#RC5BuckChallenge

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By chuck_thehammer

#RC5BuckChallenge

Old 01-19-2019, 02:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default #RC5BuckChallenge

As we all know, R/C tracks are becoming a dying breed. It's sad and unfortunate. Lost of factors can contribute to a track closing such as rising operating costs, insurance costs, and less and less turn outs for events and club racing. It is quite sad. As I myself get ready to really get back into it heavily, I wish not to see my local tracks close any time soon. I am not a sponsored racer like the ones replying on Brent's page but I think if we all did this, throwing in an extra $5 or even $10 to the track on practice days or event days it could go a long way. This holds especially true that we need to keep our local hobby stores in business as well. If we're buying from a major online retailer for parts, it would take the same amount of time for it to come whether we ordered through the lhs or an online channel. I will be doing this as well with my lhs as it literally does take the same amount of time, plus it supports a good cause.

I am not trying to take the money out of the major retailers, we all know who they are, but like Amazon, they are very much the reason why our little mom and pop shops are going under.

Im posting this here as I saw it posted on Brent Thielke's page (Team Associated Team Manager)
Today I am starting something new. I’m calling it the #RC5BuckChallenge
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
As a sponsored racer I provide very little economic impact to the tracks I race and practice at. Sure I buy drinks and snacks, help anyone who asks and dial in customers cars, but rarely do I purchase items off the wall or out of a display case. Although, I rely on these tracks to hone my skills so I can compete at the top level of our sport. ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
As a sponsored racer I get a lot of perks. Free/discounted parts, electronics, bodies, tires, graphics, etc. And in my position, no-cost travel to race around the world. What I would of done 20 years ago to have this sort of sponsorship!!!
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
I love this sport/hobby and I fear it may be going down a dark path that ends in more tracks and shops closing due to lack of local support. Therefore, every time I practice or club race at a track I will be adding $5 to the track’s already reasonable fee. This will come out of my personal funds, not Associated’s. This is just a small way I feel that as a sponsored racer I can give back to the local tracks that I rely on so much for maintaining my lifestyle.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
So there you have it! The RC 5 Buck Challenge. If you claim to be a sponsored racer on any level, I challenge you to join me and help support our local tracks so we can continue to have a place to call home and earn the benefits of our sponsorships. Track Owners, I encourage you to promote and recognize sponsored racers who participate in this challenge. Trust me, us Team Managers are watching.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
#KeepRCFun #BuyLocal #SmallBusiness

Just to be clear, this is a personal decision I have made and is in no way tied to Associated Electrics or any of my other sponsors.
Spread the word.

Practice what you preach, others will follow suit.

Get out there and practice and keep the rubber side down!
Old 01-21-2019, 07:39 AM
Tech Master

nice idea,,,

I have never had a sponsor.. in 28 years of rc racing.

I do attend some bigger races.. but NOT TO RACE... I volunteer marshall when allowed.. and pay the entry fee... so I do help..
I only race the local weekly ones.. and attend the local track maintenance days. shovel, rake, trash pickup.. vacuum.. whatever needed.

many good tracks have closed.. way to many.
but the FEW cannot support the many.
Evoking1230 likes this.