Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
How many on road tracks are there in USA? >

How many on road tracks are there in USA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Billy Kelly
  • 1 Post By 1spunspur
  • 1 Post By Nerobro
  • 1 Post By Zerodefect
  • 2 Post By P2gee

How many on road tracks are there in USA?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2019, 06:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default How many on road tracks are there in USA?

I realize that what we do is very niche. Even amongst bashers, many are not aware of on road racing. I'm lucky to be only half hour away from my local track and an awesome track at that: 360v2. I don't forsee our hobby getting bigger only smaller. The next generation are simply not into what we are into. That said, what would your guesstimate be for the remaining tracks that are stI'll around? My guess is under 500 but I could be totally off.

Old 02-28-2019, 07:08 PM
Tech Prophet

Google gave this. It’s definitely not updated as it lists a few that have closed in Illinois. Plus a few were listed twice. And it included a couple slot car tracks. Looked to be both on and off road.

https://www.rccaraction.com/rccarstrackdirectory
johnzhou2476 likes this.
Old 02-28-2019, 07:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

https://www.facebook.com/APEXRaceway...PvHMerh3OTSFWf

Home of the U.S.VTA+ Southern Nationals in Music City U.S.A.

also home of multiple National Champions like Eric "EA" Anderson(owner) and Matt Lyons
Old 02-28-2019, 07:35 PM
Tech Master

Old 02-28-2019, 08:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Johnzouh2476, why are you the bearer of bad news? This hobby has been ever changing. Sometimes there's nothing holding it together except for old die hards like the ones that read this forum. Who ever thought that crawlers would ever catch on. I got one sitting next to me right now. I've had two on-road cars stolen from me. Not just store bought but built from scratch. I still play any time I find a fairly good patch of asphalt or rocky patch of dirt. Word of advise, don't have the funeral until the corpse is dead.
speedxl likes this.
Old 02-28-2019, 09:18 PM
Tech Regular

Hey man I love this hobby just as much as you do. I am just being realistic. Unless something drastic is done, I don't foresee a ressuragance. I play my part to support the hobby and I try to get my son involved. This and fishing are some of the best things you can do for father and son bonding.
Old 02-28-2019, 10:19 PM
Tech Champion

There's three within 2 hours of me. 1.5 hours for two of those.

That ain't so bad. And the low club attendance makes it a perfect time for new blood to jump in. And a good time to try radical new spec rules like Canam.

Bouncy castles, Vta, F1, Wgtr are all great classes for newbs to start in. Remember it was pretty bad before the TC parking lot craze, as well.
Old 02-28-2019, 11:38 PM
Tech Elite

Parking lot racing needs to make a comeback. And $85 transponders and $3000 track electronics isn't helping.... *twitches*
johnzhou2476 likes this.
Old 03-01-2019, 03:49 AM
Tech Champion

My AMB transponders are 15+ years old and haven't failed a single time. Best bargain in Rc.
GrandeGixxer likes this.
Old 03-01-2019, 08:16 AM
Tech Regular

So I did a quick tally of all the tracks in USA using the link that Billy provided, and the facts are very interesting. In total there are 940 tracks in USA, let’s just say half of those are on road tracks, that’s not a whole lot of racers and yet we are seeing so many players in the on road market (AX, Xray T4, Associated 7.2, Mugen, Schumacher, Serpent project 4x, Destiny, Xpress , 3 Racing, ARC, Tamiya, and etc…). My guess is that most of the demand for on road cars are coming from Europe and Asia. There’s simply not enough demand in USA to justify so many different models out there. For fun comparison, look at the electric shaving market which I’m sure is like 1,000x bigger than ours and yet that market is dominated by only 2 players: Norelco and Braun. Just an interesting observation.
Old 03-01-2019, 10:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
My AMB transponders are 15+ years old and haven't failed a single time. Best bargain in Rc.
That doesn't help when i'm trying to introduce someone new to the sport.
Old 03-06-2019, 05:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
Originally Posted by Nerobro
Sure it does.... find a used one at a fair price.. keep it for years..

my AMB is almost 20 years old.... never an issue..
and been in everything from 1/12 to 1/4 scale GAS.....
my 3PK.. just failed in December..... 15 years of service... never a problem...

purchase a good name product.... new or used...

its cars and batteries that do not Last.

as for a 12 th scale track.....
The Gate... Cleveland Ohio.... and been around what 20 plus years... 4 different building I know of... east side, west side, south side..
Old 03-13-2019, 06:35 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Nerobro
Your just not explaining it very well. Last Amb Xponder i bought cost me $100. If I dcidide to quit racing tomorrow, I can put it in Ebay and get $70-$75 dollars easy making the effective cost of a transponder $30. I just wish my old nitro engines, radios, and outdated chassis could do that well.
Old 03-13-2019, 07:13 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by P2gee
Your just not explaining it very well. Last Amb Xponder i bought cost me $100. If I dcidide to quit racing tomorrow, I can put it in Ebay and get $70-$75 dollars easy making the effective cost of a transponder $30. I just wish my old nitro engines, radios, and outdated chassis could do that well.
agreed.... I have done well with radios.... chassis no... 3 revisions back goes in the trash..

last year I could NOT give away a TC3 , complete 4 wheel drive.. minus electronics... with extra parts and tires.. maybe it was because it had a Nice Honda Accord body ??????
No one wanted it...