lawyer and do what they tell you to
I raced at a track non npo..for profit and racers could watch the ones in charge do the ole walk around and pass the registration fees around. and then you would here them complain about needing new gear and having no money to replace it..They had no liability insurance they name not registered with state .nothing . so I carried my own insurance 2.5 million and it was not cheap but I did other things so I had to have me protected ..
no wont affect me legally but it is affecting the club in a negative way. the name is registered with our state. I should check into the insurance but it will be another question gone unanswered most likely. so i count your post as another club being operated in a shady way. I sure hope this is not normal!
Old 07-03-2019, 01:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cobra22431 View Post
the president of our club has refused to deliver a treasury report in our non profit racing club for over 10 years now even tho members have stood up and asked for it in meetings.. I can not even mention what happened when a new treasurer was voted in except for the president was involved in the new treasurer removal from club. does this crap go on in other clubs? i have belonged to other clubs where the treasury report came every year. its used to see how the club could expand and grow. i am not looking to resolve the problem here. im just looking for ways others have handled this problem. also info on other clubs and their treasury reports. if you do post here i would appreciate you keep names out of this.
Sounds like the Pres might be dipping their hands in the till, and doesn't want anyone noticing. It might be time to vote someone else in instead.
Old 07-03-2019, 06:16 AM
Tech Master

This activity happens all the time in many other sports hobby or activities.. I was involved with ayso when I was confronted by the F clueless know nothing B ..Intelligence are they nope not in my days..a president of a division had stolen 3.8 million .. heres what I know not a lot . he reused uniforms the kids parent paid for new , he used old balls instead of buying new..he was supposed to pay these young High school refs he never did.. luckily the league survived old pres living someplace in Bahamas now....seen companies fail and steal all employees tools..Mac and snapon boxes fillied 1983...so there be dirty birds ..
Old 07-04-2019, 01:00 PM
Tech Champion

I have seen it happen very close, it took 17 years the right people figured out there were some hidden blank spots in the books. Back in the 90's me and 2 of my mates saw weird things happen on the club arround the cantine. Talked with the board of te club and nothing happened. Then we made it open and we were thrown out. Finally about 8 years ago a new treasurer went through the books and did found the gaps. To get more sight on all the money changes were made like a new cash register in the cantine with which all outhoing products were registerd and could be compared with the bought stuff from the super market.
The guy refused to coörperate and finally the treasurer found out that over the last 5 years more than 25.000 euro was gone. After 2 years finding all the gaps the guy was thrown out, the chairman who was the chairmen all that time should have known it and was asked to leave kindly or else being thrown out as well and we did got excuses and the offer to be a member again.

With a real car clup (Opel/Vauxhall GSI) there were paying members but every event you still had to pay the full price. My first AGM with that club there was no financial talk and no fanancial status shown to the members which must be done by law. Finally all kind of stories came up like a purchased 2 liter modified turbo engine payed with money from the club. That club did fell apart.....

The sadest thing of those examples is that 90% of the clubmembers do not care, as long they have fun.....
Old 07-06-2019, 08:35 AM
Tech Master

Go to guidestar.look if your current ..if 9090 and 501C3 is not current its no longer a non profit. unless your exempt from it