• 1 Post By gigaplex
  • 1 Post By the rc guy
  • 1 Post By Ovaloldtimer

Liability of building track on private property

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2018, 07:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Liability of building track on private property

Hello everyone! Justin wanting to solicit the advice of knowledgeable folks on here as to the correct legal precautions to take when running a track on one’s own property. A couple of fellow racers and myself are looking to build a track on my property and host races. If there is anyone here who holds races on their own private property, or just knows what to do in this situation, please chime in. Is there a certain insurance for it, and if so, what’s a ballpark cost of the insurance? I’ve also heard that if your track is registered with ROAR, they insure it. But I’d rather not require people to purchase ROAR licenses in order to race at our track. What’s the best way of insuring I don’t get my butt sued when a 16 year-old trips over a pipe or gets hit in the head by a truggy?

Thanks!
Old 10-06-2018, 11:52 PM
Tech Regular

What country/state are you in? That makes a huge difference, here in New Zealand we can't sue or be sued for bodily injury so minimal requirements and cost. In the US it varies state by state, best to confirm the jursidiction so you can get accurate responses.
Old 10-07-2018, 06:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You really should be asking a lawyer rather than anonymous people on a forum for this type of legal advice.
jgil089 likes this.
Old 03-31-2019, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I am a track owner in Oregon. my 10 acres of property is listed as recreational . my home owners liability I raised to 1 million cost me 200 a yr . call your car and homes insurance company. make sure you have permits if needed.. a tower can be a problem if permits are needed. a set of drawings could cost you thousands for engineering. make it safe . have your racers sign a waver even though it wont stand up in a big law suit.. it will stop a guy from suing for a broken arm or stitches from a crash or accident . be safe not sorry
Old 04-01-2019, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

I carried a 3 million dollar poly. WE also had a lawyer write out a disclaimer that every person that came on the land signed.. Go to a lawyer is best.as much coverage is best to keep whats yours
GrandeGixxer likes this.
Old 04-06-2019, 03:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Doesnt matter what you do, someone gets hurt on your property and wants to sue you, they can and will
TrespasseR_MN likes this.