Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Drag Car Using 2wd Slash Chassis w/ Bandit arms. >

Drag Car Using 2wd Slash Chassis w/ Bandit arms.

Drag Car Using 2wd Slash Chassis w/ Bandit arms.

Old 02-05-2019, 01:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Default Drag Car Using 2wd Slash Chassis w/ Bandit arms.

I know the class recently started not too long ago but this new class for drag racing is utilizing the Traxxas Slash 2wd chassis with Bandit arms to accommodate the proper fitment for various old-school drag bodies. J-Concepts recently released two new bodies (Nova and Mustang) for this drag racer class and a new body will follow soon. They also have released drag slicks for the rear using short course rims and 2.2" buggy front wheels. Currently building one from my parts bin and was wandering if any of you guys were getting into the scene of drag racing. Pictures to follow when painting is done. Will this class survive? I personally think so because you can pretty much race it anywhere you can find a smooth pavement to conduct the race whether it be "illegal" street race or in a vacant parking lot. There is no track needed for the venue so I think it may do well plus parts are readily available and sort of cheap, kinda like go slo, go sideways in the drift scene.
Old 02-05-2019, 11:15 AM
Tech Master

who knows if the class will survive .. My small group of 15 guys dragrace all summer long at a few places in SE Michigan we have been running moded slashes for 3 years .all we do is have fun some bet . LOL
Old 02-05-2019, 02:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Would be nice to bet, not for pink slips but definitely for a hot dog meal or something like it. 15 guys, that's doing pretty good I'd say, this would be the first for our guys once the weather gets warner and the parking is repaved. Are you guys running strictly 2s or mod where there is "no holds bar"?
Old 02-05-2019, 03:38 PM
Tech Master

2 cell.but we all have other drag cars to run some do run 8 cells not many. I run a 4 cell HPI 4wd gtx2 with a few hopups. steel spur and pinion..136 feet and 240..